Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

We got Posey because we wanted to win this year, now we're trading TC away for practically nothing. Wow, they just can't make up their minds can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Truth...Shinn was not prepared to be cheap, but Bower and Scott forced his hand really.
    how did a GM and coach make the owner cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet
    confirmed on nola.com now.

trade is official

no 1st rounders
    that's pathetic! we were fleeced by YHT!

We lose Tyson to OKC thats the worst.

Attendance down for us up for them.
    Hope down for us up for them.
    I really can't stand OKC

This move had to be done. Alot of people don't understand basketball on or off the court. TC salary was not even close to his production value on the court. He is overrated by many on this board. I'm glad the hornets made this move. It was best for the franchise. This reminds me of the day baron Davis was traded.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Bowers needs to be traded!

that about sums it up

[QUOTE=Alg_Hornet]This move had to be done. Alot of people don't understand basketball on or off the court. TC salary was not even close to his production value on the court[QUOTE]
    you're talking about posey and peja, not chandler

Tyson was the rock this team was built around. How could we trade him?

Seriously guys, if that is how you were viewing tc, what are cp and dx to you?

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks
    i don't think he put the checkbook ahead in the offseason. he was told by Bower and Scott that we were only Posey away from a title. that was the mistake, and now they're having to fix it. this should be blamed on Bower and Scott!
    Shinn sold our first round pick

Lowballed Pargo

Look at our salary for next year. If the salary cap would have went up, we would be fine, the fact that the cap may go down next year is what kills us.

Shinn flat out told season ticket holders at the lunch 2 weeks ago that we were playing to win, that he was in better financial shape than ever before, and that he would never again acquire guys with criminal records or bad apples.

So we trade a fairly paid, great human being of a young Center for 3 scrubs (one of which was arrested on a weapons charge last year) and get no picks in return.

This is a slap in the face to all 11,000+ full season ticket holders who stepped up to the plate. They better have something else planned because the Hornets streetcar just derailed.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    how did a GM and coach make the owner cheap?
    Yeah...i didnt really read before I posted that.

Shinn opened the checkbook thinking that it would be for a championship-caliber team. Turns out the evaluation of our team was pretty off, now Shinn doesn't wanna deal with the luxury tax if its not gonna give us a championship. Just poor management all around

please tell me we got a draft pick at least ? some cash?

All-Star
    It's on nola.com also: http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/200...rnets_clo.html

This SUCKS, big time!! Oh well, so much for this year. I think the Hornets owe the fans an explanation on how they plan to address the hole in the middle that just got formed with this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    They ain't giving up a top 5 pick for Chandler. A one dimensional player? You're dreaming.
    I ain't dreaming, they could have tossed in Butler or Wright(plus our 1st rounder) and possibly snatched up that pick. Secondly, we better be getting the Nuggets or Spurs 2009 first rounder, because quite frankly that's what we were all lead to believe, and I mean how the hell does a trade get downgraded at the last minute anyway? Did we fold and show our desperation card? ****!

If we had two first rounders we could package them to move up in the draft... Think we could offer something like Butler or J.Wright our 1st rounder and either the Nuggets or Spurs first rounder to move up into the top 10 or top 5 and snag one of this years top big men.

And quite frankly I don't give a **** if Byron doesn't like playing rookies, I'm sick of his fickle bull**** all the time with young guys, and his rotations, and all that. I think he has already started to wear out his welcome in N.O. and if he doesn't adjust and get with the program, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of a job before his contract is up.
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    This is a money dump, plain and simple. I'm not calling Shinn cheap, but I am not saying he is Mark Cuban either. He put the checkbook ahead of winning a title in the offseason, and because of concerns that the salary cap is going down he is making another decision that puts the checkbook ahead of winning a chip.
    The salary cap is not going up next year - NBA projections are at best stagnant, so the cap will at best stay the same and most likely go down, meaning we're further over the luxury tax threshold than thought. None of this means the team won't spend in the offseason. All this means is that the team thought Tyson wasn't worth his contract - he hasn't been the same player this season as last, maybe he peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Truth...Shinn was not prepared to be cheap, but Bower and Scott forced his hand really.

You are correct. Shinn has nothing to do with the bad moves, he hired people to take care of this and they ruined him.

this is awful nothing in return?

I can not believe that we didn't at least switched first round picks....

*The Original Get Buzzin* GetBuzzin's Avatar

History Will Repeat Itself

Remember Larry Johnson, Glenn Rice, and Alonzo Morning dumped to save money! Well, history starts to repeat itself with Tyson Chandler being shipped out.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    This move had to be done. Alot of people don't understand basketball on or off the court. TC salary was not even close to his production value on the court. He is overrated by many on this board. I'm glad the hornets made this move. It was best for the franchise. This reminds me of the day baron Davis was traded.
    Baron was a head case. Tyson is not.

Quit jocking Shinn.

We just landed two above avg. bigs for the price of one good big. we have depth now, and that is something we all knew we needed.

2.5 left. CP3.....BOTTOM!!!
    Goodbye Crescent City Connection
    I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
    -Mitch Hedberg(R.I.P.)

"Still here dancing with the Googrux King, we'll be drinking Big Whiskey while we dance and sing..."
    -R.I.P. LeRoi Moore(1961-2008)

See all you guys at the game tonight, Im going crawl in a hole

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Someone get's it.

Thread Information