Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowturd bashing New Orleans?

Colin Cowturd bashing New Orleans?

Has anyone heard what this guy said? I haven't. Apparently he's bashing New Orleans and wants to know why NOLA has become host to so many sporting events.

http://www.wwltv.com/around-the-web/...153030995.html

http://www.wwl.com/pages/10773651.php?pid=241676

Hey Cowturd....

Banned
    Did not hear it, but I have heard enough of Cowherd to know he is a nerdy, overopinionated moron. I cannot stand listening to the guy (or most others on ESPN). The world of 'sports journalism' has really gone downhill. ESPN has like over 100 anchors, most of whom are terrible and they constantly cover only TMZ-esque 'sports news.' Cowherd is no different, he, and others like Skip Bayless, like to get on air not by having a vast knowledge of the sporting world, but my making outlandish and offensive comments to shock and awe people. Cowherd is a clown.

I am from New Orleans and all homerism aside, you can say plenty bad about this city and it would be fair, HOWEVER, not regarding event hosting. We have shown to be a first class city for big time events time and time again with every sport. I'd love a show where ESPN puts their trash hosts up againts an everyday sports fan and let them go at it so they can just abuse these gossip queens....it's really, really sad to watch guys have no interest in actually talking about the 'sport' in sports, yet are paid to supposedly do so. Give me a break.

Not to mention his voice may be top 5 most irritating of all time.
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 05-23-2012 at 09:05 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's a superficial, stuck up ******bag. What else is new?

You can reach him at [email protected] - I know I did.

Hi,

I'm writing for the sole purpose of letting Mr. Cowherd know how incredibly wrong he is about the city of New Orleans. Never have I written an e-mail about something I disagree with on the radio, but Mr. Cowherd's rant about his spontaneously-generated thoughts on New Orleans are drastically ugly, insulting, and patently false.*

You can't simply say that you're "not taking a shot at New Orleans," and then follow that with potshot after potshot. Some comments, such as a bad location in relation to the rest of the U.S. are simply bewildering beyond belief. I almost don't know how to argue with someone who can't recall first grade US geography.

I'm truly sorry for whatever experience (or what would be unsurprising to me, complete lack thereof) Mr. Cowherd has had in close proximity to the "dangers" of the city. I've been living here for 6 years, in multiple parts of the city, and never have I ever experienced anything remotely resembling violence. Those responsible for nearly ALL of the murders know their victims, have personal vendettas relating to drugs, and resolve their vendettas in the WRONG way. If he truly thinks that tourists regularly become victims to random acts of violence like you infer, I suggest that Mr. Cowherd takes some time in his radio program to re-think his words.*

Have you ever heard of an extreme breakout of violence in response to one of the many sporting events that New Orleans now hosts? Me neither. The Saints won the Super Bowl and the people reveled in the midst of coming back from the worst catastrophe in US history. No shootings. No riots. I have heard of those violent reactions, though. They mostly exist in LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, etc. You get the point.*

I have the utmost respect for others' opinions, but this wasn't an opinion. It was an unwarranted tongue-lashing. If I could only paint a picture for you or Mr. Cowherd of what this city has overcome, and how it has blossomed in the past five years, I could. However, you can't accurately present those thoughts in an e-mail, only a visit here, which I think Mr. Cowherd should really consider, if he can overcome the "fright."

Thank you for reading.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337782567.918271.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	3828

This is for the dumb a** who says we are the most violent city! We have been number 8 I believe in crime rate for the past 2 years!
    And to me it literally sounds like he's referring to the African American community, like all of us African Americans are violent!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

If you don't like it turn it off?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If you don't like it turn it off?
    Pretty great answer, which I'm sure she (like most of us) did, however this is a forum and its purpose is for people to voice opinions about stuff like this. It would seem like someone who has the kind of great advice you put forth would follow that mode of thinking for posts as well and just simply not post if you have nothing substantive to bring to it. Never understood the point of post like this...

Yea he's the same guy that said the Hornets would relocate or something. The guy is wrong 80% of the time and will never take callers that disagree with him

Probably so in the future rather than get cheesed at Cowherd for speaking stupidity and causing you frustration, you avoid him and have a good day.

Pretty simple, unless you live to hold a grudge against somebody.

Banned
    There's not frustration or grudge...the OP and myself were simply using the forum for its intended purpose of sharing our opinion on the guy. For the record I don't listen to him, but just saying this is a place for dialogue and no one is seeking advice on how to stop Cowherd from 'causing frustration.' I'm not trying to jump down your throat, but the "well then don't listen"-type of posts are pointless when a person is simply bringing an opinion on a matter to a forum that functions off of posts like this. I'd just rather see someone add to the conversation rather than a post such as that one.

I've read some of your stuff though and you're a good dude, I'm just saying. This only makes me hate Cowherd even more.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    There's not frustration or grudge...the OP and myself were simply using the forum for its intended purpose of sharing our opinion on the guy. For the record I don't listen to him, but just saying this is a place for dialogue and no one is seeking advice on how to stop Cowherd from 'causing frustration.' I'm not trying to jump down your throat, but the "well then don't listen"-type of posts are pointless when a person is simply bringing an opinion on a matter to a forum that functions off of posts like this. I'd just rather see someone add to the conversation rather than a post such as that one.

I've read some of your stuff though and you're a good dude, I'm just saying. This only makes me hate Cowherd even more.
    I agree. And when I originally made the thread, I hadn't listened to Cowturd which I stated in my post. I still haven't but since I made the post, I've read some of the things he's said. I posted it to get other peoples thoughts on it.

I can just as well say 'just skip this thread' which is just as easy as someone saying 'turn it off'. One (especially longtime posters) should know by the title (whenever Cowherd's name is mentioned) that there will be frustration by some in this thread so before clicking, just skip the thread and it will save YOU from frustration.

It's SOP for Cowherd to take shots at New Orleans. He had long said an NBA team wouldn't work here. He's just another outsider who looks at all the empirical data, and all the city's flaws and just doesn't understand what the appeal is. He's also a Yankees, Lakers and Cowboys apologist, FWIW.

He is clearly not looking at the industry centered around tourism and hospitality.

The world wants us to throw parties for them.

I'm not sure why folks mistake the effects for the causes.

It funny how opposing fans(even many local fans) are afaird to go to Raiders, 49ers, or Dodgers games out of fear for all the gang bangers yet nobody nationally critizes L.A.. Yet we have a high crime rate that's really non related to tourist and we're not a good location.

The Ritz Carlton or Canal st was rank as a top 5 hotel in the US. We handle event all year round that doubles and triples the city population yet we can't handle a Pro Bowl?

He clearly went on a rant with very little relevant info and put his foot in his mouth. Not the first time for him won't be the last.

I dont have to watch the video. Never liked this guy to begin with. He is by far waasaaaay worser then Skip Bayless. He is the Michael Cole of ESPN
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

He's a guy who doesn't believe in small markets.

I'm not really offended at all.

What's one person's bad opinion to millions of people's great opinions of the city?

If you watch Sportsnation, you'll find that he is always hating on small markets or just anything he doesn't like. He goes with the popular opinion, one could call him a "bandwagoner"

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Hearing these types of comments wouldn't bother me that much if there wasn't an actual group of listeners that will now lean toward hating New Orleans due to these stupid comments.

Obviously you can't control what everyone thinks, but that's the only part that bothers me. The fact that this BS might actually sway some people's opinion of the city.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    As David Stern once told Colin... "don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion."

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    He's called Cowterd for a reason. Also, New Orleans essentially created the modern day Super Bowl experience. It used to be just a game until it came to N.O. in the early 80's. That and the NCAA basketball final when Jordan was at NC cemented N.O. as the place for big events. I should also mention major boxing title fights at the dome had a huge effect on N.O. becoming the spot. Ask any writer about their preferences for a city to host and 99% will say N.O. That's why we get the events Cowterd!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Hearing these types of comments wouldn't bother me that much if there wasn't an actual group of listeners that will now lean toward hating New Orleans due to these stupid comments.

Obviously you can't control what everyone thinks, but that's the only part that bothers me. The fact that this BS might actually sway some people's opinion of the city.
    This. If I have any problems with half *** facts and misguided opinions are the affect it could have on somebody who may have been on the fense about comjng to NOLA.

Hall of Famer
    It's Colin Cowherd. You've just gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt and a pint of alcohol. ESPN too, for that matter.

Why do you even listen to that guy? I tried to listen to him a couple of times, but I can't make it through a whole show. He's not really even a sports fan. He talks only about the business side (from an elitist point of view) of sports and not about what goes on in between the lines. He wants to be the Rush Limbaugh of sports radio shows where he just makes statements solely to get attention in order to get ratings. His views have no substance and whenever people prove him wrong he doesn't admit it and sticks to his meaningless idea.
    You should listen to the Van Pelt show. That's the best show on espn radio. They actually talk about sports and are hilarious. They bash Colin ALL THE TIME about how he doesn't watch sports and is such a ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Why do you even listen to that guy? I tried to listen to him a couple of times, but I can't make it through a whole show. He's not really even a sports fan. He talks only about the business side (from an elitist point of view) of sports and not about what goes on in between the lines. He wants to be the Rush Limbaugh of sports radio shows where he just makes statements solely to get attention in order to get ratings. His views have no substance and whenever people prove him wrong he doesn't admit it and sticks to his meaningless idea.
    You should listen to the Van Pelt show. That's the best show on espn radio. They actually talk about sports and are hilarious. They bash Colin ALL THE TIME about how he doesn't watch sports and is such a ******.
    Love your avatar man

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    If people stopped listening/posting about Colin Cowherd he wouldn't have a show to say stuff like this on -- he's a shock jock.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Love your avatar man
    Thanks dude!

Thread Information