Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It'll be nice just having a big man who'll attack the glass with gusto again.

It's all about the physical. Man, someone needs to pay off some Charlotte doctors...

This trade doesn't make any sense

Okafor is committed to a 5 year, 65 million contract, while Chandler has 2 years and 24 million. I thought the whole reasoning for want to dump Chandler was to save money. I really don't see how paying 38 million over the next 3 years is saving money.

The only way this trade would even be remotely possible is if we throw in Posey or Peterson while Charlotte adds someone like Raja Bell or Vladmir Radmanovic

Well he would be much better for sure...
    We just need an other big guy of the bench, a 7'0 ft shoot block would be nice. We don't need a low post player since we can have West and Okafor. Johan preto for exemple would be nice...

And LOL at the thought of Charlotte sending over Gerald Wallace too. Don't get your hopes up peope

I still have to wonder what else is involved. For the Bobcats, I just don't get it.
    Cats don't feel comfortable on bicycles.... no matter how much duct tape you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo

Okafor is committed to a 5 year, 65 million contract, while Chandler has 2 years and 24 million. I thought the whole reasoning for want to dump Chandler was to save money. I really don't see how paying 38 million over the next 3 years is saving money.

The only way this trade would even be remotely possible is if we throw in Posey or Peterson while Charlotte adds someone like Raja Bell or Vladmir Radmanovic
    they are willing to pay a player a large amount of money for that player to play and contribute not be hurt half the year

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defuz
    I still have to wonder what else is involved. For the Bobcats, I just don't get it.
    Shhhh. Not too loud.

I REALLY hope the several months between physicals makes a difference. Cuz hearing that this trade went caput is an egg I don't think I can swallow.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Two potential catches here:

1.) Chandler fails the physical

2.) We offered up some valuable pieces for Okafor, more than being reported.

That's all I can think of at this moment.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

But the team will be in cap hell for the next 5 years. There's no way their just going to straight up swap players. Some other incentive or players must be involved

This trade is just mind boggling

Quote Originally Posted by NIH

Aside from something downright insane like CP3, only valuable piece I can imagine is trading one of our rookies or David West.

I'm thinkin' we're offering a 1st round pick as well.

Edit: I guess you could say JuJu counts as valuable too.

Gaagagagagaga I cannot stop stuttering...I called my dad whose a Bobcats fan...he wasn't too happy!!!!! Geaux Hornets!!!!! I'm ready for NBA 2K10!!!!!

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar

Shut up and enjoy the glee.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar

Only thing about number two is that any of our "valuable" peices would add significant salary to the deal and would require something greater back from CHA. Unless it was one of the rooks.

Charlotte has some contracts to throw in if that's the case.

Hornets/Bobcat trade not expected to be completed until Tuesday.

Didn't know if I should put this update here or in existing thread. Sorry if I goofed. It's an update on the CBSSportsline version of the trade story:

...The swap of 26-year-old centers wasn't expected to be completed until Tuesday and was unlikely to include other players, the people said on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11991413

if we were offering David West, he would be the headliner. I can only imagine Wright being a valuable guy leaving. This is going to be the most anxious physical ever

If this turns out to be true, and Chandler fails another physical, I'm going to be one angry ****** ******.

I thought the whole reasoning for want to dump Chandler was to save money. I really don't see how paying 38 million over the next 3 years is saving money.
    No..people ran with the story that trading Chandler was a salary dump. We tried trading Chandler because he's an injured player who is not very good any more. The trade was to MAKE US BETTER. Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox combined would have blown away having Chandler. Forget salaries...

To get ANYBODY for Chandler would be huge. To get Okafor?! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend
    FWIW, Jim Henderson stated on the 5:00 news that his sources state the deal is done.
    His word is gold..this is done.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

key words: wasn't expected.

Louisiana True    Contributor   

I think #2 is more likely... but the way I've seen the deal reported is just a straight swap: big man for big man. So "valuable pieces... more than being reported" could be something as little as "Antonio Daniels + Devin Brown." And I'm sure most people would be fine with that, haha. That's what I'm hoping the scenario is, because that would give us some immediate relief with salaries, too.

If it's just Chandler for Okafor, I'll be extremely excited for the season (think... about as excited as everyone was right before the 08-09 season). If it's Chandler + pieces for Okafor, I'm positive I can live with it... however it might shake down. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing this deal be completed tonight.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

i never realized they were the same age. I keep thinking Okafor is 3 or 4 years younger

key words: wasn't expected.
    x2

Okafor gives you an inside presence on both ends of the court. Defensively, he's always been a solid shot-blocker which will be nice. Am I at least more hopeful for next season if this deal goes through? Sure. Do I think we can hang with LAL? Hell no.

Thread Information