Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Baron to Warriors

Some News (Rumor)

Hey Guys, I just got a call from my brother who works freelance for the Hornets (Cox Sports TV). He said that last night Shinn told Gil McGregor that we will deal Mash and Rogers for Glen Robinson and also we will deal BD for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. He said that a draft pick was not mentioned. I just hope that in the transfer of the message that part was lost. But we shall see. Take it for what it is worth, but I believe that this is going down. I just hope that we end up with a draft pick.

I would be shocked if they parted with a first round pick this season.

So, what's the tale of the tape on this Pietrus kid? He doesn't seem to be getting much floor time out there. Is that because he sucks, or is he just stuck behind JRich and Laettner...I mean Dunleavy.
    the Legend has spoken!

Hall of Famer Contributor CC_Pelican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    Hey Guys, I just got a call from my brother who works freelance for the Hornets (Cox Sports TV). also we will deal BD for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. He said that a draft pick was not mentioned. I just hope that in the transfer of the message that part was lost. But we shall see. Take it for what it is worth, but I believe that this is going down. I just hope that we end up with a draft pick.
    New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)

New Orleans receives: C Dale Davis (3.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.0 minutes)

PG Speedy Claxton (13.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 6.1 apg in 32.6 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -3.4 ppg, +3.7 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Golden State trades: C Dale Davis (3.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.0 minutes)

PG Speedy Claxton (13.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 6.1 apg in 32.6 minutes)
    Golden State receives: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +3.4 ppg, -3.7 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New Orleans and Golden State being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and Golden State had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

No need for draft picks if only these guys are involved. This would be great for the Warriors lousy for the Hornets as far as value. Cap space and an ok player is all we'd get in return.

I'm so excited because of all the trade ideas/rumours. Can't wait for the final announcement
    I love this game!

Harvey, when will we know more?

Interesting article from Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ight&type=lgns

"But one source told the Times he didn't think the deal would get done. Dale Davis also said after Wednesday's game he doubted he would be traded to the Hornets.

Davis said Tuesday that it was a 50 percent chance the Warriors would trade him by today's noon deadline. Davis said he could be bought out for a portion of the final $3.4 million of his contract and released if he isn't traded."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2583502

"sources say the club's decision-makers were on the telephone with the Hornets, trying to convince the league's losingest team to cut loose Davis in exchange for Dale Davis' expiring contract and at least one first-round pick.

No deal was struck in the late-night negotiations as the Hornets were said to be hoping to better the Warriors' offer in 11th-hour discussions this morning, perhaps forcing Chris Mullin to up his ante a bit.

The trade deadline is today at noon."

Quote Originally Posted by CC_Hornet
    No need for draft picks if only these guys are involved. This would be great for the Warriors lousy for the Hornets as far as value. Cap space and an ok player is all we'd get in return.
    BD for Dale Davis & whoever may be what the Warriors are falling back to, not wanting to give up a draft pick too. I see the draft pick as the sweetener to the pot here for us. But, we may go for it without the draft pick.

Many have difficulty giving up BD without getting someone good in return, which I certainly understand. However, the rest of the league does not view BD the same way we, or BD's fans at least, do. Therefore, we're not going to get the value we want for him.

But, if we got that draft pick and freed up most of his salary, we would be able to translate that into a good player or two, hopefully. That, in time, could translate into getting at least some comparable value for BD, satisfying some fans wanting more than what it appears we are getting at this time.

But, I still contend that we need to trade BD as soon as possible. I just don't see his value increasing. If, as reports may indicate, his play last night DAMAGED negotiations, I believe that through the rest of the season, with his propensity for nagging injuries and, now, inconsistent play, his value will continue to fall.

Trade him now, hopefully with a draft pick (almost certainly not from this year) included. If not, be willing to go without the pick, bite the bullet and move on. The longer this goes today, the worse it looks, and I'm beginning to think it may just be too late.

The Hornets would rather trade BD out of Conference, so the Warriors need to sweeten the deal to get us to bite. We didn't bite without the draft pick and we haven't bitten yet based on this report, so I'd suspect that GS needs to up the ante from Dale Davis, player x and the 1st round pick (don't know which of their 1st's are involved) that was on the table late last night.

Anyone hear any further about the Mash for Big Dog deal? Wondered if there were any problems with the Webber deal screwing things up as posted previously.

Hall of Famer Contributor CC_Pelican's Avatar
    Bum knee, bum back, bum ankle....I can't blame teams for not jumping out of their seats for B-Fizzle anymore. He hasn't proved he can play for extended periods of time since '01-'02. Its hard to see us get practically nothing for him when you know he is capable of so much more than he's shown recently. I guess its cap clearance or bust for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    The Hornets would rather trade BD out of Conference, so the Warriors need to sweeten the deal to get us to bite. We didn't bite without the draft pick and we haven't bitten yet based on this report, so I'd suspect that GS needs to up the ante from Dale Davis, player x and the 1st round pick (don't know which of their 1st's are involved) that was on the table late last night.
    Dale Davis, player x and a 1st pick sounds good to me ..... do it. Just tactics from the Hornets I believe, to try and get more at the last second. Hopefully, it'll still go as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by defuz
    Anyone hear any further about the Mash for Big Dog deal? Wondered if there were any problems with the Webber deal screwing things up as posted previously.
    I'd suspect that the Mash deal is about the 76ers having cap space after next season and if anything the Webber deal might actually have sealed the Mash deal. The 76ers want to rid themselves of GRob.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    I'd suspect that the Mash deal is about the 76ers having cap space after next season and if anything the Webber deal might actually have sealed the Mash deal. The 76ers want to rid themselves of GRob.
    Good news, thanks. Hopefully we'll have a press conference called to announce two trades.

Banned
    Hopefully we can get a draft pick or Pietrus in addition to Davis and Claxton.

Quote Originally Posted by Houma Hornet
    With Dickau, Jacobsen, West, and now maybe Dunleavy, the Hornets should be in the 2002 Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy
    If we deal Baron to Golden State, I'd want Dale Davis, their 2005 first rounder and Speedy Claxton in return.

With Claxton and Dickau we'd have covered the point. Dale Davis gives us another big man for the rest of the season and comes off the books in the summer. GS sucks right now and will for the rest of the season, so their firstrounder is a lottery pick for sure.

Then deal Mash and Rogers to Philly (although I kind of doubt the Sixers will do that after aquiring Webber) for Robinson and get even more cap space.

With those moves we could turn it around in a lot less time then anybody expected.
    I cannot see any scenario where they would give us their 2005 1st rounder unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by defuz
    Dale Davis, player x and a 1st pick sounds good to me ..... do it. Just tactics from the Hornets I believe, to try and get more at the last second. Hopefully, it'll still go as stated.
    GS has a couple extra #1s from Dallas. They may include one of those as they are later #1s. I cannot see them giving us their own.

Thread Information