Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baron Davis feels unwanted from ESPN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I think this is all philosophical in the end. I don't want players running my team. I love what Houston has done with Jeff van Gundy. He came in, challenged the players and is in control of that team. I'd rather see a coach calling the shots than a hot shot kid. Van Gundy has done things his way, they've eliminated players who wouldn't cooperate and the Rockets are one of the up and coming teams in the West. I see Scott and the Hornets wanting to do the same thing. We don't have the roster Houston had to start. It's going to take us a little more time. At least JVG's misfits had trade value...
    I call BS :P The reason the Rockets are doing so much better is because JVG had to give in and stop doing everything his way. He had to stop this walk-it-up, grind it out halfcourt nonsense (j/k) and adjust his game plan to the talent he has to work with, not the other way around. The ball is no longer being force-fed to Yao on almost every possession, and a lot of the scoring is coming from his outside shooters, Padgett, McGrady, Sura, and Wesley. Also, it may be hard to do, but compare last year's Houston team to this year's Orlando team pre-Christie. Same backcourt, Grant Hill is better than JJ, and Yao's supposed to be better than the rookie Dwight. I'd say that Magic team was a little more succesful because it played to their top player's strengths.

I like Baron and he may be better than Dan Dickau overall but not 10 million dollars better.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova72R
    I call BS :P The reason the Rockets are doing so much better is because JVG had to give in and stop doing everything his way.
    To the contrary. JVG is in total control of that team. He has different talent in Houston and he is using it to it's best ability. Good coaches can do that. One night they'll grind it out, the next they'll open it up. The Rockets can play both styles. There is only one commanding voice on the Rockets bench and it's JVG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_b
    I find the whole thing really annoying now. I am (was) a big BD fan and I do believe that he can be a great player and I believe that he wants to help this team win but I am starting to feel more than a little bit foolish for still believing this. I don't want a player who whines in the press about the coach being p*ssed at him and that his team mates didn't call. Well, no offense Baron there is almost no one on the team who will remember who you are except Big Cat and you know he can't call because of the severity of his broken finger.
    This is basically how I feel about it now. I've been waiting for Baron to come halfway with this, and I'm still waiting for him to show up. Enough is enough.
    WRau1- "I seriously don't know how NOH fans are able to listen to these idiots every game. Every play one of them are screaming as if someone just got shot. "Paul driving to the hoop, OMG, WHAT A LAYUP! JESUS HIMSELF COULDN'T HAVE MADE A BETTER WIDE OPEN LAYUP, NOH IA AWEAOME!"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainwater
    I wonder if the Hornets can set a record for most players run out of town? They are getting pretty close these last few years. The front office people are masters at laying blame on anyone but themselves. Keep it coming Hornets!
    Why do you even post here?

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Unwanted? If I remember correctly it was BD's agent who went to the media and complained about New Orleans not having enough talent to showcase BD's talents. BD never fired that agent, and never really came out and said his agent spoke without his consent.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Here's an issue I've never touched on here. BD wants to portray himself as this tough street kid who "can handle it". Well, it's far from the truth. He's fragile, physically and mentally. I've hinted around about it a few times, but I won't pull punches. Dickau's success and adoration by Hornets fans is bothering Mr. Private School Toughguy. BD is a wannabe.
    Reminds me of Aaron Brooks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    Oh I know why he doesn't feel wanted.

BECAUSE HE ISN'T WANTED.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    Reminds me of Aaron Brooks.
    My thoughts exactly.
    God Bless New Orleans and God Bless Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    Unwanted? If I remember correctly it was BD's agent who went to the media and complained about New Orleans not having enough talent to showcase BD's talents.
    The quote was "Ramasar said he and Davis had hoped the Hornets would add a veteran to help Davis carry the scoring load." It had nothing to do with "showcasing his talents."

Unwanted? If I remember correctly it was BD's agent who went to the media and complained about New Orleans not having enough talent to showcase BD's talents. BD never fired that agent, and never really came out and said his agent spoke without his consent.

BD is upset because the girlfriend he couldn't care less about looks like she's ready to move on. What a joke.

PJ's comments in the paper are right on. He might be a great coach one day. Very diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    The quote was "Ramasar said he and Davis had hoped the Hornets would add a veteran to help Davis carry the scoring load." It had nothing to do with "showcasing his talents."
    He also used the words "large market" and "contender". I didn't quote the agent in my post, I was just giving the basics of what he said. I could be wrong, but I took the agents comments to mean that BD wanted to be traded because the Hornets didn't do enough to surround him with enough talent; in a larger market that hosts a contender he could showcase his talent in the playoffs to a wider fan base.

I understand that I'm assuming a lot here, but I don't think I'm that off from what the agent intended. You don't demand a trade to improve a team, or to better market the team you are already on.

Everything this season concerning BD falls back to his agent's comments to the media. It was the worst thing he could have done, for himself and the Hornets. He never did anything to that agent, as far as I know that guy is still employed by BD (even though he supposedly spoke out of turn).

BD feels unwanted, he should. When his agent made those comments it split the fan base and caused all this stupid drama about his trainer, his injury, staying in LA, and now feeling unwanted. For me it all goes back to his agent's demands to the media.

Here is the article. I agree that I did not like his agent's comments either and he should have come out and said that although he is disappointed by the lack of personnel movement, he does not want a trade.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...s-demand_x.htm

Who, exactly, is this BD you guys speak of? I can't seem to remember him PLAYING for the Hornets.
    In America there is New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans everywhere else is Cleveland. - Mark Twain

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    He also used the words "large market" and "contender". I didn't quote the agent in my post, I was just giving the basics of what he said. I could be wrong, but I took the agents comments to mean that BD wanted to be traded because the Hornets didn't do enough to surround him with enough talent; in a larger market that hosts a contender he could showcase his talent in the playoffs to a wider fan base.

I understand that I'm assuming a lot here, but I don't think I'm that off from what the agent intended. You don't demand a trade to improve a team, or to better market the team you are already on.

Everything this season concerning BD falls back to his agent's comments to the media. It was the worst thing he could have done, for himself and the Hornets. He never did anything to that agent, as far as I know that guy is still employed by BD (even though he supposedly spoke out of turn).

BD feels unwanted, he should. When his agent made those comments it split the fan base and caused all this stupid drama about his trainer, his injury, staying in LA, and now feeling unwanted. For me it all goes back to his agent's demands to the media.
    Yep, and some of us have said all along that the good people of New Orleans would not put up with this nonsense. I don't know many communities that would, but I suppose there might be a few out there. Anyway, I agree 100% that everything that has happened flows directly from Baron's agent's comments.

Time for some football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    Here is the article. I agree that I did not like his agent's comments either and he should have come out and said that although he is disappointed by the lack of personnel movement, he does not want a trade.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...s-demand_x.htm

Thanks, I am going to use this in my new sig for future reference for all concerned until this blows over.

NOLA

BD is just like Aaron Brooks smiling after an INT.

For anyone too lazy to check out the link, here are the direct quotes from the agent Todd Ramasar (keep in mind these quotes come from late August/early Sept):

"After talking with Baron and evaluating what the Hornets organization has been doing this offseason, I'm concerned with Baron's current status and his future with the team,"
    "Baron was really disappointed with them losing the first round of the playoffs. I want to put him in the position where he can contend for a title or at least be in a position where he can reach the NBA Finals."
    "I think it's too much pressure that the Hornets are putting on Baron as an All-Star to carry that team,"
    Here are Baron's direct quotes:

"I trust my agent,"
    "He has my best interests at heart. I'm just focused to play well in the NBA."
    Here is what USAToday writer, Roscoe Nance, presented as Ramasar's comments:

Baron Davis and his agent are demanding that the New Orleans Hornets trade the two-time All-Star guard to improve Davis' chances to win an NBA title.
    Davis didn't name a specific team he would like to play for but Ramasar said that his client would be a good fit with teams such as New York, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami.
    Ramasar said he and Davis had hoped the Hornets would add a veteran to help Davis carry the scoring load. Davis averaged a career-high 22.9 points per game last season but to get it he averaged 40 minutes a game, eighth in the league.
    That's it, that is all that was said. Take it for what it is worth.

We may be heading to the smack board with this one soon. I am just sayin'

Thread Information