Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

I can name 10 centers I take over tc

1)Howard
    2)Oden
    3) Camby
    4) Biedrins
    5) Okafor
    6)O'Neil
    7) Dalambert (same stats, one stays healthy)
    8) Bynum
    9) Hilario
    10) Sheed Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    our attendance will drop because tc was such a draw....come on people, he wasn't the face of this franchise, and he wasn't the 2nd best player.

I think there be more to this trade, Has to be.

Maybe not the 2nd best player but still very usefull. I'm really curious to see which center we are going to get his summer with only the MLE to get him, if that doesn't land us in luxury tax territory of course!

All-Star
    It's all Poseys fault.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    3 big men....2 who will be gone after this season and the other is useless. Short term fix to a long term problem.
    That about sums it up....

The Franchise
    No surpise here......the writing was on the wall. I've never heard of many players being out 6 weeks for an ankle so I knew management was not happy with him. He was a good center but let's not fool ourselves into believing he was a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Okay calm down people. We are getting 3 big men for the price of one average big man. Tc is grossly overrated on this board. On top of that we get 2 expiring contracts. Tc was not a threat on offense and he wasn't much of a defensive presence. Trust tc piggy back off chris Paul for most of his points. Now we are getting to big men who can score and finish in the post. It's hilton time to step up. I have no problems with this trade. Goodbye tc
    So your OK with no center after the remainder of this season? Smith and Wilcox will be FAs and Hardin was a throw in. Was he ever even signed?

Why can't Hilton be the answer? How long did it take tyson to become something? Hilton is only in his 3rd year. If your going to say TC had a world of potential after 8 seasons you need to give the same amount to Hilton.

I like Hilt.

Quit jocking Shinn.

We just landed two above avg. bigs for the price of one good big. we have depth now, and that is something we all knew we needed.
    Your posts are lacking in quality, my friend.

Not only are your talent evaluations way off here, do you not comprehend that the "two above average bigs" will both be gone in 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    I think there be more to this trade, Has to be.

You are right. There should be.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    No surpise here......the writing was on the wall. I've never heard of many players being out 6 weeks for an ankle so I knew management was happy with him. He was a good center but let's not fool ourselves into believing he was a great one.

like i said, i wonder how the ankle feels now?

1)Howard
    2)Oden
    3) Camby
    4) Biedrins
    5) Okafor
    6)O'Neil
    8) Bynum
    9) Hilario
    10) Sheed Wallace
    Well not exactly centres

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Although this trade stinks, here is the interesting thing:

How good will TC be without Paul?

How good will Wilcox look w/ Paul and w/ playing time and motivation for a new contract? Hmmmm.....

Trading Chandler was not really the issue here. The problem here is that we don't get a 1st pick in return... even a protected 1st round pick would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    Your posts are lacking in quality, my friend.

Not only are your talent evaluations way off here, do you not comprehend that the "two above average bigs" will both be gone in 2 months?

I am not the one with the guy dunking on my team.

Why can't Hilton be the answer?.
    because he sucks

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I guess this gives me something to look forward to about the OKC game in March.. This still doesn't make sense.

1)Howard
    2)Oden
    3) Camby
    4) Biedrins
    5) Okafor
    6)O'Neil
    8) Bynum
    9) Hilario
    10) Sheed Wallace
    OK, can you get any of them for Chandler's salary? And Dalembert and Chandler have missed about the same # of games the last 5 years (with almost all of Chandler's coming this season).

Hilton can't be the answer because after 3 years he is showing more than just promise...he is showing results?

This move shouldn't be shocking, or considered bad if you know the cap dealings.

I think we got fair market value for a guy who in 8 years had 2 good years. Lets see how he does without cp3.

Guys, just remember, we've played some of our best games against the top WC teams without Chandler in the lineup.

At the Hornets' Tuesday morning shootaround in Oklahoma City, West told the New Orleans Times Picayune that he was hoping his team would resist the trade interest in Chandler.

"I don't know if that's somebody we can afford to lose,'' West told the newspaper. "So I'm not sold on that idea. You just don't find a 7-foot-1 athlete like that and he's the only 7-footer we have. Especially if we're planning on making a run into the playoffs, we're going to need size to compete with Portland, San Antonio and the Lakers. I'm not sure that would help us.''

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    Trading Chandler was not really the issue here. The problem here is that we don't get a 1st pick in return... even a protected 1st round pick would have been fine.
    True, I mean they only have 5(in the next two drafts)!
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Although this trade stinks, here is the interesting thing:

How good will TC be without Paul?

How good will Wilcox look w/ Paul and w/ playing time and motivation for a new contract? Hmmmm.....
    It doesn't matter how much of his success was due to Paul, the fact of the matter is he was successful with this team and he played a big role in our success. Trading him and getting no quality picks or players who would remain with the team after the season is a huge blow to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    OK, can you get any of them for Chandler's salary? And Dalembert and Chandler have missed about the same # of games the last 5 years (with almost all of Chandler's coming this season).

4 of the 10 yes.

Thread Information