Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy eavesdrops on Demps dinner conversation (re: draft) and posts info to twitter

everybody wants to be TMZ these days. Hopefully Dell learned a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Maybe so, but there was a possibility that Portland takes Drummond at 6. Now with the News that the Hornets are not interested in Drummond and Lillard is their #1 guy at 10, the chances of Lillard slipping to 10 just went down even further.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Hopefully Dell learned a lesson
    Those are my thoughts exactly.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Dell is a sharp guy. I don't see him being this free with information, unless it was an elaborate plant of information. Also, has anyone considered that dude made a ton of stuff up for attention simply because he and Demps were in the same space? I really don't see him being that unprofessional.
    Yeah, I was thinking this. He is the kind of guy who wants attention and knows enough about the draft to BS a little. Makes sense.

Also, in the case that he is correct, he tweeted out this:

Brent M. Toca ‏@betterhlf
    @LHolderCBS can you follow me I want to DM with you a few tidbits that I don't feel like I should tweet just yet from last night.

So, basically, if you believe him, that means that they discussed more prospects that he didn't mention, so they could have discussed a Terrence Jones, a Meyers Leonard, etc...

Maybe so, but there was a possibility that Portland takes Drummond at 6. Now with the News that the Hornets are not interested in Drummond and Lillard is their #1 guy at 10, the chances of Lillard slipping to 10 just went down even further.
    I seriously doubt that teams will change who they will draft based on that guys Twitter feed. Also, the most recent reports were saying that there is little chance that they would pick Drummond at #6.
    The Hornets-Wizards trade that sent Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza to Washington and Rashard Lewis to New Orleans could have bigger implications for draft night than the Hornets also getting the 46th pick. With Okafor gone and Chris Kaman headed to free agency, the need to go center at No. 10 just jumped dramatically.

That's bad news for the Trail Blazers and Bucks, picking 11th and 12th, respectively, and also center hunting, with the chances of Portland taking Andre Drummond at No. 6 a long shot. Drummond, Meyers Leonard and Tyler Zeller could all be gone by the time the Blazers are on the clock the second time.
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    Check out his feed here. Basically says if Lillard and Rivers both available at 10, will take Lillard. Questions Rivers ego. Doesn't like Drummond. Talks about Thornton.

https://twitter.com/#!/betterhlf
    What a bi#%^! Dude needs to mind his own business! He is exposing our plans. If anyone has a twitter account, please remind him of ow much of a ****** bag he is.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    No one can say for 100% sure knew the Hornets were interested in Lillard. There were absolutely no indication before the information today. There were speculation by the media but before today, the Hornets never revealed anything that would lead you to believe that Lillard was #1 on their board.
    Exactly! They made it seem as they don't want him!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Do you guys think this story is legit?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Do you guys think this story is legit?
    Not at all.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Its really not a big deal. He posted stuff that barely even seems interesting, the ONLY thing that wasn't widely assumed already was that Drummond isn't in play. Not even a big deal about him posting it. Demps should probably be slightly more careful with where he says this stuff if this was secret.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    What a bi#%^! Dude needs to mind his own business! He is exposing our plans. If anyone has a twitter account, please remind him of ow much of a ****** bag he is.
    i did and he blocked me

I don't see Lillard lasting past Portland and I think Toronto might trade with Phoenix so they can take Waiters

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I don't see Lillard lasting past Portland and I think Toronto might trade with Phoenix so they can take Waiters
    It's very possible that Portland takes Drummond at 6 because they want to pair him with LMA. Very possible. If that happens, I think Lillard falls to 10.

Portland probably thinks he could drop to 11 because they think we need a Center. And we haven't worked out Lillard yet, so they probably think we don't even want him.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It's very possible that Portland takes Drummond at 6 because they want to pair him with LMA. Very possible. If that happens, I think Lillard falls to 10.

Portland probably thinks he could drop to 11 because they think we need a Center. And we haven't worked out Lillard yet, so they probably think we don't even want him.
    It's possible either way, but I think it's more likely they take Lillard at #6. Lilard is much more of a sure thing and they probably don't want to gamble with their highest pick.

Portland wouldn't have had the owner have dinner with Lillard if it didn't seem like they were going to take him

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Unless he was throwing smokescreens?

But yeah, I'm not pleased with this.
    I agree this could be a smokescreen. This is not Demps' first rodeo. He is very aware of the blogosphere and the potential impact of certain "facts" leaking out. Of course, I do not know the exact circumstances of how Demps was overheard. It may have been a situation where he expected he would not be overheard so the remark could reflect his true opinions. If so, it should not have been made public, especially by a Hornets fan. But I would not put it past Demps to realize some tool was trying to eavesdrop on his conversation for just that reason. These guys may have been talking about their kids or a new car one of them bought. When they realized someone was trying out his amateur journalism skills on the eve of the draft, they decided to have some fun.

I'm glad Demps did not say how high he was on Zeller. I want him to be there at 10 (he probably will, I hope we take him).

A guy on a message board... post about what a guy on twitter posted.... and other guys flock to the thread- just like they flock to every other rumor or tidbit of Hornets info- and call the guy on twitter a ****** and want him to get his *** kicked.

#classic
    #getoveryourselves
    #lightenup

...or go kick his *** if you're really mad!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The Supervillain is gaming you all.

FWIW, Demps is always at Cafe Adelaide.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

You make a good point. Maybe not working out lilliard was part of the plan so he could drop to us. I doubt it but that actually sounds like a legitimate tactic. And From what this guy says i think we will adress center in FA
    Instead of the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    A guy on a message board... post about what a guy on twitter posted.... and other guys flock to the thread- just like they flock to every other rumor or tidbit of Hornets info- and call the guy on twitter a ****** and want him to get his *** kicked.

#classic
    #getoveryourselves
    #lightenup

this guy...

No mention of Zeller or Leonard.

That alone makes me happy about this.
    So, does this mean we will resign Kaman?

I don't see anything earth shattering here. Nothing was mentioned about trades or even who specifically they wanted to draft at 10.

At best, you can assume they'll go Lillard, Rivers, or Waiters at 10. But if Lillard falls to 10, pretty much everyone has him going to the Hornets anyway. A lot of others already have Rivers going at 10. But now, with this "news", if a team in the top 9 takes Rivers, that means another good player falls to ten because most places have Rivers as the 12th-15th best player in this draft.

I am happy to hear that about Drummond though. For a guy to be that physically gifted, you have to do better than 10 & 7.... not to mention 29% from the free throw line. You can't even have the guy on the floor when you're in the penalty.

what a tool. I hope he isnt a hornets fan considering he might have just hurt the team. Portland could be hoping for Drummond and Lillard, and now they know Drummond has a better chance of falling while Lillard has 0

#classic
    #getoveryourselves
    #lightenup

Have you ever agreed with anything that anyone on this board has ever said?

Thread Information