Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets now the frontrunners for Vince!!!!!! {RUMOR - admin edit}

Hornets now the frontrunners for Vince!!!!!!

I don't know if any of you who live in Canada saw Sportsnetnew(You must have digital cabel and order it) but Jack Armstrong(famous basketball analysis in canada) talked about the raptors trading vince. He said right now that four teams have deals in place for Carter the the raptors are considering. He said the knicks were frontrunners before but the hornets are now the current frontrunners. He said Carter wants to go to the knicks would be equally happy if he was going to Seattle or New Orleans,

Here's how he listed it
    1-New Orleans (raps want both Brown and JMAG along with Da, but raptors have already said no to this offer, raptors however would settle for Mash if hornets can prove he can still play. iF HORNETS decide to trade Brown,Magloire,and Armstron the this deal could happen sooner then anticipated, but if hornets continue to want to only give up one of theire big men then it may take a few weeks. Raptors are also prepared to give up Bosh if necessarybut hornts would have to throw in first round picks their's also a few other guys who would have to be thrown in to make this work.

2-Seattle (Allen,Radmonavich for Carter)

3-New York

4-Clippers(the talks between these two teams is dying off because Raps mainly wanted Qrich and now that they dont have him they want brand and Maggete) Clips aren't intrested

All-Star
    magloire brown and da for carter and bosh?! do it please!

I know this is bull when I hear that the Raptors would be willing to throw in Bosh. There is no way Toronto would trade Carter and Bosh to us for those players and some number 1s (and not make us take the albatross of a contract Rose has).

I report it like i hear it

and we would still have to take Rose's contract even with Bosh sorry I did'nt make that clear, hornets would be trading Brown, Magloire,Armstrong,Wesley, and a few first rounders for Bosh,Carter,Rose

There would also be other player involved to amke it all work

Ok...

From what we all understand, this deal is supposedly dead.

But from what you're dishing out... the Hornets get Vince, Rose, and Bosh, and the Raptors aren't getting Baron Davis in exchange.

Case closed, if that's the deal... where do we sign? I'd give them Mags, PJ, Mash, DA, Wesley and a first round pick. Do they want anyone else? Throw them in too...

There is only one reason the Raptors do this. From what I understand the only person besides Vince that the Raptors believe will guarantee sell outs at Air Canada is Mags. Doesn't make sense to me... but he is from Canada. So if they say so, I beleive it... I guess.

If this deal is real.. BIG IF. The hornets are sniffin glue if they decline it.

Hey... who knows...

Mags is an All Star. He may have even been the MVP of the all star game if the east would have won last year. Given how hard it has been for them to find a center...

They'd be getting the second best center in the east, an allstar, and a young guy with a decent salary... who just happens to be a box office draw because he's from Canada.

I think you have to take what you would normally consider to be Mags value and add some points to it in a possible trade with Toronto because they would clearly value him more than any other team in the league...

Again.. if the hornets pass... they'd have to be smokin the wacky tobacky..."the Ricky icky"!!!

wow. i wouldn't mind parting with magloire and brown if we get VC and Bosh, even if we have to take Rose's contract. if they'll take mash, then that's even better (i wouldn't count on it, though). Davis, Carter, Rose, and Bosh (and oh yeah, a gaping hole in the middle)., that would be nice.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Originally posted by yackman
    I'd give them Mags, PJ, Mash, DA, Wesley and a first round pick. Do they want anyone else? Throw them in too....
    Yackman, I do agree (to an extent) with you when you said that the Hornets are sniffing glue if they decline the trade. However, I don't agree that we should give them 5 players (3 of them starters), and a 1st round pick, just for VC, and JRose (and possibly Chris Bosh). I checked the trade on RealGM, and it was accepted, however, i didn't put in the 1st round pick (cause i didn't know how).

i put this in RealGM's trade checker, what do you think?

New Orleans trades: C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.8 minutes)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.4 minutes)
    SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 38.4 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.8 minutes)
    PG Darrell Armstrong (10.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9 apg in 28.5 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)
    SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    PF Jerome Moiso (2.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.9 minutes)
    PF Chris Bosh (11.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -7.1 ppg, -5.0 rpg, and -1.3 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 82 games)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 61 games)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
    SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19 games)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 78 games)
    PG Darrell Armstrong (10.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9 apg in 79 games)
    Change in team outlook: +7.1 ppg, +5.0 rpg, and +1.3 apg

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Originally posted by HK-47
    i put this in RealGM's trade checker, what do you think?

New Orleans trades: C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.8 minutes)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.4 minutes)
    SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 38.4 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.8 minutes)
    PG Darrell Armstrong (10.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9 apg in 28.5 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -7.1 ppg, -5.0 rpg, and -1.3 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 36.5 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 82 games)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 61 games)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
    SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19 games)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 78 games)
    PG Darrell Armstrong (10.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9 apg in 79 games)
    Change in team outlook: +7.1 ppg, +5.0 rpg, and +1.3 apg
    I doubt that either of the teams would want to give up that much. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting Moiso back, but each team really doesn't need to give up 5 players.

Gerry V's #1 FAN!! Contributor
    shutup about vince already, they want magz and were not giving him up!!! all this vince talk is making me insane!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    DUDE IF WE GET BOSH IN RETURN THEN IT'S ALL FRICKEN GOOD!

not that i hate magloire, but really, i don't see him becoming much better than he is right now. and i'm worried that he may get really upset at the hornets if he doesn't get dealt to toronto. the last thing we need is for him to become another mash...

and by the way, the player i REALLY want to get from Toronto isn't VC, it's Chris Bosh. from what he showed last year i wouldn't be surprised if he eventually becomes better than Jermaine O'Neal

I love how all these sports guys keep running with a dead deal. The Hornets already refused to make any deal that included JMag and PJ for VC, yet this guy is apparently still running his mouth.

Unless you see it in print that the Hornets HAVE made the trade, consider it useless gossip.

well, at least they give hopeful fans something to talk about...

If they include Bosh, and anyone on this board doesn't think it's a good deal... then they're nuts.

Magliore is no doubt a beast down low. But what has he done that's so special over the course of his career so far that any other mediocre center hasn't done?

We could potentially dump Mash and receive all the offense and high octane in the world to thrive in Scott's system. Magliore will do crappy in Scott's system because we'll be done on offense by the time he gets to the other end of the court. This is why they got Anderson and don't give a hoot about letting Tractor go.

Baron
    Vince
    Rose
    West
    Bosh

That right there puts the Hornets into the top 4 spots in the West.

Oh, I'd take Bosh in a heartbeat if it's Bosh and VC and then throw in a draft pick. But I wouldn't give up JMag for VC without getting someone else to play down low.

yeah, we need SOME size in return. Bosh is gonna be a big time PF, I wonder if they'd really include him.

Ok. Question?

Would you trade PJ, Mash, and a 1st round pick, for Rose and Bosh?

I would. Rose can play 3 positions and in my HO (humble opinion), is better than Mash. Bosh is a star in the making. He's being call Jermaine O'Neal like... the player the Pacers wouldn't give up for Shaq. So if you can get Rose and Bosh, get rid of Mash, and all it cost you is PJ and a 1st... you have to make that trade.

SO...essentially what you're talking about is, do you trade Mags for Vince. NEWS FLASH... Mags aint sellin no tickets. At least not for the hornets. He would however sell tickets for the Raptors. Vince on the other hand...

True Story:

A guy called my office the other day and asked me if I'd be interseted in buying a package of Hornets tickets... I got his name and number and told him I'd call him back when the Hornets got Vince Carter.

Vince Carter instantly gets the hornets on national TV, sells tickets and souvenirs, and gives them another scorer to compete in the west.

If I own the hornets, I can't refuse a VC for Mags trade straight up.

Now throw in the first part, where we get Bosh and Rose, and this deal is too sweet to pass up. Nobody else in the league values Mags as much as the Raptors do, so right now, because VC wants out, Mags value is at its peak.

This is like buying Pets.com low and then selling high before the internet bubble burst.

Now who wouldn't want to that?!?

Your analogy assumes Mags is on the decline, an opinion I do not share. I think VC is much closer to the downside than Mags and big men are extremely hard to get.

Originally posted by hornetstime
    I report it like i hear it
    I'm not saying that you are reporting bull, but that the reporter, whoever he is, is reporting bull. It is wishful thinkning, at best, to think that Toronto would include both VC and Bosh. They are building their team around Bosh for the future. There is absolutely no way, no how, that they would include him in that sort of deal.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Like I said this deal only works if they're willing to deal Bosh in return. IF it is true it would have to happen soon so we could get on our horse and find another big man (Clark, Jabari, ect.) before FA is up...

I like the premise of Bosh playing for us even more so than VC. The point is if this deal is to go through (which I highly doubt). The Hornets need to play hard ball.

They need to stress to Toronto that VC wants out and they have a major issue with Rose. So we have the bargaining power.....not them. JMags leaves only if Bosh is coming here. We do not take Rose and not unload Mash to them.........period. I dont mind giving them a lottery protected pick next year or so.

But most of all this talk is wishful thinking. I guarantee that next year VC will be in a Knicks uniform because Isaiah is anal about getting him. So he'll take the bait and give up too much. Like the saying goes there is a sucker born every day and im glad the Hornets arent the suckers of the league.

No Bosh, No Mags............regardless of VC because he wants out anyway.
    CP3, Armstrong, DX, C-Simm...I have faith in the future!

Thread Information