Pelicans Report

Thread: From David Aldridge's chat today....

From David Aldridge's chat today....

Ronnie (sc): David do you think there is any way that the hornets will stay in charlotte. If not do you see a team ever coming to charlotte again.

David Aldridge: (1:18 PM ET ) Ronnie, I keep saying that this is not a done deal to New Orleans. Owners are very wary of leaving such a good market (Charlotte) for one that is not only smaller TV wise, but already has another major sports team in town in the Saints. It wouldn't surprise me if a local buyer emerges at the 11th hour with an offer for Shinn and Woolridge that will be hard for them to turn down.

I like D.A. a lot, but I think he is wrong...
    the Legend has spoken!

Aldridge is the same guy that was adamant that Jordan wasn't coming back saying he was close with Jordan and he is absolutely not coming back. I don't put too much value into his opinions.

Banned
    I guess that since the NBA is not in Buffalo any more, Aldridge has completely forgotten about that city. Although its market is smaller than that of New Orleans, somehow it MIRACULOUSLY manages to support both the NFL Bills and the NHL Sabres.

Banned

Even Dr. Jack Ramsay faces the facts

This was taken from his weekly NBA chat session on ESPN - now on Tuesdays:

Ahad Khan, Mooresville, NC: Do you think the Hornets still have a chance to stay in Charlotte? Also, is it true that the Orlando Magic are for sale? Somebody on NBC said they might even come to Charlotte, do you think that's possible?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: (4:13 PM ET ) I think the Hornets stay in Charlotte...but there aren't many who share my belief. The City will come up with some deal to help sponsor the building of a new arena there. The Magic is up for sale...but it will stay in Orlando.

Thread Information