Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IT'S OFFICIAL: Sixers Acquire Rodney Rogers and Jamal Mashburn {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by killah
    ALRIGHT! Drinks are on me!

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killah
    ALRIGHT! Drinks are on me!

no more i tell ya! no more! too much last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Deal 1 went thru...now waiting for BD to get kicked out of town!

bye bye Mash, you were a great guy before acting like a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieone
    It was official when I posted it. ESPN is too slow....
    Be sure & post a link when you're breaking news like that.

HELL YES.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for us in the offseason, Mash gone for good, no more RR looking like he's never run the court in his life and more importantly taking up space from the younger guys like Boki, Lampe and Vorman.

Plus: we free up a space on the injured list and a space on the active roster. G-Rob can contribute, but more importantly he gives us that green.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC_Hornet
    Burger Flip no more.
    He gets a promotion to lifeguard status.

Come on HH, what is happening on the BD front?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieone
    It was official when I posted it. ESPN is too slow....
    It was official last night, just not announced...

I could show you a million threads suggesting as much.

Now lets get the BD deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    It was official last night, just not announced...

I could show you a million threads suggesting as much.

Now lets get the BD deal done.
    Is what the media saying true (that other teams are in the bidding now for BD)?

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    Is what the media saying true (that other teams are in the bidding now for BD)?
    From what I understand, yes. I honestly couldn't tell you who though. Things are going to be very tight lipped until something happens. Yes, I still think he's a goner.

HH do you know if the golden state deal would involve draft picks?
    AKA St. David

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    From what I understand, yes. I honestly couldn't tell you who though. Things are going to be very tight lipped until something happens. Yes, I still think he's a goner.
    There's only 90 minutes left until the trade deadline. I hope we don't do a deal just for the sake of doing a deal. Sounds like we are working GS pretty hard to throw in Dunleavy or something in addition to what they are offering.

Time for some football!!!

WCH - What are your thought on Dunleavy? Does he have a future or is he a version of Van Horn?

Quote Originally Posted by Saints63213
    HH do you know if the golden state deal would involve draft picks?
    I think there is some kind of deal involving draft picks, but I'm not sure it means we acquire extra picks.

Who knows at this point. We'll all find out at the same time. It seems that some other teams may be involved in the Davis sweepstakes. I'm sure it has changed the complexion of the negotiations. From what I'm hearing, the EC deal I thought might happen has cooled a little, but is still alive. It seems the GS deal and possibly a few others have moved ahead of it...

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    WCH - What are your thought on Dunleavy? Does he have a future or is he a version of Van Horn?
    You didn't ask me, but I'll give you my opinion anyway.

If anything, Dunleavy is as soft or softer than Van Horn. His rebounding numbers are horrible for a player that's 6'9". For a "shooter" he's really not that impressive either from the floor, FT line or behind the arc.

I honestly feel that Nachbar will probably turn out to be a better NBA player than Dunleavy.

Dunleavy is just too soft.

Just looking at his numbers, however, and he has been coming on lately averaging 18 ppg over his last five. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him and see how he does the next 28 games. He might prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Mash won't play, it's just a way for the sixers to save 80% of that money.
    Doesn't Mash need to confirm his retirement for the 76ers to save these 80%?

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint
    Watch Mashburn's punk arse play now. I don't care anyway. He's not that good even when he plays. He's old, slow and a ball hog who plays no D.

The best part about this trade is that in one trade the Hornets got rid of two of the most loathed players in the history of the franchise!!!

Talk about killing to losers with one stone.

As for Big Dog, I personally hope he doesn't even play. I don't want him taking away minutes from Nachbar.

We already have his separated twin, Nailon, anyway.
    I doubt Mashburn will play. I doubt Philly wants him to play. If he plays, the insurance policy stops paying for him and the team bears the full load of his salary.

They wanted the cash savings and a trade option for next year. They also got Rodgers who, if he doesn't eat them out of house and home, can at least log some minutes...something neither Robinson or Mashburn were willing to do.

I doubt Philly even cares if Mash reports.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Hornet
    I doubt Mashburn will play. I doubt Philly wants him to play. If he plays, the insurance policy stops paying for him and the team bears the full load of his salary.

They wanted the cash savings and a trade option for next year. They also got Rodgers who, if he doesn't eat them out of house and home, can at least log some minutes...something neither Robinson or Mashburn were willing to do.

I doubt Philly even cares if Mash reports.
    I would suspect that Philly made sure that Mash would not report. Well, I guess he has to report for the deal to go through, but that doesn't mean he has to play. I seriously doubt we'll see Mash ever play again. And I doubt the deal goes off if there was a chance that Mash could play. Then again...

The best part about this trade is that in one trade the Hornets got rid of two of the most loathed players in the history of the franchise!!!

Disagree. Givent he situation, this is a very good move by the Hornets, but IMO and despite some of the strong words used on this board over the past few months, I don't think Mash is "loathed" by most fans. Don't forget his comeback in the first year here in N.O., when he played every game and carried the team. He gave us some very special games in that first year, and even a little bit last year. For a while, he was the most popular player and for good reason. He's an odd guy apparently, who never really meshed with this teammates, and who now is injured apparently beyond repair. Frustrating, yeah, and disappointing. But not "loathed" by most of us, at least not by me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdreams
    Disagree. Givent he situation, this is a very good move by the Hornets, but IMO and despite some of the strong words used on this board over the past few months, I don't think Mash is "loathed" by most fans. Don't forget his comeback in the first year here in N.O., when he played every game and carried the team. He gave us some very special games in that first year, and even a little bit last year. For a while, he was the most popular player and for good reason. He's an odd guy apparently, who never really meshed with this teammates, and who now is injured apparently beyond repair. Frustrating, yeah, and disappointing. But not "loathed" by most of us, at least not by me.

Well he's loathed by me and pretty much all the posters on here that I know of. I would say you have to be the minority on this one.

I don't like the guy, never thought he was a great player and never liked him in college either. I guess I have just never liked him, but his antics the last few years really made me dislike him.

Can't say that I will miss him or his ball hogging.

Can't say that I will miss him or his ball hogging.
    The ballhogging part, I agree with. But then Baron started being the ball hog........anyway, I just thought "loath" was a bit strong.......

MTZag

This is potentially bad news for Dickau fans on this board. I recall when both Big Dog and Dickau were in Atlanta, Robinson complained about the way Dickau passed him the ball and made sure the young point guard stayed glued to the bench. I predict trouble with team chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag
    This is potentially bad news for Dickau fans on this board. I recall when both Big Dog and Dickau were in Atlanta, Robinson complained about the way Dickau passed him the ball and made sure the young point guard stayed glued to the bench. I predict trouble with team chemistry.
    Robinson may never even see the bench here.

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag
    I wouldn't worry about that. I seriously doubt Big Dog plays for the Hornets and if he does, he's doing it Scott's way which is with Dan running the show.

Mashburn/Rogers to Philly for Big Dog

I don't need a sig... (heh)

Thread Information