Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: VC to N.O????

5O4Hornet
    What if Magloire wants the deal to happen and if it doesn't; then, you'd have an unhappy Magloire. I say do it, and I've been saying do it!!! Get VC down here!

5O4Hornet
    I don't know what the infactuation about Magloire!?!? We would have Vince Carter, Jalen Rose, and Baron Davis!!! 3 athletes who can score the ball and you're worrying about Jamaal Magloire, who wont be anything special going into the west? The biggest center is in the East now, so who could you worry about at center? Nobody! The Hornets would be insane to lose out on this deal becasue of Jmaal Magloire!

VC isnt worth loseing Mags. VC is to much of a risk and makeing the trade would leave us without a C.
    God Bless New Orleans and God Bless Louisiana.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    I'm sorry, but PJ, Mash, DA, and Wesley should be enough for VC and Rose.

Those two aren't on Shaq's level, you shoudn't throw out pieces of your franchise for someone like VC. That only goes for a guy like Shaq, Duncan, KG, and maybe Kobe.

Do what the Heat did, get a superstar for as less as you can. And it only helps they'll be trading him out West.

nola proud
    Now, this is a break...i would do this trade
    1.It'll get 16,200+ per game
    2.The "and cash"
    3.We could trade mash for a 5-7 mill player
    4.We could also try to pack-age up rose too
    5. It lets West develop

Why would tor do this? they have 2 young pf/c bosh, and aurjio...they have marshall.....hummm.

DID TORONTO REALLY OFFER THIS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first sight you can think 'hey, it's VC. It would be nice to have him! All those dunks, the media attention, more fan support..'.

Then you think. 'Hey, if we lose Mags...Who will rebound? who will block? who will intimidate? How will you get open looks for the jump shots?'

Huuum, in my opinion, I would keep Mags and try to get Carter involving Mash, DA, Lynch, DW or PJ on the trade.

Unfortunately, I don't think Toronto would let Carter go unless Mags is on the trade.
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
    -----
    MY TWO PASSIONS

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    What about Mash, DW, Mags for Carter and Aruaro?

PG: BD
    SG: Vince Carter
    SF: J.R./Lynch
    PF: P.J./DX
    C: Birdman/Aruaro
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

You guys are forgetting something. Scott is the coach now. He doesn't use big slow centers in his system. If Raps agree to take Mash in the deal instead of PJ, I think it's a go. Scott took the Nets to the finals with no big time center, just a bunch of high flying high octane energy players.

Baron Davis = Jason Kidd
    Jalen Rose = Kerry Kittles
    Vince Carter = Richard Jefferson
    David West = Kenyon Martin
    Chris Anderson = Aaron Williams/Jason Collins

I'd do it if I was NO. Do it.... do it.

However I would also attempt to make them include Aurujo or whatever.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Gerry V commented about it, check it out...

http://pelicansreport.com/vBulletin/...893#post205893

Originally posted by Rich4114
    You guys are forgetting something. Scott is the coach now. He doesn't use big slow centers in his system. If Raps agree to take Mash in the deal instead of PJ, I think it's a go. Scott took the Nets to the finals with no big time center, just a bunch of high flying high octane energy players.

Baron Davis = Jason Kidd

Nice comparisons. The only player I don't want is Rose. We would have too much money tied up with guards. I would rather see J.R. start with Baron and Vince.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    BUT CHRIS ANDERSEN CAN NOT BE A CENTER!!! HE IS 220 POUNDS!!! I don't care how good Scott is at taking so/so centers to the finals, Chris Andersen would be taken advantage of each and every night. There's no way we can have him start at center. No, there's got to be another way to do this.

Magloire (a center and a Toronto native) is most probably the one they want, so the trade is likely a no-go without him. But it would be stupid to give up both Magloire and Brown. Maybe something like Magloire, Mashburn, Wesley, Lynch and Armstrong for Carter and Rose would do. I know we would REALLY need to get more big men from free agency should this deal happen, but the trio of Baron Davis, Vince Carter, and Jalen Rose (something like a much more athletic version of Milwaukee's old Big 3) would be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses. we would have to shift PJ to center, and we can start West at PF. yes, both have massive contracts, but keep in mind that both of them are franchise-type players.
    Last edited by HK-47; 07-28-2004 at 10:04 PM.

nola proud
    but they want pj and jmags for vc and rose.......what i think is we should do that trade then package mash and rose for a decent pf and c...someone has to want to do that trade

Originally posted by irish thug 527
    BUT CHRIS ANDERSEN CAN NOT BE A CENTER!!! HE IS 220 POUNDS!!! I don't care how good Scott is at taking so/so centers to the finals, Chris Andersen would be taken advantage of each and every night. There's no way we can have him start at center. No, there's got to be another way to do this.
    Marcus Camby is a center and he is about the same size as Birdman.

But anyway, we still have some MLE money left since the Raptors matched MoPete's deal. We can sign a center iN FA.

There are two reasons they'd give up VC.

1. They get someone to take Rose too.

2. They get Magloire.

Anything less than dumping Rose and getting Magloire won't really work for them. Thats why I never bothered to post this offer. It really doesn't work for the Hornets as it's proposed. When you change the pieces (to exclude Mags), it doesn't work for the Raps...

Originally posted by Rich4114

Baron Davis = Jason Kidd

Sorry, but I don't think David West = Kenyon Martin. Not even close.

Mags has to be included, but then again so does Mashburn for this trade to happen. Especially if they're gonna try pawning Rose off on us. Magliore and Mashburn for Carter and Rose + pieces. I'd do it. Mags didn't exactly carry us last season, and we can always resign Traylor.

Vince Carter doesn't = Jefferson either, I'm just doing a comparison of the types of players and their ability to fulfill the roles the NJ players did on that team with Scott.

I really think Scott will bring out things in our guys that Floyd couldn't.

Carter and Rose's contract combined is over $100 million. I am not sure that is what this team needs, considering Carter's difficulty staying healthy and Rose's attitude.

Think of the cap space you'd get when Rose's deal expires. I think he has 2 seasons left. If I remember right, Carter has 3.

STILL, I do not advocate any trade involving JMags unless we get a starting calibre center in return.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    I'd do it IF and ONLY IF we get Bosh in return. They are one of the few teams that could supply us a decent starting center in return. I've gotta believe we've inquired about getting Bosh or Aujaro from them. I like Mags and I would hate to give him up but I think Bosh could be just as good. Everyone thought it would take him years to develope and look how well he did last year. If it were Mags/DW/Mash for Rose/VC/Bosh, I just might do that.

Just checked.

Rose has 3 years left:

04/05 @ 14,487,000
    05/06 @ 15,694,250
    06/07 @ 16,901,500

VC has 3 years remaining with a player option 4th season.

04/05 @ 12,584,688
    05/06 @ 13,843,157
    06/07 @ 15,101,626
    Player option for 07/08 @ 16,360,095

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by 5O4Hornet
    I don't know what the infactuation about Magloire!?!? We would have Vince Carter, Jalen Rose, and Baron Davis!!! 3 athletes who can score the ball and you're worrying about Jamaal Magloire, who wont be anything special going into the west? The biggest center is in the East now, so who could you worry about at center? Nobody! The Hornets would be insane to lose out on this deal becasue of Jmaal Magloire!
    Yeah, you are right. We don't need a center. In fact, let's just get rid of the 5 position altogether. Basketball wasn't meant that way anyway.

Dude, we need a C. End of story.

Time for some football!!!

Unlikey, but what about a 4 team trade?

NOH gets Vince Carter and Eddy Curry

CHI gets Mash, Moiso, MIL 1st rounder, and NOH 1st rounder

TOR gets Mags, DW, and Keith Van Horn

MIL gets Jalen Rose and Arjuaro

Roster:

PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Vince Carter
    SF: J.R. Smith/Lynch
    PF: P.J. Brown
    C: Eddy Curry
    Last edited by STHornet; 07-28-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Thread Information