Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bad Trade !!!!!! {merged}

this trade is garbage

no draft pick? not even the "best of" lottery scenario?

this trade SUCKS!

we essentially traded baron davis for speedy claxton and some cap room.

and that my friends sucks the big one.!!!

injured all the time.

baron was a problem ans ometimes you have to cut your losses while you can.

i honestly do not belive any other team would offer us more than that, every team is afraid to touch baron, with the contract and the injuries, and the kind of plyers he is.

provo,ut... like New Orleans....except not as cool.
    then we should have kept him. this trade does nothing to help. at least with baron we had an all star. money can't guarentee anything!

Without GS first round draft pick this is a stupid trade. We should have held on to him and traded him when he's healthy.

The only way this isn't a bad trade if if BD keeps playing 20 games a year...

...we get to go McDonalds
    I don't care if he's been injured his entire career. This type of trade sets a horrible precedent. We didn't get market value for JJ because he was *****ing and moaning, and now we don't get market value for BD because he was *****ing and moaning.

And since Golden State now has Baron Davis, our pick is going to be ahead of them, thus making the switch in lottery selection useless.

nola proud
    Wish we could've gotten a better deal.........

When news of ESPN.com's report that the Warriors were closing in on Davis circulated around the Arena in Oakland on Wednesday night, Richardson was thrilled.

"I'm on the phone right now,'' he said. "Me and B.D. are good friends. That would be huge for the franchise. He can do a lot of things when he's healthy.''

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THAJCODE
    When news of ESPN.com's report that the Warriors were closing in on Davis circulated around the Arena in Oakland on Wednesday night, Richardson was thrilled.

"I'm on the phone right now,'' he said. "Me and B.D. are good friends. That would be huge for the franchise. He can do a lot of things when he's healthy.''
    We will see how happy Richardson is when his shots per game goes down and BD starts complaining that no one on the Warriors roster is good enough to allow him to really shine.

That is if BD plays enough to make a difference for the Warriors. We will also see how happy he is on a team that has been stuck in the lottery for years. I don't think we have heard the last of BD and his attitude, we just passed our problems over to Golden State. I wonder what their trainer policy is, will BD ever be happy.

Well from an outsider I think the Hornets got screwed. No way in hel_ did the Hornets gets anywhere near value for what they "Gave away". Sure you got loads of cap room once DD takes his AARP money next year and retires but think about it what big name FA will want to come to New Orleans based upon previous history? BD, and the player from Houston (name escapes me?) didn't want to play in New Orelans. Shinn makes out like a bandit. He HAD to sign B. Davis to show some committment to win and sell tickets. He dumped Baron because all he is interested in is money, not winning. He did the same stuff when he was here in Charlotte. See Larry Johnson. Sign to big contract and then a couple years later ship him away for peanuts. Oh well.

Im glad that BD is gone along with his ridiculous antics, ****-poor attitude, excessive injuries........................he had so much potential that he wasted here but now Golden State could potnetially get in BD what NJ got in VC and see the tethered former all-star return to his old form with the change of scenary...........im willing to bet on it.

It was an ok trade........we really should have gotten another 1st rd pick, even lottery protected would've been fine seeming as how they had two this year anyway. This almost seems like a trade to just to make a trade...........All I know with all the cap we get we better sign Allen and Swift this offseason and draft Paul because now the FO has absolutely NO EXCUSES AT ALL to recruit for the team.
    CP3, Armstrong, DX, C-Simm...I have faith in the future!

you're talking about cap space....waht will they do? sign another player for too much. All the big FAs will want maxes, ray allen already demands it, redd will want a ton, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BobcatBacker
    ...HAD to sign B. Davis to show some committment to win and sell tickets. He dumped Baron because all he is interested in is money, not winning. He did the same stuff when he was here in Charlotte. See Larry Johnson. Sign to big contract and then a couple years later ship him away for peanuts. Oh well.
    yeah, yeah .... we know .... shinnridge is evil blah... blah.... blah

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobcatBacker
    Well from an outsider I think the Hornets got screwed. No way in hel_ did the Hornets gets anywhere near value for what they "Gave away". Sure you got loads of cap room once DD takes his AARP money next year and retires but think about it what big name FA will want to come to New Orleans based upon previous history? BD, and the player from Houston (name escapes me?) didn't want to play in New Orelans. Shinn makes out like a bandit. He HAD to sign B. Davis to show some committment to win and sell tickets. He dumped Baron because all he is interested in is money, not winning. He did the same stuff when he was here in Charlotte. See Larry Johnson. Sign to big contract and then a couple years later ship him away for peanuts. Oh well.
    Would you have been willing to give away the Bobcats cap space for BD?

We traded BD because he didn't want to be here and he was an injury risk. Since you are a bobcats fans surely you would have traded away your first round draft pick and any future stars on the roster for BD . . . right?

BD forced this trade more than your opinion of Shinn's cheapness did, if you don't see that then you haven't followed the Hornets very closely this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    Would you have been willing to give away the Bobcats cap space for BD?

We traded BD because he didn't want to be here and he was an injury risk. Since you are a bobcats fans surely you would have traded away your first round draft pick and any future stars on the roster for BD . . . right?

BD forced this trade more than your opinion of Shinn's cheapness did, if you don't see that then you haven't followed the Hornets very closely this season.
    I don't have a problem with them trading away Baron due to his attitude. No. Just they got an old player who's contract is done and a midget PG in return. Heck I would have been happier to trade him for Jalen Rose or something of potential value like a 1st rounder. I don't argue one bit with A trade, just please get ANYTHING of value in return. They essentially gave him away to get out from BDs contract.

As far as the B-Cats cap space. The NBA won't let the new teams have same cap as the established teams. Something like 2/3s what everyone else gets. That and no matter the Bobcats record they can't have the #1 pick until year 3 if I am not mistaken

Some people need to look deeper into this trade. If the demand for BD was so high, then why weren't more teams interested and better players offered? If his back problem continues to plague him the rest of his career, we would be stuck in the same situation we were in with Mashburn because his contract isn't insured. The other side of the coin is that he didn't want to be here. It doesn't matter how many all-stars you have if you don't have team chemistry, and he ruined any chance of that when he asked for a trade this past offseason. We should be happy we have the financial flexibility now that BD and Mash's contracts are off the books so we can make a strong run at some free agents this offseason.
    Did you know that 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions?

Rookie Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime
    I don't care if he's been injured his entire career. This type of trade sets a horrible precedent. We didn't get market value for JJ because he was *****ing and moaning, and now we don't get market value for BD because he was *****ing and moaning.

And since Golden State now has Baron Davis, our pick is going to be ahead of them, thus making the switch in lottery selection useless.
    I'm a BD fan. I didn't mind seeing all the things about the attitude,etc. As much as I didn't want to, I could've lived and went on with a trade. Right now, this ain't goin' to do it.

Clear cap room.....yeah,ok.

We didn't get a number one???? At least to give me some hope that we'll get some kinda star out of the draft. Maybe there's some FA I don't know about yet.

I see the 2-3yr scenario stuff. If this was the NFL, I could go along with that scenario and believe it 'cause dang near EVERY team has a chance.

But the NBA?? This is the NBA. Teams are perennial bottom feeders until they get that one. And then, maybe, you look at'em and say " They probably need one more legitimate, blah, blah,blah, to get to the finals".

Atlanta,Clippers,GS....

Oh well, I guess this FO is somehow different from all the rest. Hope so.

Thread Information