Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype

Hoopshype

Feel free to post FA and Trade rumors here. It's my hope we can stir up some more trade interest here.

@LarryCoon: Lakers have an interesing delima. Only 24 million on the books before Dirk. Hear they've had a few interested parties in taking Snow off of their hands which brings the total down to 19.5. Hear Mitch isn't "sold" on Fa class but a few key targets if they hit the market.
    @ESPNSteinLine: Lakers looking a lot of prospects for the draft. Are set on one guy outside of Dwight Howard if he falls near them. willing to move up to grab him and they certainly have the assets.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 01-14-2013 at 09:45 AM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by @SportsGuyBillSimmons
    Boston Celtics have reportedly fallen in love with about 3 or 4 prospects in this years draft, and are looking to move back into the draft. Young guys on rookie contracts and future picks are available.
    Per ESPN.com/Boston
    #FREEQUAIL

@Chris_Broudssard: Word out of Toronto is that Grant Hill may not have a place in the team's long term plans. The Raptors may not make a move soon, but have an eye set towards next years draft and offseason.
    I don't know where Chris Broussard comes up with this crap. Then Raptors will have over $20 mil free this offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

@Chris_Broudssard: Also hearing from sources that the Lakers are willing to let go of Sam Cassell for the right price. Looking for first rounders or young vets with favorable salary.

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: Good news is, I got my promotion. Hoping to continue the draft specials, as well as some other SI.com projects. Bad news is, I've moved to Arizona, which means I'm the guy they call to get dirt on the Suns. Yay me.

@JeezyF.Baby: Word out here in the lonesome desert is that the Suns' wheeling-and-dealing GM is going through an extremely early midlife crisis, and instead of getting a Suzuki, he's trying to settle down and rebuild his broken squad. Fortson's now the franchise, and they're hoping to avoid having Bibby share the same fate as Miller. Practically everyone else could be a draft pick away from being gone, especially Travis Knight and Shammond Williams.
    Last edited by Xist2inspire; 01-14-2013 at 11:25 AM.

HR Sim League

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @BucksNation: Highly anticipating the return of Gilbert Arenas this coming season, Bucks are looking to add more depth in the offseason and build around the Core 4 of Arenas, Wallace, Grant, and Divac. Although, according to sources, they do have the assets and would look to upgrade their 2-spot, if the opportunity arises.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    @You're_Out_Of_Your_Element: Hearing rumblings about a potential breaking up of the Wolves' big three. Sources close to the Wolves have cited numerous trade discussions involving Gasol and Marbury. NH23 seems content with his trio of all-stars, but realizes that another quiet off-season won't lead to a championship anytime soon.

With no draft pick and what could be an underwhelming free agent class, a trade might be the most logical step. The source also said that Boozer is nearly untouchable, while Marbury is the most likely to be moved if the right deal comes along.

Word is the Bulls are dangling Nash and Lafrentz out on the trade market, but no offer has been good enough to make them bite on a blockbuster deal just yet. Michael Redd has also been involved in some discussions.

Quiet from Rockets camp other than Jeff Van Gundy going ballistic at the media.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

@BucksNation: Did this late season success get you pumped up for the future? Save some of that excitement... because big things are about to go down! #BuckUp

@Oakland_Daily: Since hornetstime247s arrival the Golden State Warriors have made it too 2 straight Western Conference Finals and are only one 1 win away from reaching the NBA Finals heading into tonights matchup with the Portland Blazers. Over his 2 years as GM 247 has been one of the league most active GMs guiding the team to 2 major overhauls. Despite the GMs penchant for dealing close sources insist the current core is here to stay for the forseeble future. The main offseason priorities for this team appear to be re-signing Chris Mihm and David Wesley. But one un-named source revealed that the Warriors have one major FA target that they would "love to get" and that they are " exploring everything possible to dump enough salary to make a run at him without losing one of their core peices".

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    @Oakland_Daily: Since hornetstime247s arrival the Golden State Warriors have made it to 2 straight Western Conference Finals and are only one 1 win away from reaching the NBA Finals heading into tonights matchup with the Portland Blazers. Over his 2 years as GM 247 has been one of the league most active GMs guiding the team to 2 major overhauls. Despite the GMs penchant for dealing close sources insist the current core is here to stay for the forseeble future. The main offseason priorities for this team appear to be re-signing Chris Mihm and David Wesley. But one un-named source revealed that the Warriors have one major FA target that they would "love to get" and that they are " exploring everything possible to dump enough salary to make a run at him without losing one of their core peices".
    Must be using TwitLonger for that tweet :P

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    @Oakland_Daily: Since hornetstime247s arrival the Golden State Warriors have made it too 2 straight Western Conference Finals and are only one 1 win away from reaching the NBA Finals heading into tonights matchup with the Portland Blazers. Over his 2 years as GM 247 has been one of the league most active GMs guiding the team to 2 major overhauls. Despite the GMs penchant for dealing close sources insist the current core is here to stay for the forseeble future. The main offseason priorities for this team appear to be re-signing Chris Mihm and David Wesley. But one un-named source revealed that the Warriors have one major FA target that they would "love to get" and that they are " exploring everything possible to dump enough salary to make a run at him without losing one of their core peices".
    PS - Sim results are up... my condolences Great series though!

@ESPNSteinLine: Just talked to Rasheed Wallace's agent. There are a reported 6+ Teams that will be willing to throw a max contract at his client. Unclear if the Raptors intend on keeping him or andre Miller as of now or heading in a new direction with the team.
    @HRSkipBayless: This will be an interesting offseason for the Sonics. Can they retain their young vets in Pierce and Allen? Sonics GM confident they can.
    @LakersNation: Lakers Mitch Kupcheck hires statistician known as 'Ballsohard' to evaluate the FA class and potential trade targets. Lakers did very well with him before.
    @BillSimmons: Few GMs have put out complaint to commissioners office concernign the legality of Garrnett's contract that he got after the redraft. It will be interesting to see what the league turns up.

@ESPNSteinLine: Just to clarify an earlier tweet, the Raptors will have plenty enough money to secure Wallace and Miller if need be. They are waiting to see if they get an offer from Sheed's agent. He could be kept as an asset.
    @ESPNSteinLine: The Raptors have already engaged Dirk Nowitski in Free Agent talks. Apparently their GM is done playing nice. Rules be damned.

Word is that Seattle will resign Allen and Pierce no matter the cost, things could get dicey with McDyess negotiations however.
    Seattle's draft board has 18 prospects on it and while they have been shopping their first round selection, they feel that one of those players will fall to them and wouldn't be against keeping the pick.
    Hopefully they can bounce back after 2 unsuccessful seasons.

@ESPNSteinLine: As reported earlier, Raptors Decline option on Rasheed Wallace and couldn't come to terms in the early resigning period for Miller. Also, dirk will not be hitting the market as the Lakers have come to an agreement with the 7 footer.

@ESPN8TheOcho: With Massenburg, Davis, and Tabak retiring and Williamson and Mercer opting out of resigning, look for the Bucks to bring in new blood to come off the bench. But don't be surprised if they go after either Mercer or Williamson, but not both.

@OaklandDaily: Hearing that Warriors have deal on table to bring in young big man that they have coveted for since he entered the league. Details of deal should emerge in the coming days.

@Oaklanddaily: Also hearing Warriors have engaged Eastern Conference team in possible blockbuster deal... Nothing is finalized,deal is still in negotation stages.

@Oaklanddaily: Warriors are being very aggresive in trying to bring in young, up and coming stars to compliment the big 3.

Hoopshype

@larrycoon: Hard to believe the Lakers have not been in the news. Seem to have accepted rebuild. Expect salary shedding deals only I'm being told.

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: Though it may not seem like it, letting Wallace go to Free Agency was a big first step in a new direction. Rumors are that Fortson could move to the 5 and Juwan could start at the 4.

@JeezyF.Baby: Even though the Suns' haven't had a first round pick in eons, their GM is a draft junkie (I approve), who loves analyzing who will go where. The feeling throughout the organization is that this draft will be a big one.

@JeezyF.Baby: The Suns' haven't had a quality SG since the Penny days. (SJax was traded before he emerged). The Suns would like to change that. Their GM has been quoted as saying, "I like the young PGs that are coming out. Lots of starting potential, even further down the draft." Take from that what you will....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    @JAAdande: Blazers sources are reporting that even after the dissapointing game 7 loss in the finals, that they believe they can still compete again possibly for another year, which happens to be their star player's contract year. With that being said, lookout for the Blazers to test the FA waters for a big signing to help them in their hunt for a title this upcoming NBA season.
    Last edited by wuggie; 01-21-2013 at 10:16 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ;1028122
    @3sob: Grizzlies Front office has been quiet since last season's disappointing p.o. appearance. Got a mic infront of GM LoCo, and he mentioned "big changes" coming for Grizzlies before season. He also said it was tough to decline Jalen's max contract extension, and he wishes Rose could have come cheaper, but wishes him the best of luck for his career
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Thread Information