.
Pelicans Report
 
  • Recent Forum Posts

    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    Why?

    Pelicanidae 04-26-2019, 04:54 AM Go to last post
    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    The only players who I would give a bust chance that low, like 5 or 10%, would be older players with more years under their belt like Deandre Hunter.

    Pelicanidae 04-26-2019, 04:52 AM Go to last post
    HoustonRox

    NBA Coach Firings Thread

    Monty was fired because he’s an awful coach and his coaching record represents that.

    He’s a great person with amazing character

    HoustonRox 04-26-2019, 03:39 AM Go to last post
    HoustonRox

    NBA Coach Firings Thread

    I thought Dave Joerger would surely get more interviews for openings than he’s had thus far.

    HoustonRox 04-26-2019, 03:37 AM Go to last post
    smcgull

    Redden Incoming?

    David Griffin won a championship and this guy helped to build last seasons Clippers team, who are in the playoffs. This front office is coming together.

    smcgull 04-26-2019, 12:00 AM Go to last post
    Tinman

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    I want Cam Johnson ! Period. Pending on how many 1st rounders we have- I also want Tyler Herro .

    Tinman 04-25-2019, 07:22 PM Go to last post
    Mythrol

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    In your example I'd have Okpala's bust chance lower and Bol Bol's (due to injury) higher.

    Probably something like 15% vs 45%. Or even let's

    Mythrol 04-25-2019, 06:57 PM Go to last post
    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    If there is, let's say, a 25% chance that Bol Bol becomes a star, a 37% chance that he's a mediocre-to-good role player, and 38% chance he's a total bust,

    Pelicanidae 04-25-2019, 06:51 PM Go to last post
    Mythrol

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    I guess where we see it differently is I don't look at it as a 50/50 (coin flip) chance that Bol becomes a star or amounts to nothing. I probably put

    Mythrol 04-25-2019, 06:01 PM Go to last post
    tdcreator

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    The only big I’d grab early is Zion, after that I wouldn’t pick one till the mid to late 20’s. I would take my chances with wings of

    tdcreator 04-25-2019, 03:48 PM Go to last post
    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    Not that I know of, in regards to injury.

    I get that, but the way I'm seeing it is that we're looking for a star, or at least a very high

    Pelicanidae 04-25-2019, 03:42 PM Go to last post
    Mythrol

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    Were any of those players actively recovering from a serious injury when they were drafted? I think the difference is those players fell because of doubts

    Mythrol 04-25-2019, 03:22 PM Go to last post
    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    The issue is that I think the NBA in general has moved on from that. It used to be the case that if there was a player with high potential but high risk,

    Pelicanidae 04-25-2019, 03:01 PM Go to last post
    Mythrol

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    It's not necessarily that I think there are 12 better players. It's about balancing the risk against the reward. Bol is high risk high reward. I understand

    Mythrol 04-25-2019, 02:48 PM Go to last post
    Pelicanidae

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    I suppose my question is, who are the 12 or so players in this draft you take before you take Bol? Obviously Zion. Ja Morant, sure. Even if you're not

    Pelicanidae 04-25-2019, 02:30 PM Go to last post
    Mythrol

    Griff on “The Jump” show

    We all good. It appears someone might have been saying that but certainly not me. Lol. If we were outside of the top 9 or so picks I'd be more open to

    Mythrol 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM Go to last post