Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: VC to N.O????

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    Originally posted by CapitolHornet45
    If it were Mags/DW/Mash for Rose/VC/Bosh, I just might do that.
    I think I could deal with that.

Originally posted by Rich4114
    Vince Carter doesn't = Jefferson either, I'm just doing a comparison of the types of players and their ability to fulfill the roles the NJ players did on that team with Scott.

you have it backwards... Jefferson doesn't equal Vince...

don't even try to argue differently....yea hes had some injuries...hes been on a dirt-bag team....but Jefferson is not as good a player as Vince.

I think that's what he meant.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    NO. As in No. JMags and BD are the essential untouchables on this team. There are only one or two players who are worthy of a trade involving either of these guys. And it would have to be position for position, I am afraid. So no trading JMags without getting a quality big man. No trading BD without a quality point. That's it. There's nothing else to say. My bet is that the Hornets have rejected this deal. Some of you all can dwell on it if you want, but it is over and it is time to move on, I think.

Time for some football!!!

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Guys, what about my trade proposal? ^^^^^
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    STHornet.. that doesn't sound bad at all. I like Eddy Curry. And everyone seems to dislike Jalen Rose. I wouldn't mind getting Eddy Curry and trading Magloire. I wouldn't mind that at all. I think as long as we can sign a decent center who can get the job done, don't get Rose, and get rid of Mashburn... we'll be good. That's probably too much to ask for.

Raptors offer Vince, Rose to Hornets

Vince Carter has yet to comment on the numerous trade talks surrounding his future, maybe now will be the time?

Sportsnet.ca - A trade involving Raptors' franchise Vince Carter and teammate Jalen Rose is lighting up the airwaves in New Orleans, according to WGNO, the cities' local sports radio.

According to the radio report, Toronto has offered Carter and Rose in exchange for P.J. Brown and Canadian Jamal Magloire. The deal reportedly will include an undisclosed amount of cash. It is no secret in Toronto that Vince Carter is unhappy with his exclusion from the Raptors' off-season revamping of its front office and coaching staff.

Carter has yet to comment on the ordeal, but on several occasions has voiced his discontent with executive Richard Peddie. Carter's closest friends have revealed the star wouldn't return to the Raptors unless Richard Peddie, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., consultant Jack McCloskey, and director of player personnel Jim Kelley, were all fired.

"In due time. I'm definitely going to fill everybody in when it's time," said Carter, who will host his annual charity all-star game July 30th at the Air Canada Centre. "I have nothing to say right now, but I promise in due time."

Magloire, a 6'11 centre, is a native of the city, and has hinted in the past about his desire to play in front of his friends and family. Last season with the Hornets, Magloire averaged 13.7 PPG, while posting 10.3 RPG. Brown, a 6'11 forward, led the team in FG percentage while averaging 10.3 PPG.

In Jalen Rose, the Hornets would get a skilled guard while adding the marquee player needed to play alongside Baron Davis.
    Mag's isn't as important in the west because nobody, except Houston and maybe San Antonio has a center but to lose PJ (although his salary is high) is a lot to lose. We would be able to score but rebounds and interior defense would be at a minimum. We would look like the Mavs!

On the flip side, we would probably get our mid-level back and could potentially offer it to Dampier (I think he's from Mississippi). If that happened, we'd be in good shape!

Draft Pick
    I thought we should go after VC when I first heard he was on the block. However, we can't give up the two big men for him. I'd give up PJ and Mash and Wesley for VC and either Rose or Mo Pete. I want to keep Magloire obviously. I think teams are shying away from Mash after he said he might be forced into early retirement becuz of his health.

I might be bias, but IMO my trade proposal is perfect. I think Eddy Curry is in the last year of his contract. After this year, we re-sign him. He is oly 22 or 23 years old.

MIL gets rid of Keith Van Horn for Jalen Rose and the Raptors top draft pick.

TOR replaces Jalen (bad contract) with Keith (bad contract, but a little cheaper). They also get their center and another SG.

CHI is young. They get experience with Mash who will be replaced by Deng next year. They also get Moiso to backup up at the PF position. They would move Tyson Chandler to Center. Since CHI doesn't have a first rounder next year, they will get two first rounders from this deal.

WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN for everyone IMO...

After thinking about, there are a few ways I might do this:

First, it can't include PJ. Losing him and Mags would kill us.

Second, we would have to somehow be able to get a servicable center. That obviously wouldn't be easy. I'm not talking somebody as good as Mags, just one of those guys that gets the job done.

If they are going to give us Rose they have to take Mashburn off our hands also.

I'm still not sure if this would make us a better team or good enough to warrant doing it. I'm mostly tempted to do it because you don't have the chance at a Carter type talent every day, but if we can't get a decent replacement for Mags then you just can't do it.

Can anyone find the list of FA Centers left? Since we have our MLE back, I would like to see if there are any good centers left in FA.

Eric Dampier.

Draft Pick
    How about PJ, Mags, and Mash for VC, Rose, Marshall, and cash? They would get the 2 big men they want, we would get 1 big man back, they would get another scorer also. I'm not sure if it would work with the cap though.

I can't give them JMags. They'd have to take PJ, Mash, DW and DA.

That would give the Hornets a nice looking roster...

BD/(resign Shammy)/Garcia
    Rose/JR Smith/Pickett
    VC/Lynch
    West/(resign Traylor)
    JMags/Andersen

You'd still have the MLE to sign someone to play PF/C

Getting Vince Carter might give them the cashflow to go significantly over the cap for a big man. Carter will fill up the arena and we would score a ton of points. Let's not forget it's Vince Carter we're talking about. A healthy VC is a top 10 player and a draw at the box office along with TV. We could find a rebounder.

Draft Pick
    I don't think the Raptors will want to do the deal without Mags.

seeking a higher level Contributor Wingman's Avatar
    Originally posted by West Coast Hornet
    NO. As in No. JMags and BD are the essential untouchables on this team. There are only one or two players who are worthy of a trade involving either of these guys. And it would have to be position for position, I am afraid. So no trading JMags without getting a quality big man. No trading BD without a quality point. That's it. There's nothing else to say. My bet is that the Hornets have rejected this deal. Some of you all can dwell on it if you want, but it is over and it is time to move on, I think.
    I agree WCH, BD and Mags are untouchable! After Toronto's match of MoPete's offer sheet is officially announced, I say we offer the MLE for Rodney White!!!

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    I'd have to think they'd give us a big man in return. How can we give both of our starting big men and not get one in return. We'd be up a creek...

There is no way in hell you would offer the entire MLE to a player who doesn't even average 10 points per game. We're not exactly the Warriors! White has potential but I don't think so. The Hornets wouldn't leave themselves without a frontcourt. If this deal goes down, something else is in the works. This also would mean that they loved what they saw out of West.

5O4Hornet
    Finally someone with common sense!!! Thank you saints fan in A!!!

5O4Hornet
    Yall must want the Hornets to suck next year!

Anytime 504!

The Hornets were a middle of the pack team in the east last year. What makes anybody think the current team is about to make a move?
    Last edited by Saints Fan in A; 07-28-2004 at 11:37 PM.

This is what Shinn is probably thinking: (by getting Vince Carter)

1. Sellouts
    2. More Jersey sales
    3. More Appearances on TV
    4. More Praise from local and national media

which equals to = MORE $$$$

Originally posted by STHornet
    Can anyone find the list of FA Centers left? Since we have our MLE back, I would like to see if there are any good centers left in FA.
    I don't have a list, but it isn't pretty.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Here's about all thats left as far as 5's go: Keon Clark, Jabari Smith, Eric Dampier, Traylor, Corie Blount, Mamadou N'diaye, Joel Przybilla, Kevin Willis, Loren Woods. Not the best seclection. We can't afford Dampier's 12M a year he wants...
    Last edited by CapitolHornet45; 07-28-2004 at 11:46 PM.

Thread Information