Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bad Trade !!!!!! {merged}

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    I guess maybe it might be too early to pass judgement. I mean he has a bad back. He is paid way too much to not contribute. He is very immature. I take back what I said - lets wait until this whole thing plays out. I mean this season is gone anyway - this is the start of the future. We have a lot of money now - lets see what we do with it. (Ray Allen and Stro???)

Hall of Famer Contributor CC_Pelican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I'm not satisfied, I'm thrilled.
    Me too, the guy only plays in 15 game spurts if you're lucky and he's hurt again. The guy has back issues that WILL NOT go away. This was a good deal for both sides. Time will tell how well BD works out in GS. I'll be watching him.

I agree w/ HH. I think it had to be done. Of coarse I would have liked to get more for him but why would any other team want to give up the house for a broken down immature kid like BD. We did what we had to do. I think we will look back & see that it was a good move.
    "You wore green so you could hide." (Carl Spackler)

No way GS has a higher pick than us with this lineup:
    THEM
    PG. BD, Fisher
    SG. JRich, Pietrus
    SF. Dunleavy, Cheaney
    PF. Murphy
    C. Foyle

US
    PG. Dickau, Claxton
    SG. Smith, Jacobsen
    SF. Nailon, Robinson, Nachbar, Lynch
    PF. P.J., Lampe
    C. Andersen, Maglorie

Harvey...lets be honest here. You would be thrilled if the Hornets traded Baron to the Bobcats for Kareem Rush straight up. You have made your opinion and feelings about Baron very clearly throughout the entire year on every thread you post, regardless of whether it concerned BD or not. I'm not saying that BD hasn't done things in the past (attitude, injury status, etc) to make you and others feel the way you do. But lets put your personal feelings towards him aside and be realistic for just one minute. If you think that this trade is a good trade for the Hornets, then maybe Bristow doesn't have the worst basketball mind in the world. I mean we get to "swap picks" with GS if their's is higher than ours. So let's not forget, if their's isn't higher than ours, we just traded BD for Claxton, Davis, and $500,000. No Dunleavy, Pietrus, or extra lottery pick!!! So please for all of our sake, stop putting up your "Baron is gone and that is all that matters" front, and admit the Hornets just got screwed. J M O though!!!

So should we be able to afford any free agent we want this offseason? A guy who can come in a make a different... btw.. who are the free agents this season? If we can bring a good player then I'll be happy.

After all, Baron wasn't doing us any good not wanting to be here. Sitting out games and what no. Same case as Mashburn, just on a lesser level. Mashburn was my favorite player at first.. BUT.. his talent does us no good sitting on the bench.

I think this is the best move we could have done. So long as we bring in some good talent this offseason. Let Scott get HIS team. He is a very good coach, IMO. But just as is the case with any coach, he needs players that want to work with him and buy into his system to be successful.... and Baron wasn't doing that.

If every team bailed on their stars after a couple injury filled seasons, people like AI, Shaq, VC, Kobe, Kidd, Nash, etc would have been dumped for nothing. However, those teams did not have our front office (until VC met Babcock).

You guys wanted it now you got it, this trade will cripple the franchise.

SWINDLED BY GOLDEN STATE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet1702
    So should we be able to afford any free agent we want this offseason? A guy who can come in a make a different... btw.. who are the free agents this season? If we can bring a good player then I'll be happy.

After all, Baron wasn't doing us any good not wanting to be here. Sitting out games and what no. Same case as Mashburn, just on a lesser level. Mashburn was my favorite player at first.. BUT.. his talent does us no good sitting on the bench.

I think this is the best move we could have done. So long as we bring in some good talent this offseason. Let Scott get HIS team. He is a very good coach, IMO. But just as is the case with any coach, he needs players that want to work with him and buy into his system to be successful.... and Baron wasn't doing that.
    So, he sits out to recover from injuries in an 11-43 year. How much would he have helped anyway?

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    harvey what other offers were on the table???

Quote Originally Posted by Ball-A-Holic329
    Harvey...lets be honest here. You would be thrilled if the Hornets traded Baron to the Bobcats for Kareem Rush straight up. You have made your opinion and feelings about Baron very clearly throughout the entire year on every thread you post, regardless of whether it concerned BD or not. I'm not saying that BD hasn't done things in the past (attitude, injury status, etc) to make you and others feel the way you do. But lets put your personal feelings towards him aside and be realistic for just one minute. If you think that this trade is a good trade for the Hornets, then maybe Bristow doesn't have the worst basketball mind in the world. I mean we get to "swap picks" with GS if their's is higher than ours. So let's not forget, if their's isn't higher than ours, we just traded BD for Claxton, Davis, and $500,000. No Dunleavy, Pietrus, or extra lottery pick!!! So please for all of our sake, stop putting up your "Baron is gone and that is all that matters" front, and admit the Hornets just got screwed. J M O though!!!

i couldnt agree more, unless this was clearly the best offer available by far, which i highly doubt....even if that was the case, then we shoudlve kept on to Baron...JMO

Everywhere you read, GS and other NBA fans cannot believe we traded him and did not get any picks in the deal. Laughing-stock of the NBA. I guess it was meant to happen. New Orleans has to uphold its reputation in the professional sports world.

Quote Originally Posted by scedotal
    With two lottery picks next year, we would have looked attractive to a free agent with the cap space we have, now we will need to overpay for an average player.
    We did not get a pick!

I am happy about the trades, look at the cap space room we will have. The front office shouldn't have any reason in the off season not to get us a top name free agent. I think this is a good move in the long run. My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by staceyaugmonfan
    i agree 100 percent, horrible trade. i was 100 percent against trading him no matter what we got, i think poeple are going to see how bad this team will be without him.....
    Without him? When did we ever have him?

The Hornets just unloaded a physically fragile prima donna with a max contract who didn't want to be here. The moves made the front office are going to set up the club to improve quickly by bringing in FA and draft choices who can run Scott's system.

I love it.

Why does everyone think this trade was so bad? We got rid of a player that has shot horrible from the field over the past two seasons for a "decent" point guard and a big that will be off the books next season.
    BD is not the all-star everyone thinks he is. He is hurt way too often and obviously did not want to be here. By him playing last night we can almost assume that he has been healthy enough to play for the past week or two.

Good riddance BD to your bum back, ankle and overpriced ego and contract!

No way Golden State has a higher pick than us with that lineup. Great move by Mullin! I don't like Baron's attitude more than anyone else, but THIS particular deal by Bristow was ridiculous in my opinion. I would have liked to see Pietrus or another prospect in another deal somewhere else for BD.

Speedy is OK, but you can find a player like him on so many rosters or in the late first round. 5'11 170 pounds is not an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Houma Hornet
    No way GS has a higher pick than us with this lineup:
    THEM
    PG. BD, Fisher
    SG. JRich, Pietrus
    SF. Dunleavy, Cheaney
    PF. Murphy
    C. Foyle

US
    PG. Dickau, Claxton
    SG. Smith, Jacobsen
    SF. Nailon, Robinson, Nachbar, Lynch
    PF. P.J., Lampe
    C. Andersen, Maglorie
    Don't forget we have DALE DAVIS now, watch out league.

All-Star
    Ellessyou, I agree with you 100000% This guy didn't want to be here. And, seems to me that whatever little improvement we had this year happened without BD in there. I like the trade. We couldn't have gotten more for a guy who never plays. It's as simple as that. We will look back on this and we will like it. I promise.

I don't like the deal. We get a alot of cap space but who is going to want to come here?
    The only reason a great player will want to come here is if we offer alot more then just about every other team. Witch most probly means over paying big time. Or trading with some over the cap team who wants to dump a BAD contract . Baron didnt want to be here Big Cat dont wana be here J.Jackson didn't want to play here. Who does?

What did we give away? A max salary guy who never played and caused trouble. We got rid of him. That is good enough for me. He is not an all-star. He is a former all-star.

Quote Originally Posted by Nthshorehornet
    What did we give away? A max salary guy who never played and caused trouble. We got rid of him. That is good enough for me. He is not an all-star. He is a former all-star.
    He is a 2 time all-star and is 25 years old.

The Franchise Contributor rockerhornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet

I'm not satisfied, I'm thrilled.

You guys just don't understand how this is going to eventually work in our favor. Hang around, maybe one day you'll be happy.
    I'm thrilled too. We're really looking towards the future here. Also if there were anything better, we would have done it by now.

provo,ut... like New Orleans....except not as cool.
    he is better than speedy claxton is. also we didnt get a draft pick. so in essence we got money and a backup point guard for an all star who was injured part of the season.

Banned
    you forgot Dale Davis

Thread Information