44 30.99%
  • Krewe

57 40.14%
  • Brass

41 28.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

Kreme or Brass. I really don't like Pelicans. I'm on record as saying I'd rather Hornets. At the end of the day I will support my hometown team but don't expect me to buy any crap with the name Pelicans on it.

The Franchise
    I like the "Witch Doctors" myself.

And Pelicans is actually winning at the moment...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Something funny is definetly going on. Hilariously funny.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I still prefer Voodoo over any other option out there. Out of these three I like Brass the most. Starting not to care what the name is though.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    These you can stomach but not Pelicans? I swear some of you people are bat**** insane! No offense, but it just blows my mind...
    I don't even consider people who like Pelicans bat **** insane. If this were for a new MLB team I'd even like Pelicans. I personally don't like it for an NBA team. In that context I disdain it and those other names are a better fit...to me.

Now, if you want to regain some IQ points, I'd suggest not calling someone bat**** insane then putting "no offense" in the same sentence. Ate too many fish heads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Something funny is definetly going on. Hilariously funny.
    It's just that everyone who didn't care or doesn't like brass or krewe is voting for the name already announced

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Either way, it his hilarious to me.

If I posted this on my facebook. I'm sure we would get tons of new members just to vote this if the outrage is as bad as they are acting

Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees
    Another option for our hoop team…the New Orleans Brass

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees
    Another option for our hoop team…the New Orleans Brass
    Yea lol Drew doesn't seem to like it. he mentioned Krewe and Cajuns also. Call up Benson Drew!

oh well if the million dollar man doesn't like..well we'll just have to re-consider.

you guys realize there is a football team named The Dolphins right.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't even consider people who like Pelicans bat **** insane. If this were for a new MLB team I'd even like Pelicans. I personally don't like it for an NBA team. In that context I disdain it and those other names are a better fit...to me.

Now, if you want to regain some IQ points, I'd suggest not calling someone bat**** insane then putting "no offense" in the same sentence. Ate too many fish heads?
    Lighten up, just 'cause you're insane doesn't mean I hate you :P I just can't take you seriously when you like a terrible name like that and can't stomach Pelicans. It's like a Justin Bieber fan critisizing my taste in music. Things like these are obviously subjective, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

And for the record I prefer sheep heads.

I voted Krewe, although I'd be happy with either of the three.

Krewe > Pelicans > Brass then a big drop off to the next group like Dukes/Pilots/Knights/Gators/Crescents then a massive drop off to garbage like ArcAngels/NeoNights/MudBugs.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Lighten up, just 'cause you're insane doesn't mean I hate you :P I just can't take you seriously when you like a terrible name like that and can't stomach Pelicans. It's like a Justin Bieber fan critisizing my taste in music. Things like these are obviously subjective, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

Still, it's asinine to call people names for having differing opinions.

im starting to like brass.. we can incorporate brass knuckles in the logo

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Still, it's asinine to call people names for having differing opinions.
    When the opinion becomes asinine I stop caring.

Rookie
    Ladies and Genlemen your New Orleans Brass!!! New Orleans is all about music and since we can't have the Jazz back the Brass would be an excellant choice. I can see a cool logo with a NOLA BRASS PLAYER spinning a basketball ball in one hand and playing a sax in the other hand. I also think we should have live jazz music at the games like we had last year. The few games I was able to attend the music was excellant and gave the arena a real positive vibe. Good music has always been a New Orleans trademark. As a kid I will never forget Al Hirt at the early Saints game in Tulane Stadium it was a very cool and hip atmosphere. Geaux BRASS!!!!

PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

I'm convinced Bensons camp leaked that story to see if the fan base would like Pelicans. Since everyone seemed to hate it, it's scratched off the list. And I am not going to be convinced otherwise. HOPEFUL. Lol

Dumb example. Music has very obvious lines in the form of genres, which the Bieber camp belongs to the Pop scene. We all know what that scene is about. Here, however, are about just random names with nothing to bind them into groups like music. HIGHLY more subjective than music obviously.

As for the poll, it's interesting that Pelicans can now overtake Brass when before the announcement, Brass blew it out the water everytime. I'd be curious to know if this is some type of human emotional syndrome at play.

We've had quite a few polls on this topic and I was curious so I went back to find some and I haven't come across one where BOTH Pelicans AND Brass were included together giving Brass a chance to blow Pelicans out of the water. I thought I was going to see Pelicans in the polls because it had been brought up lots of times. Or maybe you meant everytime Pelican was mentioned in a renaming thread people said they'd rather Brass (no poll included)?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I could easily live with this poll if it came down to it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...9,r:2,s:0,i:93
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    We've had quite a few polls on this topic and I was curious so I went back to find some and I haven't come across one where BOTH Pelicans AND Brass were included together giving Brass a chance to blow Pelicans out of the water. I thought I was going to see Pelicans in the polls because it had been brought up lots of times. Or maybe you meant everytime Pelican was mentioned in a renaming thread people said they'd rather Brass (no poll included)?
    There is the poll on page 1 of this thread that included both, and other polls where Pelicans was always near the bottom (Saintsreport). I also could have sworn one of the polls done here had Pelicans make the cut, but Brass either won or was a close 2nd. If not, it's even worse that Pelicans didn't even make the cut to put on a poll.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is the poll on page 1 of this thread that included both, and other polls where Pelicans was always near the bottom (Saintsreport). I also could have sworn one of the polls done here had Pelicans make the cut, but Brass either won or was a close 2nd. If not, it's even worse that Pelicans didn't even make the cut to put on a poll.
    Oh yeah, I know this one on page one has both Brass and Pelicans but the ones I looked at after Benson bought the team didn't have both. Nobody put it in a poll but there were quite a few saying they liked or didn't mind Pelicans. Of course there were some saying they hated it too. Like I said though, I was surprised that as much as Pelicans had been talked about, no one put it in the polls. Even talking about how Benson owned the name, I didn't see it in the polls. At least not in any of the polls I looked at here.

Thread Information