Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bad Trade !!!!!! {merged}

provo,ut... like New Orleans....except not as cool.

Bad Trade !!!!!!

What was the point in this trade? what do we get another backup point guard and money? we don't even get a lottery pick but we swap if theres is higher. what was the point in this? Bad move!

a top 5 pick could be considered the point. thats a great trade. we got NOTHING for mashburn.

With no pick it is a very bad trade.

BD is gone. A lot of money comes off the books after the season. We are assured of getting a fairly high lottery pick.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

bad trade. we were going to have a great pick on our own. we needed golden states first rounder to make this a great trade. right now its just bad.

Is Speedy going to play the point?

Will Davis take over for PJ untill JMags comes back?

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    With two lottery picks next year, we would have looked attractive to a free agent with the cap space we have, now we will need to overpay for an average player.

exactly.

Wasn't it a pick swap, instead of their pick? We must have been able to do better than this?!

You have got to be kidding me!!!

I hope all of you anti-BD people are satisfied. Not only did we give up one of the best PG's in the league for absolutely nothing, we get to "switch picks" with GS if their's is higher than ours...Whoopdie ****in Doo!!! Oh but wait, now we have so much cap room to sign Redd, Allen, Swift, and anyone else that is of "superstar" caliber. We just possibly were a part of one of the worst trades in NBA history. To me, this is worse than the Webber deal. I can't wait to hear everyone's logic on how this is a good trade for the Hornets!!! J M O!!!

I agree. We the Hornets may be worst than the Saints.

i agree 100 percent, horrible trade. i was 100 percent against trading him no matter what we got, i think poeple are going to see how bad this team will be without him.....

New FULL ssn ticket holder! Hornet-Saint's Avatar
    Also, we have a Big Cat and Big Dog on our team now.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball-A-Holic329
    I hope all of you anti-BD people are satisfied. Not only did we give up one of the best PG's in the league for absolutely nothing, we get to "switch picks" with GS if their's is higher than ours...Whoopdie ****in Doo!!! Oh but wait, now we have so much cap room to sign Redd, Allen, Swift, and anyone else that is of "superstar" caliber. We just possibly were a part of one of the worst trades in NBA history. To me, this is worse than the Webber deal. I can't wait to hear everyone's logic on how this is a good trade for the Hornets!!! J M O!!!
    Think about it for a second . . . the Hornets shopped BD around the entire league, and this is the best we could do. BD is hardly one of the best PGs ever, in a few years (probably next season) fans will be happy we made this deal.

Can you promise that BD will play the entire season next year, or even half a season? BD is damaged goods and the rest of the league does not see him as a max contract kind of guy anymore.

i agree. horrible deal. baron davis for this?

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    I'm not satisfied, I'm thrilled.

You guys just don't understand how this is going to eventually work in our favor. Hang around, maybe one day you'll be happy.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    if this was the best we could do, we should have held on... you know he could have come back and played great and we could shop him during the trade or before... this is terrible.... wow attendence is going to go WAY down now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

I think now that BD is back in Cali in a large market, with a team that is now pretty good
    we will see how good he is when he is happy.

You can't be the best PG if you can't stay on the court.

While I'm not thrilled, it's hard to pass judgment since so much depends on future moves.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    I agree...I usually don't say anything on this board...I just like to read everyone elses opinions, but this is ridiculous. It would be one thing if they gave us their lottery pick, but this switch thing is retarded. I wanna know what other offers were on the table; I mean I would have rathered the Clippers one with Kittles and Wilcox. Whoever likes this trade please please please defend it compared to the Clippers one. This is a really really bad trade. We didnt even get Dunleavy. I understand that BD didn't wanna be here but there had to be a better deal on the table. This sucks. And for the record I wanted to get rid of Davis since he first made the comments before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    .... wow attendence is going to go WAY down now...
    Why? We weren't packing the place with BD in the lineup and we were doing pretty good with the new guys considering our lack of winning.

For me, it is very easy to pass judgment on a front office that gives away a 25 year old 2 time all-star for trash.

Ultimate Hornet fan Contributor acemic's Avatar
    Of the two BD and Mash i would have rathered Mashbum than BD now im happer because they are both gone

The only way this trade looks good a few years from now is if Baron Davis is still having injury problems, but I have a feeling the west coast air is going to help his back and ankle.

Baron's not even a top 6 PG! This was a great trade, he didn't want to be here, was never healthy for a period of time! Name the last team to win a championship with their pg as their leading scorer and likes to jack up 3's whenever he wants! BD IS OVERRATED GUIYS and not worth our money! It will be spent better elsewhere!

Thread Information