Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron to Warriors

I hope the EC team is Atlanta. Vescey mentioned them as in the hunt. If they re-sign Walker (which they should), then Al Harrington is a bit redundant. He could be the main course in a BD trade.

Hornets + Kool-Aid = ??? PyroCross's Avatar
    I can see a Dale Davis + Christian Laettner's contract/Mickael Pietrus/Mike Dunleavy (either or) + 2005 1st rounder for Baron Davis + Lee Nailon.

LV: Yeah, you're right.

Let me get this straight. Trading Baron Davis for Dale "75-year-old" Davis, Mike "I was only productive at Duke" Dunleavy, and draft pick or two??? Very obvious that this would be a "dump Baron for cap room" move. And with the bad luck and horrendous past our professional teams in New Orleans have had concerning bringing in "Superstar Free Agents" over the years, I seriously doubt our Front Office will be able to compete with the rest of the NBA. No matter what anyone says, "Superstars" do want to go to some what of a possible winning organization. Although money is what makes the world turn, I just have a horrible feeling that no one is going to sign here no matter what contracts we are capable of offering. So for every true Hornets fan, I desperately hope the Hornets wait until the offseason for a SERIOUS TRADE OFFER for BD, or simply don't move him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LV Hornet
    did anyone actually read the article on espn.com....Was it just me or did Marc Stein just add a paragraph to his article that was posted about BD feeling unwanted in NO that was on espn.com yesterday?
    They do that a lot on ESPN, they add stuff on to their stories as other plots develop.

Hey Ballaholic, these are as serious offers for BD as it'll get! We're dumping a ton of cap space and adding some players who could play and grow along with a real high draft pick.

Hornets + Kool-Aid = ??? PyroCross's Avatar
    Ball: Tell me who'll want Baron Davis. It won't make a difference if it's now or in the offseason, just that his stock will decrease more.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw
    NO to the NEW JERSEY DEAL. I don't want one problem player for another. If that deal goes through then we basically get a guy who refuses to play for another guy who refuses to play. No to the New Jersey deal.

And Harvey is correct the New Jersey deal is the #1 deal at the moment.
    I never said anything about New Jersey. I don't know anything about a deal with them...

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    +3 Chad504boy and PyroCross

That's one of the teams I've heard that's involved in the BD lottery
    Same here. I'm pulling for the second deal to come through. That would be perfect.

Umm... Harvey is correct, Atlanta is the number 1 deal at the moment!

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad504boy
    Umm... Harvey is correct, Atlanta is the number 1 deal at the moment!
    I never mentioned them. Where did you hear that?

3-4 total players huh.... I guess its BD for Dale Davis and Pietrus or Dunleavey. It would be nice to add some contracts and get Claxton too. Having Claxton and Dickau would be sufficient at point guard. That way, you aren't hinging so much on getting a chance at Chris Paul in the draft. You can take him and let Dickau go, or you are free to pass on him if there is a big man you really like.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball-A-Holic329
    Let me get this straight. Trading Baron Davis for Dale "75-year-old" Davis, Mike "I was only productive at Duke" Dunleavy, and draft pick or two??? Very obvious that this would be a "dump Baron for cap room" move. And with the bad luck and horrendous past our professional teams in New Orleans have had concerning bringing in "Superstar Free Agents" over the years, I seriously doubt our Front Office will be able to compete with the rest of the NBA. No matter what anyone says, "Superstars" do want to go to some what of a possible winning organization. Although money is what makes the world turn, I just have a horrible feeling that no one is going to sign here no matter what contracts we are capable of offering. So for every true Hornets fan, I desperately hope the Hornets wait until the offseason for a SERIOUS TRADE OFFER for BD, or simply don't move him at all.
    Let's take this out further. So he doesn't get moved this season. Given his history this year, let's assume that he doesn't play all of the remaining games, but we'll give him credit for playing some of them (since he has played some thus far). Now it's the end of the season. Now what? Why would we get a serious trade offer at the end of the season v. now? We are not the desperate team right now because we are not in contention for anything. What is going to change at the end of the season to make BD more attractive to other teams ? The fact that he might get well? That's how this season started. I suspect the Hornets started to look into dealing him when his agent came out and said that it might be best for Baron to move on. I don't see the difference between now or the end of the season. I don't expect him to turn it around over the next 7 weeks or so. And then if we don't deal him at all, what then? What will we have? Do we have a guy who we hope comes back and plays healthy, just like we have been hoping every year? Will his attitude change for the better? I don't see any of that happening. I wish I did. I am not anti-BD, but reality is what it is. Where would you go? What's your vision?

Time for some football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I never mentioned them. Where did you hear that?
    I'm using the process of elimination to figure this out. I only have like 9 teams left now! I assume its Philly after all the hints though... I think I rather Golden St deal, I want some players involved, not solely cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw
    Screwed up meant the 76ers deal. The player who refuses to play who has a salary cap of 12 million this season--ring any bells?
    It's a contract trade. He would be gone at the end of the season. I doubt very highly that the Hornets would offer to re-sign him. Yes, it's salary dumping and clearing space.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Who is the other team? Would somebody like to fill me in? Is it GRob for BD instead of for Mash?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    Baron and Lynch for Speedy, Dale Davis, and Mickael Pietrus works on realgm.com.

I would prefer Pietrus to Dunleavy personally. I'm not impressed with Dunleavy's game.

If we can deal Baron and Mash for Davis and Robinson we will have LOADS of money to spend.

There are no FAs out there worth signing to MAX deals imo this summer. But with the cap room, you can re-sign Dickau for a reasonable price, extend Nachbar and maybe get a couple of mid-level guys while still being majorly under the cap.

Then in 06 you go after one of the big boys.

What is Harrington's contract like? He might be a nice fit considering the poor guy has played with the league's wort PGs this season and that ball hog Walker. I just don't want him if he's got big money for too long.

The key to either deal is getting either Atlanta's or the Warriors' No. 1. I doubt it will be this year if we get it though but probably a few years down the road considering they are both awful.

The good news about this is that in a few years, they will still be awful, so the pick will be nice.

this trade also works btw:

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.1 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: C Dale Davis (3.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.0 minutes)
    PG Derek Fisher (12.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.1 apg in 29.8 minutes)
    SG Mickael Pietrus (8.2 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.4 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -0.2 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Golden State trades: C Dale Davis (3.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.0 minutes)
    Golden State receives: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +0.2 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

NO Fisher! I despise him for that .4 second game winning shot!

All-Star
    Derek Fisher??? And his 6+ million dollar a year deal for 5 more years??? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitolHornet45

Golden State receives: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)

That's a TERRIBLE trade. What's the point of unloading Davis' salary if you're going to take on the idiotic contract of Fisher?

I liked Mullin as a player but he's the worst GM in the NBA. Well, Babcock is a close second.

He signed Fisher and freaking Foyle to huge deals. Why?

Please please do not take on Fisher's contract.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Cann we please get Jason Richardson????
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

Relax, I doubt Fisher would be part of the deal. It should be somewhat obvious that a trade with GS would probably be for the point of clearing cap space. I just don't see the Hornets bringing on more bad contracts. Fisher is not involved. $.03

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Who is the other team? Would somebody like to fill me in? Is it GRob for BD instead of for Mash?
    If we tell you we'd have to...

well, you know.

Woahhh calm down guys just saying it worked. Didn't know Dfish has a big contract. Sheesh..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar

I am 99.99% sure we are getting Claxton. Not Fisher.

Thread Information