Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eric Gordon Unable to Give Clarity on Knee Injury

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I think it was Dr. Kervorkian given the outcome.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    They must be crazy because he's DR. JAMES ANDREWS!
    James Andrews turned a broken Drew Brees into a first ballot HOFer....nuff said. if I was Gordon AS SOON as I felt any pain I'm telling Andrews to scrub up, open him up, and fix ANYTHING you see.
    Last edited by Miss_318; 11-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm starting to be of the opinion that Eric Gordon died last year and our medical staff just didn't catch it.

Handwerger: Future is bright for Hornets with or without Gordon

NEW ORLEANS — Tony Parker sat in front of his locker in the visiting locker room at the New Orleans Arena on Wednesday, his shoulder wrapped in ice.

While savvy veteran had just put a dagger in the Hornets’ hearts with a last-minute 3-pointer that led to the Spurs' 99-95 win, he wasn’t looking back at that shot.

Instead, he was looking forward. Specifically, he was prognosticating the future.

“You have to give them a lot of credit,” Parker, the San Antonio standout guard, said. “They fight. They played great tonight. They’re going to be good in 2-3 years. They’re going to be good.”

Parker is right. The Hornets could be that good team, with one condition – Eric Gordon has to play.

Gordon is the player the Hornets were missing against San Antonio, the late-game assassin who would have taken a better shot than Greivis Vasquez was able to get off when the team needed a shot to match Parker’s.

But Gordon didn’t participate in training camp and is out indefinitely, meaning he’s the soft prima donna who doesn’t appear to be worth the four-year, $58 million max contract he signed this summer. At least, he hasn’t shown it yet.

He has a mysterious right knee injury that was supposed to be fixed with surgery this spring but was still giving him and the training staff as well as head coach Monty Williams fits. Wednesday morning, Williams said the Hornets were still looking for some clarity on the injury.

Gordon is a difference maker and if he’s in the lineup against San Antonio, the Hornets have a much better shot at walking out the Arena with a win. They have a player who has in his career hit big-time shots at big-time moments.

Instead, they left the Arena with a moral victory, though not a bad one.

For New Orleans, just looking across the floor provided a valuable enough experience.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...176709841.html

Thought this was interesting:

@hortonhomers
    Note to Hornets fans in a furor over EGordon's injury. Most major contracts in NBA are insured up to (around) 80%. Doctor report is HUGE!

Waves to Bob Licht.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Thought this was interesting:

Note to Hornets fans in a furor over EGordon's injury. Most major contracts in NBA are insured up to (around) 80%. Doctor report is HUGE!
    I wonder if that can relieve the cap space used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I don't think they do -- which is really the main concern of fans. Don't really care if Benson saves $10 million or not... he just donated that much to Brother Martin a couple of hours ago.

Pretty much we've been getting lied to this whole time and wool placed over our eyes. I mean come on man, this is kind of disrespectful to wait for the season to start and NOW all of a sudden confess that there's a bigger problem with the knee. Also, this could've been 100% preventable had he not tried to play in the Olympics.

I don't only blame him but I also blame Demps and Monty because it seems as if they kinda had some knowledge of this guy's issue but didn't want to say anything unless they absolutely had to make a statement. Just a few days ago Demps said he wanted to process more "information" as in medical information from Gordon's doctors, dude why not just tell us this BEFORE the season started???!?!?!?!

So we now know we weren't simply resting Gordon during preseason, we were waiting to see if his knee was in less enough pain to potentially play.

This is BS, man.

I understand that we are all out of patience in this situation, but to me, I think Gordon is looking at his future in the league. 99% of all professional athletes are crazy egomaniacs who love the "positive" attention and limelight. Very rarely do players take big checks and do nothing. Yes, they often to not work AS HARD after fat contracts, but it is rare that they just quit.

IMO, Gordon is legitimately feeling pain, and being told that he should be feeling no pain. This is scaring Gordon. He had three full practices this week without limitations correct? It is clear that he can work through the pain, he is just worried that he may be doing permanent damage to his body.

There is a pretty big difference between knowing why you have pain, being able to play through it, and have clear understanding that the pain you feel is not ruining your body. Athletes in all sports battle this regularly.

When you have a situation where there should be NO pain, the pain is there, and no one can explain why....... this is a different situation all together. IMO Gordon is trying not to push himself until he can get some concrete answers. Yes it is frustrating, yes we would have probably won last night if he was on the court, but we are building for the future. A few extra losses at the beginning of this season will be nothing compared to having Gordon lost forever. I am still holding out hope that he will get the answers he needs, and we will see him performing at a high level for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    I understand that we are all out of patience in this situation, but to me, I think Gordon is looking at his future in the league. 99% of all professional athletes are crazy egomaniacs who love the "positive" attention and limelight. Very rarely do players take big checks and do nothing. Yes, they often to not work AS HARD after fat contracts, but it is rare that they just quit.

IMO, Gordon is legitimately feeling pain, and being told that he should be feeling no pain. This is scaring Gordon. He had three full practices this week without limitations correct? It is clear that he can work through the pain, he is just worried that he may be doing permanent damage to his body.

There is a pretty big difference between knowing why you have pain, being able to play through it, and have clear understanding that the pain you feel is not ruining your body. Athletes in all sports battle this regularly.

When you have a situation where there should be NO pain, the pain is there, and no one can explain why....... this is a different situation all together. IMO Gordon is trying not to push himself until he can get some concrete answers. Yes it is frustrating, yes we would have probably won last night if he was on the court, but we are building for the future. A few extra losses at the beginning of this season will be nothing compared to having Gordon lost forever. I am still holding out hope that he will get the answers he needs, and we will see him performing at a high level for us this year.
    Uhh... So why go out and try to be in the OLYMPICS??? If you care so much about your body, then why risk damaging it to play in the international spotlight? We've been dealt a raw deal

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Uhh... So why go out and try to be in the OLYMPICS??? If you care so much about your body, then why risk damaging it to play in the international spotlight? We've been dealt a raw deal
    I don't know but I can say this. If he's really injured, he may look back at that and realize it's probably something he shouldn't have done. He should've rested and strengthened that knee up until Hornets training camp. IF he's really injured that is.

Like Monty said, he didn't listen when people told him to sit out and it probably cost him 4 or 5 years of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    He said it happened after that. Idk whats really up but he did say that.

I am through with this clown. I haven't posted here in a while but I must with this situation. On the Clippers, he cries about not getting the ball. Then he gets traded and cries about being traded. Plays a few games and he's gone. Then he cries about the offer and claims "he deserves a max contract". Becomes "healthy" and becomes butthurt when he doesn't make the Olympic team due to the fact "he wouldn't be comfortable with coming off the bench.". Then he cries about our draft and that he doesn't feel wanted by the team and says "his heart is in PHX". Then he gets injured again and come with this crap!?!

I'm done. EG thinks he is this godly player who deserves everything but he doesnt deserve crap. He got paid because of his potential, not because of what he has done. What has he proven? That he can be a good player when on the court, BUT HE'S NEVER ON THE COURT! And once again he is sidelined by an "injury" that's not serious but serious enough to keep him off the court indefinitely. :/

I don't know about you guys but this doesn't smell right. I wouldn't trade this clown. I would let him sit and rot on the bench since he wants to claim he's injured. I know what it is. He didn't care that Rivers was drafted, he cared that DAVIS was drafted. He's scared Davis is gonna steal his shine just like Griffin did in LA. He wants to be a star, send him to some crappy team and let's get us a lottery pick and some young talent. I was on this guy but now I'm off. Good riddance.

This guy is the Bob Sanders of the NBA. And that's not even a fair comparison because Bob took a paycut and actually played close to a full season.

No structural damage but you're out indefinitely? Gimmie a break. NEXT! (Anthony Davis Avatar coming soon.)

The problem here compared to players like Grant Hill and even Baron Davis is it was clear that these guys were injured. You saw them either try to play through injuries on the floor, or you saw it happen on the floor. With this guy, nobody has seen anything. He plays an entire game full speed. No grimace, no limp, no nothing. Then all of a sudden out for LOOONG time.

Now, after an ENTIRE summer off after missing damn near all of last season, it's the same thing. Combined with what happened during free agency, then saying today he could miss the whole season (what competitive player would even fathom sitting out 82 games due to being sore??) just smells awful fishy. It just smells awful. It also sounds like a joke.

Whatever fans want to feel about it, you cant say they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm starting to be of the opinion that Eric Gordon died last year and our medical staff just didn't catch it.
    LOL!!

"Next week on AMC's 'The Walking Dead'....."
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    LOL!!

"Next week on AMC's 'The Walking Dead'....."
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Eric Gordon's Hershel LOOOOL!!!!

#1 pick here we come!!!

On a serious note, I think it would be good if we were bad for one more year and get another star player in next years draft. We have alot of good role players and good depth but we need stars to win championships. This might be Dell's master plan to make this team a title contender.

I wish I could get a hold of his MRI to see the real condition of his knee.

^^ Those tweets led me to this ....

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Does anyone think that Gordon may have re-injured his knee in a non-related basketball activity?
    This is why maybe there is no clarity.

I guess what I am trying to say is if he has injured himself by being reckless during the off season this may be a breach of his $58M dollar contract.

I'm not sure about baskeball players but I know in other sports if they injure themselves in the off season they are covered
    by insurance and therefore the employer doesn't have to fit the bill while there start asset isn't playing.

Dude probably injures himself putting on his pants.

The surgery was just a procedure with an arthroscope.

Andrews is there is reconstruct joints, reattach muscles, etc. He handles sports injuries, coarsely speaking. This injury is just an injury that any of us could get.

Such is my understanding of the most famous MD from LSU.

Thread Information