Pelicans Report

Thread: Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!

The Franchise

Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry folks but the Hornets just blew it! Why didn't they trade Magloire
    for the Toronto's 16th pick? They had the opportunity to get Granger or Green! I just don't understand it. The guy like Davis does not want to be here.
    Last edited by dvdman; 06-28-2005 at 08:46 PM.

mid-level exception
    sigh

1) you can't trade picks during the draft
    2) Mags can't be traded for at least 2-3 weeks because he is a Base Year Contract player

If we did make a trade and it was for either and/or the 7 or 16, we really messed this one up.
    Just like getting Speedy for BD and then having to draft another PG.
    Maybe when the arena is empty like Atlanta, they will wake up or move.

you, since trades wont even be announced for a few weeks, I really hope we DIDNT trade with Toronto.

I can see us trading with Indy though

The hornets really wanted Granger, they would not pass him up TWICE. The trade looks to be dead. If we did that trade, then the front office has messed up greatly.

Banned
    we must have traded Mags to Indy

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I really don't think Mags was/or will be traded.

Mags had a sit down with Scott and FO, since then we haven't heard anything about Mags leaving. I assume since we drafted him, he is a BYC player, and he is a starting center . . . there is no reason to trade him for Green or Granger straight up.

Mags could still be traded, but if he was traded today I'm sure we would have heard something about it. ESPN has talked about some trades tonight, not once was Mags mentioned.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Just now ESPN is reporting a possible future deal between DEN and PORTLAND. Once again, no mention of Mags being dealt today or in the future at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    OK you guys are ridiculous. One second you're saying that Magloire is pretty much untradeable (aka every single argument about Mags I've had on this board), and then the next second, you say that we should have traded him for the damn 16th pick.

I want Magloire out more than anyone, but no way I'm desperate enough to trade him without getting the damn 7th pick. No way. They'd be getting off so easily. Especially since the demand for a center is way up, and Toronto wants him even more than any other team. No WAY he gets the 16th pick. He gets at least the 7th. Screw Toronto. How's about we do trades where we DON'T get ripped off?

Who's to say we don't want Joey Graham more than Granger and may have a trade in the works with Tor? Graham graded out as the most athletic player in the draft and would fit our system as well as Granger. It would be nice to get either.
    Did you know that 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions?

Quote Originally Posted by irish thug 527
    OK you guys are ridiculous. One second you're saying that Magloire is pretty much untradeable (aka every single argument about Mags I've had on this board), and then the next second, you say that we should have traded him for the damn 16th pick.

I want Magloire out more than anyone, but no way I'm desperate enough to trade him without getting the damn 7th pick. No way. They'd be getting off so easily. Especially since the demand for a center is way up, and Toronto wants him even more than any other team. No WAY he gets the 16th pick. He gets at least the 7th. Screw Toronto. How's about we do trades where we DON'T get ripped off?
    The point is now moot, but I think you get too caught up in the numbers. Am I understanding you correctly? - If we traded him for the #7 and took Granger, you would be happy, but if we traded him for #16 and took Granger, it was not enough?

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irish thug 527

Damn, we may have to make this post a classic!

Time for some football!!!

Banned
    too bad we didn't know that Granger was still available at #16

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    We still have a chance to get Granger. Don't knock the front office quite yet for missing out on grand opportunities. In about a month, we can start complaining, if need be...
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

Hall of Famer
    Good Centers are too rare to just give him up for an injury proned player who played in a weak conference...

Thread Information