Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy eavesdrops on Demps dinner conversation (re: draft) and posts info to twitter

I doubt this is true. If so, I would have to question Demps' judgment discussing such confidential info in a public place.

Well he did say he questions Rivers ego and WHEN Austin hears about this and if we do draft him at 10 then we're already starting off on the wrong foot

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I doubt this is true. If so, I would have to question Demps' judgment discussing such confidential info in a public place.
    Dude can't have brunch with a pal and talk shop without someone getting all J Edgar?

So, I take it that they are most likely taking a guard at 10.

1.Lillard
    2.Rivers
    3.Waiters

No mention of Zeller or Leonard.

That alone makes me happy about this.

i told that dude to go **** himself.. if i were dell i would be pissed

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Have to wonder if that guy posting months ago saying Monty thinks Jason could be a C may have been truthful.

That *****hole got what he wanted.

Larry Holder ‏@LHolderCBS

Check out @betterhlf's Twitter feed as he went undercover to get some Hornets tidbits.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    So, I take it that they are most likely taking a guard at 10.

1.Lillard
    2.Rivers
    3.Waiters
    I'm personally happy with that, although I'd prefer Waiters over Rivers.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    All part of Dell's master plan to get Drummond to fall to us

Oh, and if true f^€k that guy. What a ****** bag.

It's on twitter so you know it's reliable

It was a mistake by Demps if true but not the end of the world. A true fan would never post it on twitter. Guy is just seeking attention. Hope someone kicks his ***.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    It was a mistake by Demps if true but not the end of the world. A true fan would never post it on twitter. Guy is just seeking attention. Hope someone kicks his ***.
    I wouldn't care if he came here and posted some of it, or told his buddies. But giving like updates during the actual conversation on twitter?

Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    It's on twitter so you know it's reliable
    He had proof that he was at the restaurant he claimed to be in. He also had proof that he sat next to Demps. And it was probably after the final workouts so I believe him.

Mostly what we already knew. NBA is a perimeter game now and we only have one real threat from the perimeter and thats Gordon.

Big men generally take longer to develop so i'd rather get a young veteran at center like a Magee who has already taken the majority of his lumps somewhere else.

He's probably telling the truth. We know he was there based off picture. I can't see him making up the entire conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets7 View Post
    Mostly what we already knew. NBA is a perimeter game now and we only have one real threat from the perimeter and thats Gordon.

Big men generally take longer to develop so i'd rather get a young veteran at center like a Magee who has already taken the majority of his lumps somewhere else.
    No one can say for 100% sure knew the Hornets were interested in Lillard. There were absolutely no indication before the information today. There were speculation by the media but before today, the Hornets never revealed anything that would lead you to believe that Lillard was #1 on their board.

I'm surprised no word about a big man?!? I wonder who Demps was talking to also!

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Have the Hornets even worked out Lilard

i wouldn't mind waiters, lillard or rivers at all. Wish Meyers Leonard was involved in talks

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Dell is a sharp guy. I don't see him being this free with information, unless it was an elaborate plant of information. Also, has anyone considered that dude made a ton of stuff up for attention simply because he and Demps were in the same space? I really don't see him being that unprofessional.

No one can say for 100% sure knew the Hornets were interested in Lillard. There were absolutely no indication before the information today. There were speculation by the media but before today, the Hornets never revealed anything that would lead you to believe that Lillard was #1 on their board.
    There was info about Lillard and the Hornets. A week ago, it came out that we wanted him in for a competitive workout but he would only come if it was solo.

I don't see anything there that wasn't blatantly obvious. Lillard is > Rivers. Waiters is interesting to lots of teams, and it's extremely unlikely that Drummond drops to 10 so there's not much reason for him to be on the radar. If Demps wasn't comfortable with that conversation going national hopefully he learned a valuable lesson with information that didn't really matter. If he did want that information to go national, maybe we are interested in Drummond and now some teams won't try to trade up if he starts falling.

He had proof that he was at the restaurant he claimed to be in. He also had proof that he sat next to Demps. And it was probably after the final workouts so I believe him.
    Wow... I've got some property if you're interested...

There was plenty info they were interested.

As far as the draft board we cant know that and it can change at anytime.

Thread Information