Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hornets now the frontrunners for Vince!!!!!! {RUMOR - admin edit}

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN
    I'm not saying that you are reporting bull...
    Well, I will. How many trade rumors does this guy post with out any back up? Remember the "I don't have the link but I'll get it tomorrow" posts? Remember the links that didnt' work?

Sorry, I don't believe what this guy is posting for one minute. His history here is one that has consisted of several misguided trade posts and several board identities.

This guy is 0-fer in posting trade info. I'm going to guess he'll continue his streak.

I just talked with my Hornets friends last night and I brought up the Rose/VC trade. They laughed.

Like I've said before, anything can happen in NBA negotiations. Things change quickly. It's very possible that Toronto would approach the Hornets with a different deal. PJ, Mash and DA/DW for VC/Rose works for me. Maybe they will do that. But, I don't see the Hornets trading Mags. Let me say it this way, not Mags and Brown. Not even if they get Bosh in return. I think it would have to be Mags or Brown, with the emphasis (by the Hornets) on trading Brown...

Even better HH but I know that Toronto wouldnt budge on that.................Bosh in return for Mags just makes the deal swallowable to me. I still do not want to see us trade Mags.

Just like I had a heart attack when they traded Mourning in a galaxy far far away and a long time ago.
    CP3, Armstrong, DX, C-Simm...I have faith in the future!

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

Well, I will. How many trade rumors does this guy post with out any back up? Remember the "I don't have the link but I'll get it tomorrow" posts? Remember the links that didnt' work?

Sorry, I don't believe what this guy is posting for one minute. His history here is one that has consisted of several misguided trade posts and several board identities.

This guy is 0-fer in posting trade info. I'm going to guess he'll continue his streak.

I just talked with my Hornets friends last night and I brought up the Rose/VC trade. They laughed.

Like I've said before, anything can happen in NBA negotiations. Things change quickly. It's very possible that Toronto would approach the Hornets with a different deal. PJ, Mash and DA/DW for VC/Rose works for me. Maybe they will do that. But, I don't see the Hornets trading Mags. Let me say it this way, not Mags and Brown. Not even if they get Bosh in return. I think it would have to be Mags or Brown, with the emphasis (by the Hornets) on trading Brown...
    Thanks for settling everything out Harvey.

I checked the sportnet site and its forums as well as some other NBA rumors forums and there was nothing at all mentioned about this. If it were truly on the public airwaves, I would think we would have seen at least one other comment about it somewhere.

I hear the Lakers are going to be trading for Wilt Chamberlain, the Lakers get screwed here Wilt doesn't have enough left!!!!! More info to come.

Originally posted by VTHornet
    I hear the Lakers are going to be trading for Wilt Chamberlain, the Lakers get screwed here Wilt doesn't have enough left!!!!! More info to come.
    Exactly!

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN
    Your analogy assumes Mags is on the decline, an opinion I do not share. I think VC is much closer to the downside than Mags and big men are extremely hard to get.
    I don't assume Mags is on the decline, or even that he's reached his peak. What I realize, is that because Vince Carter wants out of Toronto, and Mags is maybe the one of only a handful of players they believe will be a ticket draw, Mags has a higher value right now to the Raptors, than he ever will for any other team.

Vince Carter sells tickets in Toronto... If they trade him, they HAVE TO get someone in return who will sell tickets. Mags is only going to sell tickets in Toronto. Nowhere else on the planet is he a box office draw.

The analogy to an overhyped internet stock works. Just like that stock, Mags value isn't really worth what the Raptors are willing to give up.

If Mags really is a (B+) grade player... Toronto is the only team in the league that values him as a (A+) player.

I don't know any other way to say this... Mags isn't an (A+) for the hornets. He's a 10pts, 10rebs guy. That's it. For the Raptors... he's a star. He's a native son. He's an allstar. He's box office gold, even at 10pts/10rebs.

Carter is still an international superstar.... and the hornets have to sell tickets. Not to mention the guy can still flat out play, and isn't even close to being over the hill.

I don't even see how you can debate an even swap of Vince for Mags.

If a star two guard was as easy to find as everyone makes it seem... the Hornets would have had one by now!!!!

If good C's were easy to find, teams like Dallas, Toronto, etc. wouldn't still be looking for them...

I'd rather need to fill a hole at G rather than C any day...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    If we can trade Mash and a few other 30 year olds, don't you guys think that this year wouldn't be a year completely devoted to rebuilding since we would have already done it? I just don't see the point in sitting on our asses during this offseason, except to sign a few noname people that can't score more than a point a game.. it just makes more sense that we trade off some old guys during the offseason. I mean I know it's a lot more complex than that, but I don't see what we would be gaining by just not making any big trades this offseason. I'm afraid that what's going to end up happening is we won't trade any this offseason, and then we'll have trouble trading them at mid season, trouble getting good deals so we'll figure we're going to be a lottery team anyway so we might as well keep them, and then we figure we can trade them in the next off season and we'll be in the same ****ing situation. I'm sure there are some young teams (like the Clippers, they're so young it's scary.. buit they just got Kerry Kittles so they're a little older).. that need some veteran guidance.. I know we can't trade Magloire but we can at least try to trade these long time veterans.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by say-what
    I love how all these sports guys keep running with a dead deal. The Hornets already refused to make any deal that included JMag and PJ for VC, yet this guy is apparently still running his mouth.

Unless you see it in print that the Hornets HAVE made the trade, consider it useless gossip.
    That's right and I am going to remember everyone here who says that JMags "sucks." At least we now know how everyone really feels. I give this whole thing a major thumbs down! Bad, bad.

Time for some football!!!

I'm not opposed to trading DW, DA, Lynch or PJ. Mash is a no brainer. He has to go!!!

If I'm trading PJ, I need something good in return. Good as in young, athletic and tall. We don't have enough front line players to trade the few "bigs" we have for wing players...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    I hate to say this but our team just reminds me of like, a junk drawer that is full of all this paper that yuo shoved in there and now it's just time to throw it all away. lol. I mean I don't mean it in a bad way.. I'm just as big a hornets fan as you guys.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    where's hornetstime?
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

I love it, an anchorman gets ripped for reporting a "dead story" and looks to me this "dead story" still has a lot of life left!
    Having good times with my friends on Hornets Report!!

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Since this is rumor, I think this thread should we be merged with the other VC to N.O. rumor.

If good C's were easy to find, teams like Dallas, Toronto, etc. wouldn't still be looking for them...

I'd rather need to fill a hole at G rather than C any day...
    I agree... good C's are damn near impossible to find. I can name the good ones on one hand... and that's if I include some PF's who are playing C, or who could play C.

That being said...

Is Mags better than Shaq, Yao, Duncan ,Gasol, J. O'Neal, Garnett? Not even close, and some of those aren't even legit centers.

He's definately a top 10... but he's right there with Illgauskas and Brad Miller.

IF you don't have a star center you're ok in the new NBA.

Look at the playoff teams from last year: Grizzlies, Nuggets, Mavs, Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Wolves, Heat, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks, Celtics, Nets, Knicks, and Hornets. Where are the star centers?

Because 2 guards are supposedly easy to find... everyone has a good one. Everyone but the Hornets. For whatever reason, the Hornets haven't been able to find a legit 2 guard.

It's easier to win a championship in the new NBA without a star center, than it is to win without a legit 2 guard.

Not only that, but the hornets need a three. And if they get Rose and Carter, they get 2 players that can play either position.

The Pistons proved this year that you don't need a center...

And don't forget that team from the 90's that won 6 NBA titles without a star center...
    Last edited by yackman; 08-01-2004 at 01:48 PM.

Umm.. i'll take the pistons' ben wallace and Rasheed wallace any day buddy. Don't act like the pistons were lacking back there!

I'm not opposed to trading DW, DA, Lynch or PJ. Mash is a no brainer. He has to go!!!

If I'm trading PJ, I need something good in return. Good as in young, athletic and tall. We don't have enough front line players to trade the few "bigs" we have for wing players...
    We don't have enough front line players to trade for wing players?

So who are our 2s and 3s? Starting Wesley and Lynch at 2 and 3 is rediculous. You could get away with that, MAYBE, if Shaq was your center... but not with Mags.

Face it... status quo... starting:
    1.BD
    2.DW
    3.Lynch
    4.PJ
    5.Mags

Definately gets you in the lottery next year... and I don't even want to buy season tickets to see them play.

This team has to shake it up. They have to do something... or it won't matter where they put the practice facility, because it will turn into a fitness center when the Hornets move cause they can't sell tickets.

New Orleans won't support a lottery team with Baron Davis as the only box office draw.

Originally posted by Chad504boy
    Umm.. i'll take the pistons' ben wallace and Rasheed wallace any day buddy. Don't act like the pistons were lacking back there!
    Neither one of them is a center.

Ben Wallace is a 6'9 power forward.
    Rasheed Wallace is a 6'11 power forward.

Rasheed Wallace avg. 16pts/6.8rebs.
    Ben Wallace avg. 9.5pts/12.4rebs.

I'd consider it a wash between the Pistons front court and the Hornets.

The difference is in the backcourts. The Pistons have Rip... the hornets have Wesley.

Advantage pistons.

It wasn't the pistons front court that won the championship... it was their backcourt.

I totally agree with yackman.

Originally posted by hornetstime
    I report it like i hear it
    Your track record says otherwise. You began your time here posting bogus trade rumors, promising that links would be available shortly and they never were.

A google search reveals nothing of Jack Armstrong talking about the Hornets as the frontrunner for Carter. Comments of that magnitude from a reputable source would have been picked up by at least ONE major news outlet...especially after the press that the initial trade rumor got.

Unless you can back it up with something other than hearsay, it's nothing more than the typical speculative trade BS that is getting out of hand on this site.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Originally posted by Chad504boy
    I love it, an anchorman gets ripped for reporting a "dead story" and looks to me this "dead story" still has a lot of life left!
    Nobody ripped Ed Daniels for the report, they debated the value of the trade and rather it had any life to it.

I don't blame Ed for reporting the "deal", maybe he could have called the Hornets to see rather it was rejected or still being talked about, but oh well, people here clarified the talks.

Ultimate Hornet fan Contributor acemic's Avatar
    Originally posted by yackman

Face it... status quo... starting:
    1.BD
    2.DW
    3.Lynch
    4.PJ
    5.Mags

Definately gets you in the lottery next year... and I don't even want to buy season tickets to see them play.

this starting 5 is not a lottery team next year and will take any fools money willing to put it up!!!!!! Sorry for the smack.

Ultimate Hornet fan Contributor acemic's Avatar
    Originally posted by ljrac
    I totally agree with yackman.
    i dont he says "Advantage pistons."

Hornets games 03-04 date and score

NOV 23 Sun @ Detroit W 81-80
    DEC 29 Mon @ Detroit L 108-99
    FEB 6 Fri Detroit W 92-81
    MARCH 23 Tue Detroit W 82-81 ( I was at this awesome game)

Hornets take series 3-1

To me Advantage HORNETS.
    Last edited by acemic; 08-01-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I tell you all this is so confusing to me. I don't even feel like keeping up with it. I'll keep up as best I can, and I know that they will do the best they can for the team.

Thread Information