Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype

@Faggotdicktits: word on the street is that a jamison trade is being close to finalized. more on the way

@DeJoeRockCity Pistons got everything they wanted and more during Resignings this year. Wilcox & Gooden deals pleasant surprises.

@DeJoeRockCity Yao deal as expected money wise but 1-year shorter. Yao untrained before now & will get a lot of focus from TCs.

@DeJoeRockCity Will take a run at last free agent we have rights too. JRich would play pivotal role in potential 06-07 success.

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: My sources tell me that the recent trade activity in the West, as well as last season's unexpected drop to 8th, has left Suns management "biting their nails," worried about their short & long-term viability. They feel that any shift in focus needs to happen now.

HR Sim League

@SportsGuy: Idle hands...
    #FREEQUAIL

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @BucksNation: HOLY $#!+, I just woke up from a 3-day post-season binge coma to see we traded for Antoine Walker and Shareef?! Excuse me, need to change my underpants. #Poop #Pee #Jizz

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: The Suns' GM, and I quote: "I don't drink.........this makes me want to." LOL

@sportsguy:

wojo_yahoosports: Seattle has been listening to offers for the number two pick in the NBA draft, the supersonics brass has turned down some amazing trade offers that would move them into the NBA elite of star power in favor of a complete and flexible roster around young star guard Chris Paul. The Sonics prefer longevity over a win now approach. A refreshing change of pace from previous seasons.

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: Suns went for a position of need rather than draft the consensus best player available. It says a lot about the faith they have in their current squad for them to draft a 6th man at #1.

woj_yahoosports: Ray Allen could be moved before open FA
    make offers.

@Lakersnation: Lakers done in FA. Happy with all of their deals.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

@FSH: Rockets spend entire cap space this offseason. Only looking at minimum salaries now. Joe Smith, James Posey, and Mateen Cleaves added. Todd MacCullouch resigned
    @FSH: Rockets really wanted Sam Cassell as well to join Smith and Posey. Disappointed when he resigned with the Celtics.
    @FSH: Joe Smith could start at C or PF but expected to be primary backup for both spots depending on matchups. Rockets have big plans for him.
    @FSH: James Posey could get the nod at SG due to his perimeter shooting and defense. Would bring more balance to the lineup while Manu can score off the bench inside or outside. #Perfect6thman
    @FSH: Aaron McKie, Mateen Cleaves, and Shaun Livingston are battling for the starting PG spot. Key will be outside shooting, ball-handling, and defense. McKie is the favorite.

@FSH: Rockets believe they can get the first seed in the West.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

@LAKERSNATION: Easy to say Lakers went to bargin bin for players this offseason, but it's hard not to like that they've done. Q rich for 3.5 for 4 years is a steal for a guy many think could start day 1.
    @LAKERSNATION: Lakers were in talking to acquire either a stud 3 or 1but feel they're loaded at the 3 and feel confident with Terry and Williams at the 1. Value the upcoming first rounders to fill our roster for the future.
    @LAKERSNATION: Word is, Tim Duncan has full trust in FO after moving Iverson. More focused on team oriented ball and didn't feel right asking AI to keep sacrificing what made him great. Duncan hungrier than ever.
    @LAKERSNATION: Other GMs dont seem to have the same confidence level of the Lakers offseason moves that the Lakers do internally. So far no one voting them to come out of the West. Lakers remind confident but quiet, eerily quiet.

@DetroitRockCity How do y'all get these quote boxes to work?

@GarrusV: #Pacers in trade talks to acquire a former All-Star, stay tuned for more info
    ^
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

SunnySonic: Chris Mihm was an Allstar?!

@DetroitRockCity Team is letting potential free agents know that a sim-nacho bar is being installed at the training facility
    @DetroitRockCity Highlighted on the nacho bar will be sim-hint of lime chips and authentic sim-TexMex salsa

@deseretnews: Sources say Utah Jazz may not be done in moving players
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

@Lakersnation: If Lakers hit early, they will consider MLE a luxury and will only offer it to someone who will get substantial playing time on the team. Luxury tax implications always a concern.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    @SacTown Sources closely related to front office of the Kings indeed confirmed the team is looking to retain SG Cuttino Mobley.
    @SacTown Source uncertain if team will pursue free agent SGs if Mobley is retained. Might still roll the dice.

@DetroitRockCity Team will have luxury tax problems for the first time in the 8 seasons of sim league
    @DetroitRockCity Still team plans on retaining Ridnour
    @DetroitRockCity Also, team will train Yao's shot blocking and Ridnour's handles as both were problem areas last year
    @DetroitRockCity Will hope for a great season and some salary dumping at the trade deadline to get under the cap or reduce the tax penalty
    NEWSFLASH!!!

@BucksNation: It's not a secret that Bucks need a SG. However, if nothing comes around, Bucks are not afraid to start Lewis at the 2 and Shareef at the 3 (if he is still with the team)

@SportsGuy Celtics fans are depressed Webber is gone and sources tell me the rebuild plan may take 3 years, we are not a patient city
    @SportsGuy Sources tell me When Celtics have cap space for the first time ever they plan on making teams pay for their RFAs
    @SportsGuy Expectations are low this season main goals are to get under luxury tax line and not deliver the Wizards a top 5 pick. Roster is pretty much set may add a guy or two

@RaptorBait: Bucks bucked a Mo Pete for 09 First offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

@BucksNation: Surely the Raptors are withholding information

Thread Information