Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Supersonics Media page

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Do you see yourself moving any players mid-season for another Small Forward?
    We strongly feel Al Harington can be a solid starter at that position and wouldn't be surprised to see him double his points per game this season. While he has never played SF in his career, we only view positions as Guard, Wing, Forward, Big and believe it won't be a huge transition for Harrington. However with Qyntel Woods and DeShawn Stevenson the only players the sonics view as a wing on the team, we will have to be aggressive in looking for a wing if they are potential contenders midseason. What I'd like out of this player would be defense and any three point shooting ability would be just a bonus. Harrington could still be great off of the bench if needed. While you should never rule out the big move when it comes to our franchise, don't expect anything that dims our future. A small acquisition is probably all this team will make.

Gaurds: Paul, Roy, Beno, Vujacic

Wings: Woods, Stevenson

Forwards: Harrington, Langhi, LJ, Novak

Bigs: Dirk, Zo, Ratliff, Moiso

Last season you had alot of quality defenders on paper, but your defense struggled throughout the season. This season, the frontcourt defense is deep, but the perimeter defense appears to be lacking outside of CP3. How do you plan to improve the defense this season?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Last season you had alot of quality defenders on paper, but your defense struggled throughout the season. This season, the frontcourt defense is deep, but the perimeter defense appears to be lacking outside of CP3. How do you plan to improve the defense this season?
    After having the leagues worst defense the past two seasons, we decided to make a change in our team mentality. Many remember our frontcourt of Ratliff and Robinson and forget how bad our perimeter defenders were that season. We brought back Ratliff and brought in Alonzo Mourning and Jerome Moiso, to bring in experience defenders that can help erase mistakes made by our young players (Paul, Udrih, Roy, and Vujacic) and those adjusting to assignments defensively (Harrington). We are also impressed by the affect that Alonzo and Ratliff who have multiple all defense selections have had on Dirk Nowitzki who we feel will now be a great defender and will foul less this season.

Another change in our philosophy is our new found emphasis on role players. We feel we need to start bringing in players that have specialized skills that allow for a strong flexible roster. Ratliff and Alonzo are great defensively and Alonzo can rebound, Moiso is a great post scorer and defensive player, Harrington brings a lot to the table as a scorer and rebounder. However we may bring in an elite defender and shooter on the perimeter around the deadline or sooner to help us with specific match-ups if we are competitive.

How would you compare this team on paper to the teams earlier in the decade that made deep playoff runs?

How would you compare this team on paper to the teams earlier in the decade that made deep playoff runs?
    I have quiet confidence that this is our strongest squad yet. Our sacrifice in scoring with the loss of Allen will be more than made up with the additions of Roy and Harrington and the improvements made by Beno Udrih and Chris Paul. It was amazing that we made the playoffs last season with that terrible defense. We feel we have the best of 2002 with the front court defense and the best of last season with a multidimentional scoring attack and taking care of the basketball with great ball handlers. We also have newfound added depth, youth and flexibility. However the league gets stronger every year and this year could be a dogfight for a better finish than last season.

Rumors are sonics have brought in a new coach who will be heavilly involved in the front office.

jhow0036 will join the sonics staff. More on this story to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Rumors are sonics have brought in a new coach who will be heavilly involved in the front office.

You rang??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post

Wut

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Wut
    I think he's an assistant GM. He'll help make trade decisions and learn the ropes of the league until a spot opens up.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Ah that's cool. Anyone who's willing to learn the game and be active is great for the league.

Thought Beeball was retiring for a second. CP3 already running owners out

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Ah that's cool. Anyone who's willing to learn the game and be active is great for the league.

Thought Beeball was retiring for a second. CP3 already running owners out
    I was hoping that too Nola.

Hey jhow, only learn the actual game from him. Don't let his a s s holishness rub off on you. And welcome!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Looking forward to learning how a team is run and excited to be a part of the Seattle Supersonics organization.

update.

Seattle was the best home team in the league despite poor attendance.

BREAKING NEWS:

League Sources inform ESPN.com that the Seattle Supersonics have offered FA guard Leandro Barbosa a maximum contract

As always willing to take questions to questions, advice, opinions.

TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD MY TEAM IS!

Is Dirk in your long-term plans?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Is Dirk in your long-term plans?
    Dirk has quietly turned himself into one of the leagues most efficient scorers and a great defender. However he is the oldest player on the team at 29 years old. Dirk is for sure staying put unless the opportunity presents itself to add a younger core player who can stick on the team longterm to grow with young stars Roy and Paul for the pending move to Oklahoma City.

Seattle could feature more small ball lineups this season with Roy Harrington and Dirk playing the 3, 4, and 5 respectively

Seattle, after missing out on Leandro Barbosa, prepares to move forward with plan B, over paying for Free agents they don't really need on one year deals just to be *****
    What a proud franchise.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 08-14-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Calvin Murphy: Fox Sports Houston

Do you feel like your reputation is hurting your team when it comes to free agents and being voted for certain awards? Also, how worried are you when it comes to bringing in as much talent as you can before your rookie contracts begin to expire?

Jack Markson from The Golden Take. While you missed out on the big free agents, you still return your core from last year. Do you feel that core can compete for a title this year with the improvement of the Lakers?

Calvin Murphy: Fox Sports Houston

Do you feel like your reputation is hurting your team when it comes to free agents and being voted for certain awards? Also, how worried are you when it comes to bringing in as much talent as you can before your rookie contracts begin to expire?
    My reputation definitely hurts me in trades and awards. To think any team made better moves than the Sonics last season is questionable at best especially the dumping of Ray Allen and the signing of Al Harrington to 12 million over 4 and position switch. Also Al should have gotten more MIP attention. As far as trades go I am perceived as a blood in the water type GM, but my offers are well thought out to benefit both teams. I would say that even the Supersonics worst offers are better than what we receive on average. As far as adding talent the Sonics still have next offseason and with some creative moves even the season after that to be involved in FA. The main concern as of now is to add a young big. That addition would put the Sonics as longterm contenders. While we are content with the starting 5 it is important to continue adding youth and assets. Roy and Paul are the only two players on the team that can be penciled in as ten year starters. We have to be agressive to find a third or forth player to join them. This team is still in a rebuild despite the winning record. Getting 25 and under talent is a huge priority.

Quote Originally Posted by BowToTheBill23 View Post
    Jack Markson from The Golden Take. While you missed out on the big free agents, you still return your core from last year. Do you feel that core can compete for a title this year with the improvement of the Lakers?
    Yes we return our top 6 players who should all improve. We feel that the Lakers aren't a team without weakness and we plan to exploit them.

Calvin Murphy again:

Do you feel like Dirk is a great asset in the regular season, but a potential liability in the postseason against more physical inside scoring PFs? What are your goals for Brandon Roy this season? He had an admirable rookie season so what are you looking for him to improve on this season?

Dirk causes just as many matchup problems on the other end. Roy should improve his efficiency in year 2, this team has enough volume scoring.

Thread Information