Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Breaking News Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets

http://www.newsok.com/thunder-acquir...=breaking_news
    The Thunder has acquired center Tyson Chandler from New Orleans in exchange for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, according to a league source with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Thunder will also include the draft rights to Devon Hardin, the 50th overall pick in the 2008 draft.

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/200...rnets_clo.html
    The New Orleans Hornets have traded starting center Tyson Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder for two big men with expiring contracts and another player, a league source told The Times-Picayune on Tuesday.

Chandler, who has missed 12 consecutive games with a sprained ankle, has been a key member of the Hornets since was obtained in a trade with the Chicago Bulls in July 2006. He was the team's main defensive enforcer and combined with star guard Chris Paul to form a highly effective alley-oop combo dubbed the Crescent City Connection.

The Hornets will be getting centers Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith from the Thunder. The Thunder will also include the draft rights to Devon Hardin, the 50th overall pick in the 2008 draft.

awfull trade....really might not renew next year...Im sure CP3 loves this
    Bringing it back to the bottom of the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Theater
    My question is, if the OKC newspaper is correct, why are we taking Devon Hardin instead of a draft pick?
    I know, right?

No offense to Devon Hardin, but WTF?! They better be getting one of those 1st rounders.
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

This is a money dump, plain and simple. I'm not calling Shinn cheap, but I am not saying he is Mark Cuban either. He put the checkbook ahead of winning a title in the offseason, and because of concerns that the salary cap is going down he is making another decision that puts the checkbook ahead of winning a chip.

first news of deuces release this morning

now

chandler traded.

its a sad day in new orleans sports....

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Posey deal killed us really.

Move had to be done.

There better be a first rounder included in this deal...

Sad it came down to $$$$

No offense to Devon Hardin, but WTF?! They better be getting one of those 1st rounders. [/QUOTE]

They ain't giving up a top 5 pick for Chandler. A one dimensional player? You're dreaming.

We better get a 1st or this trade is a wash. Even I admit that we are getting hosed if we don't land a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezwax
    awfull trade....really might not renew next year...Im sure CP3 loves this
    the bandwagon has officially de-railed

this trade is going to kill it and most of the good will that was accumulated last year

first rounders? b scott hates rookies....like it matters who we draft.

REMEMBER FOLKS...THIS IS STILL A JOKLAHOMA NEWSPAPER.

this really grinds my gears!!!

2.5 left. CP3.....BOTTOM!!!
    So, How bout them Zephyrs?
    I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
    -Mitch Hedberg(R.I.P.)

"Still here dancing with the Googrux King, we'll be drinking Big Whiskey while we dance and sing..."
    -R.I.P. LeRoi Moore(1961-2008)

still nothing confirmed on espn

Long off season Contributor killah's Avatar
    Shinn probably took it hard on the chin with the recession. Some owners can't play with the luxury tax. Tyson was a good player for the Hornets but his game might have peaked during his time with CP3. Time will tell though. The Thunder get a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    This is a money dump, plain and simple. I'm not calling Shinn cheap, but I am not saying he is Mark Cuban either. He put the checkbook ahead of winning a title in the offseason, and because of concerns that the salary cap is going down he is making another decision that puts the checkbook ahead of winning a chip.
    i don't think he put the checkbook ahead in the offseason. he was told by Bower and Scott that we were only Posey away from a title. that was the mistake, and now they're having to fix it. this should be blamed on Bower and Scott!

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    Shinn would sell the pick anyway. So instead of getting the fans' hopes up, they just took Devon Hardin instead.

OMG! We basically got nothing in return. Awful... Just awful!

If this is true I can see attendance droppping again.

confirmed on nola.com now.

trade is official

no 1st rounders

Same report from the T-P

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/200...rnets_clo.html
    The New Orleans Hornets have traded starting center Tyson Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder for two big men with expiring contracts and another player, a league source told The Times-Picayune on Tuesday.

Chandler, who has missed 12 consecutive games with a sprained ankle, has been a key member of the Hornets since was obtained in a trade with the Chicago Bulls in July 2006. He was the team's main defensive enforcer and combined with star guard Chris Paul to form a highly effective alley-oop combo dubbed the Crescent City Connection.

The Hornets will be getting centers Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith from the Thunder. The Thunder will also include the draft rights to Devon Hardin, the 50th overall pick in the 2008 draft.

We need to get a 1st rounder or no deal. This is still speculation right?

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks
    i don't think he put the checkbook ahead in the offseason. he was told by Bower and Scott that we were only Posey away from a title. that was the mistake, and now they're having to fix it. this should be blamed on Bower and Scott!
    Truth...Shinn was not prepared to be cheap, but Bower and Scott forced his hand really.

Thread Information