Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Yeah, the no first rounder is mind-boggling...

Are you kidding me?

I love Tyson Chandler, man..

It is going to be REALLY hard to get a true Center.

I am mad, sorry for the language, EDIT.

Quality bigs are hard to find in the NBA. It takes a lot of luck to find one. We had 1 and now we're back to square 1.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    CP3> Westbrook
    Butler Peja< Durant
    DX>anyone on that team
    our center position > than tc.
    Durant > anyone not named cp3. by far

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    You are wrong. The big difference with Baron was that we were rebuilding. We were "sold" that we were a competitor, but I guess that only lasted for 50 games. So much for "commitment" by this organization.
    Exactly.

This is the beginning of a long fade into mediocrity. You do not release a talented 26 year old center for a salary dump on an elite NBA Team. Chandler had a lot more value than this.

This is the type of move that a losing team, not a winning team makes. Teams like Memphis and Sacramento make these types of moves.

I'm extremely disappointed in this organization, not just because we got rid of chandler, but for the extreme lack of compensation.

What I don't understand is how they didn't see that coming. If our team has no financial problem as some of our wisest posters are saying, then what is that all about? Didn't they realize when then signed Posey that we would have to pay the luxury tax near? I means if they didn't then we must really have some of the biggest dummies ever in our Front Office. And if it's not about that luxury tax, then what has changed between then and now that forces us to give up on the season without giving it a real shot? Chandler play has decreased this year, nobody denies that but he is not the only one, you can argue that West (rebound?), Peja (ppg?), JuJu (everything it seems?) aren't at the top of their game this year, so why trading him when he plays one of the most difficult positions to fill with a potent player. I just really hate that trade right now. Hopefully Wilcox will be a great match and he's going to make me eat my crown real soon.

tyson was a quality big, but he wasnt' top 10, and we just landed two bigs that can make up for his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    In actuality, this means we will be BIG TIME PLAYERS in the 2010 free agency.
    no we'll still be over the cap

CP3, West, and Peja are all on the books for about $40M. the Cap will be around $55M. if we had NOBODY else on the roster, we could sign a max FA

Say What, I'm not saying that we will not spend in the off-season. In actuality, this means we will be BIG TIME PLAYERS in the 2010 free agency. I just think that this move is a salary dump right now. TC is not playing any worse than when he first came here. How can you NOW say he is not living up to his contract?
    Reb 11, 8, 9
    Ppg 11, 8, 8
    Until Peja is off the books...we are gonna be limited! Not "Big Time Players"

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    Durant > anyone not named cp3. by far

I still like our team over the thunder.

tyson was a quality big, but he wasnt' top 10, and we just landed two bigs that can make up for his departure.
    in terms of centers, he likely was top 10 (even with his weak effort this year)

and we got 0 centers in return

Chandler is easily a top 10 center. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

I think we are just in shock, things will get beack to normal soon

our attendance will drop because tc was such a draw....come on people, he wasn't the face of this franchise, and he wasn't the 2nd best player.

For how long? Both are FAs after the season. What do we do then? Armstrong is certainly not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    We got nothing, and we are strapped until Peja is off the books.

Anyone saying that we are gonna spend in the offseason or that this gives us flexibility is just kidding themselves. This is just trying to make up for a string of bad management decisions (Posey, Bonzi/Mike James, selling draft pick)....and now we have to sacrifice Tyson for that..
    2009 64.6mil
    2010 51.9mil

We WILL be players in the getting Wade or Bosh in the summer of 2010

Okay calm down people. We are getting 3 big men for the price of one average big man. Tc is grossly overrated on this board. On top of that we get 2 expiring contracts. Tc was not a threat on offense and he wasn't much of a defensive presence. Trust tc piggy back off chris Paul for most of his points. Now we are getting to big men who can score and finish in the post. It's hilton time to step up. I have no problems with this trade. Goodbye tc
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    For how long? Both are FAs after the season. What do we do then? Armstrong is certainly not the answer.
    Armstrong/Bowen/Marks...

2009 64.6mil
    2010 51.9mil

We WILL be players in the getting Wade or Bosh in the summer of 2010
    no, we won't

we will be at/above the cap, even with daniels/butler's deals coming off teh books

again, peja, cp3, and west alone make about $40M

our attendance will drop because tc was such a draw....come on people, he wasn't the face of this franchise, and he wasn't the 2nd best player.
    Not that he was a draw (although the fans do like him ALOT), but the concern that the team is not as committed as they said when they told us they had a great core of Paul, West and Chandler for many years.

I still like our team over the thunder.
    If the NBA season started today the Thunder would be slotted to finish 4th or 5th in the west and the Hornets would probably be anywhere from 7th-9th.

This is a horrible move.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    no first rounder, wow

3 big men....2 who will be gone after this season and the other is useless. Short term fix to a long term problem.

Looking back to the Future BayouBaller23's Avatar
    @#$%@#^%$@^ WTF IS GOING ON TODAY? THE SAINTS DUMP DEUCE AND WE GIVE AWAY TC ?

Thread Information