Pelicans Report

Thread: With Scott brings hope

With Scott brings hope

I wasn't jumping up and down when Floyd was announced as coach last year. As a UNO alum I was happy for Tim but as we have seen before most college coachs can't handle the pro's ego's. I am happy to see the Hornets go after the biggest coaching name out there. Scott is a proven winner. The only question I have is will he be able to handle our guys or was kidd his lone problem?
    Also I can't wait to see what direction this team will head. Floyd brought a faster pace team than we had under Silas. That was nice to see up until the point that our old guys decided that they had enough.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

Good to see that Scott's hiring brought you back!

Stick around...it's going to be an interesting offseason and a much anticipated 2004-05 season!
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar

Re: With Scott brings hope

Originally posted by pistol #7
    I wasn't jumping up and down when Floyd was announced as coach last year. As a UNO alum I was happy for Tim but as we have seen before most college coachs can't handle the pro's ego's. I am happy to see the Hornets go after the biggest coaching name out there. Scott is a proven winner. The only question I have is will he be able to handle our guys or was kidd his lone problem?
    Also I can't wait to see what direction this team will head. Floyd brought a faster pace team than we had under Silas. That was nice to see up until the point that our old guys decided that they had enough.
    Good to hear from you, E, where you been?

Time for some football!!!

Basketball Guru Contributor
    I think this will be viewed by many in the metro area as a great hire by the Hornets. Many didn't respect the Floyd hire.

Originally posted by alon504
    I think this will be viewed by many in the metro area as a great hire by the Hornets. Many didn't respect the Floyd hire.
    Dumb yats, don't know **** about basketball!

Seriously, I agree with you. The market is a bit more sophisticated than some give it credit for.

Basketball Guru Contributor
    They have a forum on www.wwltv.com on the hire and it's interesting to read what some of the locals are saying about the hire. Many follow this team closely and this hire should bring many to the arena for the first time to see the team next season. There are thousands out there that have been watching from their living rooms and forming opinions about the team and this should bring them out to the games.

Thanks for the link. I just posted a comment there. I still maintain that Scott was not my first choice, but I find myself very excited about the hire. Can't wait for October even though I usually am very focused on the NFL at that time of year.

Haven't left Slidell, just finally got a new home computer. Swithed jobs and in doing so lost the free home computer they gave me. God it feels good to be on line again. Still a die hard Hornets fan. Haven't missed a home game yet and made 2 preseason away games. OK so they were in baton Rouge and Mississippi but still not shabby. By the way heard you on Gerry V today. Good take on the GM spot.
    What's up west coast!

Pistol, check your PMs, dude!

Thread Information