Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I hate people like him. I really dont see what he gets out of this

He got just what he wanted a reaciton from the rest of the Posters. I say look at this post as away to have some fun unitl we really have something to chat about.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Fellas, I strongly suggest everyone calm down and let things work out. Who knows. No1Hornet may be right.

I too am looking forward to the first.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23
    I hate people like him. I really dont see what he gets out of this
    Maybe, in his own way, No1Hornet is trying to tell us something.......something gooood !

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    While I absolutely cannot give any information about my source and I cannot reveal the specific player or players involved, trust me when I say that the Hornets are about to sign or trade for an all-star NBA player. They are also going to be involved in a multiplayer trade in the near future. As far as tonight's NBA Draft goes, look for them to go big. However, if Reddick falls to 12 or 15, don't be surprised if we take him. I cannot speculate on anything else other than this is going to be an absolutely AWESOME offseason with tremendous player turnover and excitement. I said trust me and when these things happen (very soon...very soon), I'll say I told you so. I hope that thread starts a craze of speculation but I'm certain that when the deals are done, we will have a lot to look forward to for next season. Can't wait to see how tonight turns out but tonight might not be the night that the "big move" happens.
    Some of us here already know what you are talking about. I know what you are talking about. I will say this. No deal is done. People a re talking. There could be a very big name landed here in short order, but nothing is set. It is the FA/draft period. Lots of deception and posturing occurs. Everyone needs to remember that.

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    Are you from the future?
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

It wasn't hard to figure out our picks tonight. Look at our needs and look what was available. Also u nderstand that PJ is likely to be moved between now (7/1) and the trade deadline. Where's the weakness? The frontline. The team got more athletic on the line. Obviously we have a gaping hole at the 5 and have had since JMags left. This i s not a surprise. What could surprise people are some other moves that may occur over the next 2 weeks or so, which includes trades and FA stuff. Remember, the Hornets have lots of cap room after dumping BD's and Mash's salary.

Let's not attack another member. I realize that when someone doesn't substantiate stuff, then it is easy to pick on that person, but think about what is happening, what could happen, what our needs are, and who is out there on the FA market.

He sounds a lot like the guy fleshed out on the SR.com, prior to NFL draft. He was predicting a jets trade.... then not...somebody id'd him as that previous capologist Terry o'neil..somebody else ck it out on sr.com archives...if you want to know more...

btw, I like the two bigs but dont see much left in the way of shooters who can do any anything else...but what about Milsaps?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

there goes tucker...mucho brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose
    He sounds a lot like the guy fleshed out on the SR.com, prior to NFL draft. He was predicting a jets trade.... then not...somebody id'd him as that previous capologist Terry o'neil..somebody else ck it out on sr.com archives...if you want to know more...

btw, I like the two bigs but dont see much left in the way of shooters who can do any anything else...but what about Milsaps?
    Ah, good ole Bongo..................

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    No thanks.

We'll be back!!!
    Marcus Vinicius is our second rounder. 6-9 Forward from Brazil. Nice athelete, runs like a 6-3 guard, and has a nice jumper.

All-Star
    He sounds a lot like the guy fleshed out on the SR.com, prior to NFL draft.
    I like........that analogy.........Mr. Bongo........was full of........it.

Free Agency wise, I don't think it makes much sense to go big, unless you do trade PJ. (Marc Jackson is around for another year right?)

The only FA who makes real sense to me is Bonzi Wells -- and that is taking a chance on a guy who has trouble fitting in elsewhere. And I don't want to break the bank on that guy in any sense. Harrington is a 4 in a 3's body, who doesn't fit the fast paced plan. Radmanovic can be an impact bench guy, but he isn't the go to wing scorer they need.

PJ should be good trade bait. He's still playing well. Great presence on the team, and 8 mil off your salary cap. Add in JR and you have a fairly attractive package to a team looking to go in a different direction on a big contract.

I'd be surprised if we go for a big in free agency.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar

i'll shed some light on what WCH,Grand Admiral and Co. are refering to

scott is really really high on John Doe, thats the secret

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Lebron and DWade to be in Hornets uniforms soon. Stay tuned.

NO1Hornet, please check your PMs. Thanks.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    The thread starter is on to something.

We'll get that shooter we are looking for!

I still expect PJ and JR to be dealt. We'll probably get something nice in return for them when it happens. Though the Hornets went big tonight, you can't expect rookies to start. Along with a shooter, I'd like to see a couple of vetern bigs added.

As for July 1 and July 12, sounds good to me. I heard July 2 and July 14. Oh well, close enough.

Simply Jif, Simply Sucks
    wait whoever started this thread, why cant you tell us? its not like this is government and someone will get killed or cia, this is sports. sports are pure entertainment. just tell us, this isnt anything that would ruin your career.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan291
    wait whoever started this thread, why cant you tell us? its not like this is government and someone will get killed or cia, this is sports. sports are pure entertainment. just tell us, this isnt anything that would ruin your career.
    But a leak could damage his relationship with his contacts. We will know soon enough.

Admin note: please don't challenge the thread-starter personally anymore. The post will sink or swim on it's own merit. Draw your own conclusion from there.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming...

i dont understand all this insider mumbo jumbo talk

i just wait till July 1st

Thread Information