Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pending League Final Rule

Quote Originally Posted by THAJCODE
    If the Warriors draft below us, then we get nothing for that portion of the deal?
    Correct.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scedotal
    We need more the Speedy Claxton. Cap space can't score points or play defense.
    That is what free agency is for. Would you rather a draft pick or a FA. I rather a FA. We will have high enough pick as it is, with this deal we have a better chance at a top 3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk
    Awful trade. With there pick its a good one, without it we should have walked away. So bad.
    It is Bristow making a trade simply to make a trade (the same thing he did to tear the Nuggets apart and get fired).

Agreed, NYKF. The most important thing was unloading BD and ensuring the higher pick. Another pick would have been nice, but I'm really pleased with the moves made today.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    wow... this *****
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    There is no extra player or pick either way. It is simply a swap of positions.
    so, if the warriors reel off some wins and don't get a lottery pick, this swap means absolutely nothing?

Peja for 3!!!!! Bottom!
    Honestly, This is the best deal you can get for someone who has not played half of the season. You have freed up a lot of cap space to make a splash into free agency and sign some of the younger guys we brought in here like DD, CJ, & Boci. Now BD can go B-hurt somewhere else. It will be no different in Golden State than it was here!
    Those type of guys never change!
    We also got rid of Monster Mash & the Hamberglar too! Good Day!

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    That is what free agency is for. Would you rather a draft pick or a FA. I rather a FA. We will have high enough pick as it is, with this deal we have a better chance at a top 3 pick.
    If I'm the Hornets I'd rather have 2 Top 10 (possibly Top 5) picks and have the ability to get a 2 stars, or a superstar+good player etc. than have a chance at signing a second tier FA. No bigname FA is going to want to cme here anyways.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    I have no problem with the pick swap . . . what are we going to do build this team with only draft picks from 2005 draft pool?

To be honest we can't afford to take the risk of having two first round picks, it would be very expensive wasting a roster spots on multiple draft picks. I'll gladly take the higher pick of the two, and get the rest of my roster in FA. Think about it, do you really want two or three draft picks. Most 2nd rounders don't make the team anyway.
    New Orleans trades Baron Davis to the Golden State Warriors for Speedy Claxton...

There's no way to brighten that up NYKF...

The best player on our team traded for Speedy Claxton...a tough pill to swallow
    Boss

Starter
    [QUOTE=Hornfan87]Honestly, This is the best deal you can get for someone who has not played half of the season. QUOTE]

Wrong. You fold and wait for the next hand. You don't settle for nonsense. Unless you can guarantee Shaquille O'Neal or Lebron James wants to play in New Orleans next season.

didnt someone say GS has theire number 1 plus a number one from Dallas?? So they now have Richardson, Baron, young talent and 2 first rounders???? We should have at least gotten Dallas' higher first round pick.

Please tell me that we have 2 1st rd picks. When all is said and done please tell me we have our pick and Golden State's pick.

You have to wonder if this is the same George Shinn who wouldn't package BD to the Lakers for Shaq. Apparently he was determined all along to give BD away for next to nothing.

Best and worst deals of all time: Indians get beads; Whitemen get Manhattan; Napoleaon gets 15 mil; USA gets 1/3rd of the continental United States. Golden State gets Baron Davis; Hornets get pooch-screwed.

BY THE WAY....as of now ESPN's report of the trade doesnt mention any pick swaps...the word draft pick isnt written

Quote Originally Posted by farley003
    Please tell me that we have 2 1st rd picks. When all is said and done please tell me we have our pick and Golden State's pick.
    We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LV Hornet
    BY THE WAY....as of now ESPN's report of the trade doesnt mention any pick swaps...the word draft pick isnt written
    Trust in the V-Man...

So the question is are the hornets trying to rebuild or just trying to save money? Especially with us getting money out of the deal.

Good lord that is a horrible deal. Oh well. I wish BD the best in GS because he will need it. That franchise has been horrible since the Run TMC days were over. As for what it does for this team. I guess it creates cap space. Bristow must have a plan of some sorts so I'll just hope for the best.

they are saving money period. If we would have gotten a #1 draft pick I would say we are trying for the future.
    AKA St. David

I trust the Gerry V

What is it with the Hornets. Can't we get a point guard that's more than 6 foot.

Hall of Famer Contributor CC_Pelican's Avatar
    Props for having the deals reported and repeated again in the local area on 1280.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scedotal
    We need more the Speedy Claxton. Cap space can't score points or play defense.
    Neither can B-Fizzle

They better make a HUGE splash in free agency or that arena will be empty next season. I cannot see season ticket renewal going through the roof with the draw being Smith, Dickau and Magloire.

Quote Originally Posted by CC_Hornet
    Props for having the deals reported and repeated again in the local area on 1280.
    Absolutely. Two thumbs way up!

Thread Information