Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Guy eavesdrops on Demps dinner conversation (re: draft) and posts info to twitter

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I don't see anything earth shattering here. Nothing was mentioned about trades or even who specifically they wanted to draft at 10.

At best, you can assume they'll go Lillard, Rivers, or Waiters at 10. But if Lillard falls to 10, pretty much everyone has him going to the Hornets anyway. A lot of others already have Rivers going at 10. But now, with this "news", if a team in the top 9 takes Rivers, that means another good player falls to ten because most places have Rivers as the 12th-15th best player in this draft.

I am happy to hear that about Drummond though. For a guy to be that physically gifted, you have to do better than 10 & 7.... not to mention 29% from the free throw line. You can't even have the guy on the floor when you're in the penalty.
    Nonsense. On this team, the only players who will be handling the rock in those situations will be Gordon, Jack, or some other post player. Drummond just has to grab rebounds and blocks until he gets better from the line. And by better, I mean merely bad. Not "Is he closing his eyes?"

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Have you ever agreed with anything that anyone on this board has ever said?
    The smart things said by the smart people.

(In my Stewie Griffin voice)-Yes, THIS will change everything. I guy with a few followers on twitter will CHANGE the NBA DRAFT.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

There no proof that this guy actually heard a damn thing.

Every GM in the entire league has Lillard over Rivers by a large margin. Non-story.

Rather try to trade down and get the 14th and 16th pick from Houston.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    The smart things said by the smart people.
    Fair enough. It just seems that you've overwhelmingly negative towards people on this site. I don't see why you have to be sarcastic with people like that last post, but whatever. Do you.

I disagree with how he did it too but do you think any team is listening to a guy with a Twitter account that sat a table over from Demps (can't even prove that day) once at a restaurant? Not what you call a reliable source. Regardless if it is true or not every team 2-9 is taking this with a grain of salt. You can't base your draft off this dudes twitter feed

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Nonsense. On this team, the only players who will be handling the rock in those situations will be Gordon, Jack, or some other post player. Drummond just has to grab rebounds and blocks until he gets better from the line. And by better, I mean merely bad. Not "Is he closing his eyes?"
    If you're in the penalty, teams will just foul him even when he doesn't have the ball just to automatically send him to the line... Hack a Drummond. He doesn't have to have the ball in order to be fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    If you're in the penalty, teams will just foul him even when he doesn't have the ball just to automatically send him to the line... Hack a Drummond. He doesn't have to have the ball in order to be fouled.
    Thus giving us one or two FTs and the ball again thanks to Chamberlin rule implemented specifically so you can't hold this against Drummond...I mean teams can't use this to neutralize another team's offensive possessions.

Straight from the rule book:

Section X--Away-From-The-Play Foul
    a. During the last two minutes of the fourth period or overtime period(s) with the offensive team in possession of the ball, all personal fouls which are assessed against the defensive team prior to the ball being released on a throw-in and/or away-from-the-play, shall be administered as follows:
    (1) A personal foul and team foul shall be assessed and one free throw attempt shall be awarded. The free throw may be attempted by any play-er in the game at the time the personal foul was committed.
    (2) If the foul occurs when the ball is inbounds, the offended team shall be awarded the ball at the nearest point where play was interrupted but no nearer to the baseline than the free throw line extended.
    (3) If the foul occurs prior to the release on a throw-in, the offended team shall be awarded the ball at the original throw-in spot, with all privileges, if any, remaining.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 06-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Thus giving us one or two FTs and the ball again thanks to Chamberlin rule implemented specifically so you can't hold this against Drummond...I mean teams can't use this to neutralize another team's offensive possessions.
    Unless they just changed it recently... even the Spurs were doing this to the Clippers in the playoffs several times with Hack-a-Jordan (without the ball) just to send him to the line until he could actually make free throws. Several of those games he ended up not even playing the entire 4th quarter if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by bradael; 06-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.

The Franchise

Straight from the rule book:
    So last 2 minutes are sweet but what about the other 46
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Drummond has bust potential. He's a safer pick at 10 but I wouldn't touch him at 6 if I was Portland. They should draft Lillard.

I would draft Drummond over Leonard. Leonard was way way worse than Drummond in his freshmen season. It's possible Drummond could have had a similar breakout season in his 2nd year as Leonard did. Neither Drummond nor Leonard would start right away on a NBA team so go with the guy with more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    So last 2 minutes are sweet but what about the other 46
    What about them? Really afraid teams will literally just foul Drummond all game, then don't want us to draft him.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Rather try to trade down and get the 14th and 16th pick from Houston.
    Me too. Why would Houston do it though? Maybe if a certain player falls that they really like.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Since I work at Adelaide (in the kitchen) I can't possibly see how dude heard that whole conversation with everyone that we had in town at the bar, ESPN on full blast, And the music playing from where he shot that picture he was sitting at the bar on the end and Dell was way at the booth how the eff did he hear all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Me too. Why would Houston do it though? Maybe if a certain player falls that they really like.
    I would think that would be the only way if they want someone there. Rather draft TJones and Marshall over Leonard, Zeller, or Rivers by themselves. I would keep it to pick Lillard and probably Drummond even though I would bed money on TJones having a better career than Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Since I work at Adelaide (in the kitchen) I can't possibly see how dude heard that whole conversation with everyone that we had in town at the bar, ESPN on full blast, And the music playing from where he shot that picture he was sitting at the bar on the end and Dell was way at the booth how the eff did he hear all of that?
    BigChris, where you been bro? Good to hear from you. Thanks for the info man.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    BigChris, where you been bro?
    AT ADELAIDE!!!!!! LOL

AT ADELAIDE!!!!!! LOL
    True LOL

Wow. Ain't seen this dude in a billion years. Forgot he even existed!

It's not that big of a deal anyway, draft will come and go in a few days, it's not like he was talking trade scenarios or something of that nature. At least he didn't say his SSN out loud because this guy would have it all over the Internet lol
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

Wow. Ain't seen this dude in a billion years. Forgot he even existed!
    You're such a bad boy

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

The Franchise
    What about them? Really afraid teams will literally just foul Drummond all game, then don't want us to draft him.
    There are a lot of reasons why I wouldnt want Drummond and not to go off-topic too much (as this is the wrong thread). Everytime a team makes a mini run it would make sense to foul Drummond to stop this, also come playoffs this would really be attacked by smart teams. Like I said this is a small reason why I would want Drummond but it doesn't help

I'm just laughing hysterically at the idea that you don't draft Drummond because "TEAMS ARE JUST GONNA FOUL HIM EVERY POSSESSION!" Have you ever watched a basketball game? When does this ever happen? Blake Griffin is one of the worst FT shooters in the league and he still puts up 20 and 10.

3 years from now if we have a frontcourt of Davis and Drummond i doubt anyone on this board will be disappointed.

Thread Information