Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinn puts foot in mouth again (Times Picayune Story)

Ultimate Hornet fan Contributor acemic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Sure somethigs up. More to come...

Now wave to our new visitors!
    when is it to come. Soon maybe????? I perfer this one but here u go

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    HH...just wanna let you know its good to have you on our side.

Stuff Like this is going to kill the ticket sales. I quess I cant blame people hearing stuff like this makes you lose faith. How can he say he wants the All Star game in OKC do you know how lame that would be. New Orleans will be a great site for the all star and when New Orleans rebounds I can guarantee you that more NBA star would rather come to New Orleans than OKC. OKC .. all star game is that an oximoron ha ha.

Guys, I'd love to say an AWFUL lot right now, but I'm going to keep quiet a day or two more (at most). I've been biting my tongue for a few days now...

I have a feeling a lot more will be exposed. I'll wait to see what the media reports before I share my thoughts.

While Shinn has maintained and preached that it's his honest desire is to return to New Orleans, he's been duping people. He's a bold faced liar. I've maintained that the Hornets will return and they will. BUT, it's not for the reasons I initially thought. More to come. Stay tuned!

How are you guys going to feel about taking Shinn back under similar circumstances that we had to take Benson?

Not good

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acemic
    Not good
    Lets not forget the emails too folks!

Anyone want to bet the Hornets start some kind of stupid damage control in fear of the oncoming shytstorm?

True 'nuff HH.

While this may seem bad (and it is bad), it doesn't change the fact that despite Shinn's stupid, wishful thinking, he's bound by a lease and compelled by the league to return to NOLA. The Hornets will return in 2007.

The only thing that has changed is that we've seen that Shinn's word is about as good as a 3 dollar bill. He's Benson all over again.

Best way to show Shinn up is to show up in force for the NOLA games. Support the team, not the owner - I learned that the hard way with the Saints.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Best way to show Shinn up is to show up in force for the NOLA games. Support the team, not the owner - I learned that the hard way with the Saints.
    As New Orleans sports fans that is our mantra.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    already used to hating the owner...

Banned
    The only thing that has changed is that we've seen that Shinn's word is about as good as a 3 dollar bill. He's Benson all over again.

You and I both, s-w, you and I both....

You'll get over it CO, I've been doing it for years with the Saints and I don't feel dirty.

I guess the difference is that Shinn always came off as a better person. He might not be a basketball genius, but he did seem like a good decent person. We knew his problems in CLT were real but I assumed he wasn't total trash. Oh well.

New FULL ssn ticket holder! Hornet-Saint's Avatar
    Hi Hornets execs!

hey HH when you take your hog off your sig and replace it with shinns face must be pretty bad.

Remember how Benson responded to Tags when he was told he wouldn't get his way? He did everyting in his power to rile up the people and press in SA to rally to keep the Saints. Same EXACT thing *seems* to be going on now. Lets not forget the ticket scandals Benson and the Saints had for the Louisiana games. Sound familiar. Didn't the Hornets just get a phone number up 2 days ago for a game thats 2 weeks away?

I wonder why our site has had so many new visitors since this past weekend. Everybody wave to our visitors. We're watching you too!

oh yeh almost forgot

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Gosh ol mighty, I had so much fun going through this with the Saints. It's gonna be even better with the Hornets. I can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by COCajun
    You and I both, s-w, you and I both....
    Thanks for removing my quote from your sig, CO. I really felt that Shinn was a man of faith. I can be pretty naive sometimes.

I'm thoroughly dissapointed.

Support the team. I'm trying my best to hang in there. Let's hope this galvanizes the fans. I guess I'm still naive but at least I'm hopeful.

Everybody don't forget to wave to the Hornets execs in your posts!!!

: wavey : (w/o the spaces)

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    I guess the difference is that Shinn always came off as a better person. He might not be a basketball genius, but he did seem like a good decent person. We knew his problems in CLT were real but I assumed he wasn't total trash. Oh well.
    He was laughing at Benson. He was enjoying every minute of it. Know why? It took the spotlight off of him. Now he's managed to screw that up all by himself. Rather than worry about whats being said here, he should worry about silencing himself first.

Now I know why Shinn is wearing those dumb boots. He steps in his own shyt so often...

march 8th i want to see a pre game party outside the arena, the team introduced as your new orleans hornets, yellow uniforms with new orleans on the front, and a pre game speech from shinn with his comittment to return.

no more no less.

GO NEW ORLEANS HORNETS

I was waiting...

for the good Christian, man of faith comment. This guy is far from it, and would be a Muslim if his team was in Saudi Arabia (just as long as he could sell tickets). That being said, there are some good people that are within the Organization still, and I can tell you they are thoroughly confused right now.
    "The Real Roger Dorn, but only from Major League, not the last two."

How are you guys going to feel about taking Shinn back under similar circumstances that we had to take Benson?

as long as they come back I don't care. I love the team not the owner. BTW it almost seems like Shinn it trying to posin the market like benson always does. He doesn't say it directly but says he wants to move and lets it leak out. Just around the time the Hornets are coming to NO for a game. Sounds like he wants to hurt ticket sales and tell the league .. see they can't even sell out 3 games
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

Remember how Benson responded to Tags when he was told he wouldn't get his way? He did everyting in his power to rile up the people and press in SA to rally to keep the Saints. Same EXACT thing *seems* to be going on now. Lets not forget the ticket scandals Benson and the Saints had for the Louisiana games. Sound familiar. Didn't the Hornets just get a phone number up 2 days ago for a game thats 2 weeks away?

I wonder why our site has had so many new visitors since this past weekend. Everybody wave to our visitors. We're watching you too!
    Shinn might not have a free pass to do that with the press, Benson did.

The national press has always ignored Benson, most people didn't know who he was until the hurricane (and he was firmly in SA). Shinn is different, the press hates him and they all beat the hell out of him for leaving CLT (along with his personal problems in CLT).

The national sports media does not love New Orleans when it comes to pro basketball, the very same writers that have written tough articles demanding the Saints stay in NO are also writing the Hornets should relocate to OKC . . . however Shinn is an easy target and I doubt the press will support, help, or further Shinn's actions. You think Benson was made out to be the devil, just wait until the national press gets a hold of this stuff. Stern may not be powerful enough to keep this down, it may not be a story on NBATV but I'm sure FOX, ESPN, etc will have something to say about this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood
    Thanks for removing my quote from your sig, CO. I really felt that Shinn was a man of faith. I can be pretty naive sometimes.

I'm thoroughly dissapointed.

Support the team. I'm trying my best to hang in there. Let's hope this galvanizes the fans. I guess I'm still naive but at least I'm hopeful.
    Not a problem. Of course you know it has nothing to do with you. Hey, I can be naive with the best of 'em too....

Now say something else thoughtfully quoteworthy for a future sig - knowing you, it won't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdorn1
    I was waiting... for the good Christian, man of faith comment. This guy is far from it, and would be a Muslim if his team was in Saudi Arabia (just as long as he could sell tickets). That being said, there are some good people that are within the Organization still, and I can tell you they are thoroughly confused right now.
    You'll note I've since stricken a Shinn/faith quote attributed to an upstanding memver of this board. Man, how I wanted to believe Shinn.

BUT clearly I have been proven wrong.

I agree.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    I thought you were a man of faith Shinn. You lying scumbag. I supported you and stood up for you countless times when CHA fans I ran into bad mouthed you. Guess they were right.

Screw you and your little pizza boy Shinn! Say hi to the wife and mistress for me.

Thread Information