Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: David West

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    I'm shocked. i thought they would pick Dupree. I think this is a good pick. I saw the McDonald's All High School game and he was a solid player
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

Basketball Guru Contributor
    Originally posted by Jwho77
    James Lang, Alabama
    The line: 6-9, 316, HS Senior
    The skinny: Lang had a great camp in Chicago but his lack of size and weight issues are keeping him down right now. He's a talented scorer around the basket and knows how to use his body to get separation. He's also fundamentally very solid. However, Lang has even more serious conditioning issues. He dropped 50 pounds this year just to get down to 313. Scouts consider him a good athlete and love how aggressively he plays the game. He's a solid rebounder and a good shot blocker, but stamina is a major issue. He also is very foul prone. If he went to school and proved to scouts he could stay in great shape, he'd could be a lottery pick in a few years. As it stands now, he has an outside chance at the first round if he works out well and stays in shape.
    Tractor II!

Originally posted by AGERMANHORNETSF
    i heard that James Lang is one of the bets 3 C's available in this years dtaft...sounds like a great pick to me!!!

we'll see what they can do as early as in the summer league or the pre-season!!!

GO HORNETS!!!
    From what I heard, there won't be any summer league play for the Hornets.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    When will the Hornets realize we are moving to the WESTERN conference. A 6'9 center just wont make it and he weighs 2 tons, so he cant jump.

This is a good pick, he is huge.

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

From what I heard, there won't be any summer league play for the Hornets.
    thanks GA, so i think we have to wait until mid-October to see any action from this players!!!

GO HORNETS!!!

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I don't know anything about him, but I like big huge guys who play basketball. At worst they collect fouls in place of the starters and are generally good rebounders.

Mags is our only true center, so hopefully this guy will make the squad and get a chance to develop.

Originally posted by alon504

Tractor II!
    Maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

I heard Lang was 6'11 305

All-Star
    James Lang
    NBA Position: Center
    College: None
    Class: HS Senior
    Ht: 6-11
    Wt: 305
    Hometown: Birmingham, AL
    High School: Central Park Christian
    Strengths: Has size and explosiveness. Lang is a wide-bodied post player who tips the scales at around 305 lbs. Will be able to bang in the league right away. Body could use some toning and trimming but it doesn't stop him from hurting those in his way. Plays with a tenacity that coaches beg for in their bigmen. Will be a force in the league in a few years. Surprisingly athletic and mobile for his size. Has no problem running the floor, as his stamina has greatly improved. Has great hands and utilizes his size effectively in the post. Has shown the ability to consistently score down low. Attacks the rim with a mean-streak that few players have. An excellent rebounder especially on the offensive end.

Weaknesses: At 305 lbs. Lang could still stand to lose some weight. Jump shot is nonexistent past 12 feet. Shooting touch must improve. Needs to play more consistently to be a major factor at the next level. His defense needs to be a little better as he will get in foul trouble because he plays too hard at times. Footwork can improve the most and take him to another level. College would benefit his long term potential, however, it's uncertain if he will decide to go that route.

Notes: One year ago Lang weighed around 350 lbs. With a strict diet and a lot of training, he showed his desire to improve by dropping down to 280 this summer before gaining some of it back. Was the third leading shot-blocker during the 2002 ABCD All-American camp

I want to see some tape on him of course they arent going to show anything. I have a feeling this will be a guy the hornets trade good pick though.

hey, the kid's only 18! he can still grow....not like there are a ton of prototypical 7-1 centers out there! Unless you want us to pick some Euro that won't be eligible to play for 3 years! Lang is a kid with alot of size and upside. This guy was a monster at the Chicago Pre-draft camp.
    I'm not a player I just, well you know the rest....

Seems we're getting conflicting info. Where's the link master?

All-Star
    Well, he is listed between 6'9" and 6'11". So, split the difference and call him 6'10"

From what I've read, this guy would have been a top 5 pick in 2 years. But, he wanted to take the hard route, and it cost him. But, we have a true center prospect here. He has great talent if he works hard on refining his skills and keeps the weight off.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    He's the 2nd round pick. No solid contract, and he is going to have to make the team. He is project. Since we are moving to the West, it won't kill us to have a big back up center developing. Most 2nd round picks are lucky to make the team.

West is the most important pick tonight, which I feel was a solid pick for us at 18. I wonder if have any trades in the works, or ideas on how to beef up our back court, with those two picks we are really set at PF/C (if we keep PJ).

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    6'11 gooood 6'9 baaaaad Which one is it?

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/jameslang.htm

James Lang
    Birthdate:
    NBA Position: Center
    College:
    Class: HS Senior
    Ht: 6-11
    Wt: 305
    Hometown: Birmingham, AL
    High School: Central Park Christian

If I remember right he measured in at 6'9 but I cant remember if that was with or without shoes. Also he is supposed to have a very good reach for his size.

according to sportsline he has a huge wingspan which makes up for what he lacks in height

This is a great pick, We get a young C (18) with good size (6'11 305)

Can anyone get any tape on him I would like to see him for myself. Espn sucks they could have showed him in the Mcdonald allstar game if anything.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    Originally posted by NOSA
    If I remember right he measured in at 6'9 but I cant remember if that was with or without shoes. Also he is supposed to have a very good reach for his size.

Unles he plays in 2 inch heels, he cany be 6'11.

Yeah shoes only add an inch so it's not much difference.

Langs Draft camp numbers:
    day 1 - 15 points(4-6 fg, 7-8 ft), 6 boards
    day 2 - 14 points(5-7 fg), 6 boards
    day 3 - 2 points(1-3 fg), dont know about boards

2 out of 3 good days aint bad lol.

http://www.chicagobulls.com/bulls/ne...ft_030606.html

http://ocsn.rivals.com/viewprospect....ey=391&sport=2

Mobile (AL)
    Central Park Christian
    Center

Height: 6-foot-11
    Weight: 300 pounds

Bio Notes: James Lang averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds per game during his junior season.

Video Clips Here:http://ocsn.rivals.com/viewprospect....ey=391&sport=2

Thread Information