Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Draft Wishlist and Why?

i have mad faith in demps

1. Andre Drummond
    2. Thomas Robinson
    3. Perry Jones III

Stay the he'll away from Anthony Davis. Not a franchise changer at this point and looks to be YEARS away from becoming one, if ever.

what people dont understand is that big guys take longer to develop..so of course these big guys are not finished products and dominating RIGHT NOW..it takes time..news flash guys, dwight howard wasn't dominant in his first couple of seasons, for crying out loud okafor won rookie of the year...bynum was nothing in his first couple of seasons...chris bosh didn't dominate his only year at georgia tech...black griffin was not dominant his freshman year; he became dominant his 2nd year in college...big guys are not dominant at 18/19 years old

drummond or perry i said!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    what people dont understand is that big guys take longer to develop..so of course these big guys are not finished products and dominating RIGHT NOW..it takes time..news flash guys, dwight howard wasn't dominant in his first couple of seasons, for crying out loud okafor won rookie of the year...bynum was nothing in his first couple of seasons...chris bosh didn't dominate his only year at georgia tech...black griffin was not dominant his freshman year; he became dominant his 2nd year in college...big guys are not dominant at 18/19 years old
    Exactly so why take a stick like Anthony Davis hoping he gets muscular and fills out when we can take Perry Jones, Sullinger, or Robinson who are already on their way to having NBA bodies and have just as much upside as Davis.

EDIT: And as for the guys I would like us to draft..
    1) Perry Jones III (Baylor)
    2) Thomas Robinson (Kansas)
    3) Jared Sullinger (OSU)

And as for a later pick I wouldnt mind Tyler Zeller or Marquis Teague if we had a pick in the 18-25 range somehow
    Last edited by ItsPaulyP; 12-21-2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Realized I havent posted on this thread so i might as well answer the question
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

i stick by what i said.. ive me Davis, then Kidd Gilchrist(or Miller) then Marshall for a very young, potential laden 1 to 5. With veterans around. Put all your resources into developing Anthony Davis into a KG type player. Remember, KG entered the NBA with the same skill set and body - REALLY REALLY thin with a high motor, coordination and great basketball and defensive instincts.

Kidd Gilchrist can become a lock down defender and a great complement to Eric Gordon. I think he has the tools to become a TayShaun Prince type - glue guy, can score when needed and can defend 1-2-3s.

Marshall can be our distributor. Has the CP3 passing in his blood. Not a scorer by any account (can't score a lick). but one thing you know is he'll defend and he'll run your team the way you want to - efficient and few turnovers.

one of either davis or drummond.

they wont dominate right away, but thats fine with me as long as i see progress. the problem here is eric gordon, will he be willing to wait for these guys to develop?

Anthony Davis and Jared Sullinger. Both are producing right now and both, especially Davis, have high ceilings IMO.

Drummond and Jones scare me off how they don't dominate lesser competition like they should. They're too gifted to put up the sorry rebounding numbers they do. Drafting either of those guys, at least at this point, would be like drafting Marvin Williams. Guys with incredible athleticism at top schools, but that don't produce when they're on the floor.

And Okafor was never the scorer Sullinger is. He scored single digits his freshman year. Plus he wasn't even his team's best scorer... that was Ben Gordon. Sullinger is Ohio State's go to guy. And at least Sullinger is playing with a decent field of talent of bigs. Okafor played during the time that all 7 footers went straight to the NBA out of high school.

I think with Sullinger and Davis... you get the most polished guy and also a player with incredible potential that produces right now as well. Tim Duncan was never the best athlete but always produced. It's not always about athleticism in the NBA.

Hornets + Kool-Aid = ??? PyroCross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    1. Andre Drummond
    2. Thomas Robinson
    3. Perry Jones III

Stay the he'll away from Anthony Davis. Not a franchise changer at this point and looks to be YEARS away from becoming one, if ever.
    I agree with the 1/2 here.

Getting Drummond and Robinson would be a highly competitive frontcourt with two players who complement each other well. We need to get Drummond - looking like a beast already - but its finding the right complement, someone who actually has an offensive game. So scratch Davis from that list. Sullinger's a little short for the 4, and has a better college game than NBA game. Robinson has the length, intangibles, athleticism and offensive prowess to combo with Drummond, Pondexter and Aminu in a young, scary frontcourt.

Barnes doesn't have enough superstar in him to be considered as well, whilst it'd be a reach to get a PG in this draft, like Kendall Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    i stick by what i said.. ive me Davis, then Kidd Gilchrist(or Miller) then Marshall for a very young, potential laden 1 to 5. With veterans around. Put all your resources into developing Anthony Davis into a KG type player. Remember, KG entered the NBA with the same skill set and body - REALLY REALLY thin with a high motor, coordination and great basketball and defensive instincts.

Kidd Gilchrist can become a lock down defender and a great complement to Eric Gordon. I think he has the tools to become a TayShaun Prince type - glue guy, can score when needed and can defend 1-2-3s.

Marshall can be our distributor. Has the CP3 passing in his blood. Not a scorer by any account (can't score a lick). but one thing you know is he'll defend and he'll run your team the way you want to - efficient and few turnovers.
    I agree completely with this analysis, and that's why I'm so high on Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist. I think you've really got to look closely at the motor/passion of these guys, especially if you are looking to build a team around them. Did anybody else see Davis on espn last night? I know it was against an inferior opponent (Samford), but the kid goes for 9 REB, 3 STL, and 5 BLK. And remember that his body is new to him, having grown about 6 inches in the last year and a half. When I watch him I see a little of Kevin Garnett and a little of Marcus Camby.

Thread Information