Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I believe the Hornets will deal Mashburn and Davis...

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar

I believe the Hornets will deal Mashburn and Davis...

The other thread got out of hand and went away. Too much coullion BS...

I won't call it breaking news or even a rumor but I believe the Hornets will deal Mash AND Davis. The Hornets are being aggressive with both deals. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if something happened sooner rather than later. Wouldn't today be nice? Nothing would surprise me.

Things change quickly in the NBA and deals aren't truely done until the ink hits the paper. BUT if I HAD to bet, I'd bet that both will be dealt before the deadline. If not both, definitely one...

Isn't cap space grand?!!!

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    ur the man!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

any word on to who they ge traded or for what. Regardless it's still great news

Are they considering that trade from the Lakers for Caron Butler?

Thanks

I'd be surprised if BD were traded to the Lakers.

what about the other los angeles team? the paperclippers? which team do you most likely see as a possible trade partner for Baron and/ or mash?

Davis could go to a WC team, but I would rather trade him to the EC personally.

Considering the Lakers situation and Clippers ownership, it's hard to see BD (or Mash) in L.A. in any scenario right now.

can u see any specific teams that could offer good trades? or picks? any news on pj?

Can't wait for more news.

We should just give Mashburn to Miami as a jesture of goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Considering the Lakers situation and Clippers ownership, it's hard to see BD (or Mash) in L.A. in any scenario right now.
    GOOD!!!! I don't want to see Baron's antics be rewarded with a trade to a team or city of HIS choosing. Personally I would like to see him get the Steve Francis treatment and be moved to a team/market he absouloutely HATES. Hopefully he gets moved to a small market as FAR from L.A. as possible and we at least get some good cap space.
    In America there is New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans everywhere else is Cleveland. - Mark Twain

francis couldn t be that mad? he's got a good team.... i love dwight howard, hes going to be a superstar, and HES A GREAT GUY CHARACTER WISE!

Francis got a nice city too...sent him to a Kansas City Farm Team

We should do that Indy trade for Tinsly and Artest.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Did you ever get any specifics on to what teams and for who? Im guessing Mash would be to Philly, but I havent heard much about Baron. Did your source ever call and give you details?(Sorry btw I've been gone all day)

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    francis couldn t be that mad? he's got a good team.... i love dwight howard, hes going to be a superstar, and HES A GREAT GUY CHARACTER WISE!
    If I remember correctly (and I think I do) Francis initally refused to report to the Magic. He only did so after he realized how much money he would stand to loose by sitting out and pouting. Then just when he was getting comfortable the Magic traded Mobley (his self claimed "best-friend") to the Queens for Ms. Christie and her husband. I would venture to guess he is less than pleased with playing in Orlando.

What about BD and someone for AI

im talking about dwight howard being a good guy....they have a dangerous team! how can you be mad about that? i hate some athletes today...

The Francis honeymoon in Orlando is over. He missed the first practice back after the All-Star break. He's another Baron, except he plays...

whoever we do end up getting, all i hope for is a player with a team-first mindset. i am willing to sacrifice some talent for good intent. im fed up with all of these me me me players

Quote Originally Posted by the337hornet
    whoever we do end up getting, all i hope for is a player with a team-first mindset. i am willing to sacrifice some talent for good intent. im fed up with all of these me me me players
    That theory sounds good, but I am not sure it will last long. Most are OK with watching a bunch of backups with heart this year because the season was over from the start. However, if this continues for too long, I am not sure too many will want to pay to watch that type of play for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    im talking about dwight howard being a good guy....they have a dangerous team! how can you be mad about that? i hate some athletes today...
    Sorry, I did not clarify as I was talking about Francis and not Howard. Now on to why Francis is/was upset.

#1 Francis (just like BD) believes HE IS the center of the universe and should be consulted regarding everything

#2 From day 1 in the leauge Francis made no seceret of the fact he wanted to be in a big market. Hence him forcing the draft day trade from Vancouver to Houston under threat of sitting out thereby causing them to wast their (the Grizzlies)draft pick.

#3 Along the lines of Francis not being "consulted" on "everything" he was very upset that the Magic traded his best friend Mobley to the Kings.

Just like Baron he could care less about what's good for the team, he thinks only of himself and what he wants. The only real difference between the twi I can see is that Francis has none of the injury/refusal to play issues.

Quote Originally Posted by the337hornet
    whoever we do end up getting, all i hope for is a player with a team-first mindset.
    How do you feel about cap space?

What about P.J., Lynch, and Rodgers?

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I'd be surprised if BD were traded to the Lakers.
    Call me a jerk, I don't really care . . . I just don't want to see BD traded to a contender or large market. I'd like to see him in a real small market, a city with no culture or entertainment choices. Hopefully the team will also be a lottery squad.

How do you feel about cap space?
    Depends. I much rather a player with equal value, but if it has to be cap space then I can live with it. Who knows, we may be able to get some real talent with that cap space. I don't care about picking up another draft pick, let's face it this draft is not going to be deep and we don't need to try the Chicago Bulls plan for rebuilding.

Thread Information