Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Our 2013 Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Why not just draft for the backcourt since our front court is easily one of the best in the league.
    Because next year's PG class is extremely weak.

The class as a whole is pretty top-heavy anyways, but its much more stacked at the C position.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Why not just draft for the backcourt since our front court is easily one of the best in the league.
    It's also about salary. If we wanted to get a guy like Jennings, it's going to cost $10 mil/year. I'd pay that, but there are a lot of uncertainties of us getting him. Bledsoe would be a much cheaper option. The PG group this year isn't good at all, but the center crop at the top of the draft this year is great.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It's also about salary. If we wanted to get a guy like Jennings, it's going to cost $10 mil/year. I'd pay that, but there are a lot of uncertainties of us getting him. Bledsoe would be a much cheaper option. The PG group this year isn't good at all, but the center crop at the top of the draft this year is great.
    Also big pluses.

And, I would rather have a 20 year old as a role player (4th big) than rely on him to be my starting guard when I am trying to make the playoffs
    @mcnamara247

Literally, none of this applies to anything I have posted. I have no clue what you are rambling about...
    You just said trade Lopez for and draft his replacement. I'm saying you the current draft pick we have on the best player available. We don't need to trade the center we have already when he fits into the system (And he's not doing bad at all). Also, we should use our salary cap on getting better in the backcourt/wing. We don't need to reinvent the wheel here. I'm not saying that what your saying. I'm just piggy backing off your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    You just said trade Lopez for and draft his replacement. I'm saying you the current draft pick we have on the best player available. We don't need to trade the center we have already when he fits into the system (And he's not doing bad at all). Also, we should use our salary cap on getting better in the backcourt/wing. We don't need to reinvent the wheel here. I'm not saying that what your saying. I'm just piggy backing off your post.
    I said trade Lopez while his value is high. It isn't a knock on him. It's to replace him with a starting PG, and draft his replacement to be our 4th big man. That is the whole point. It is a reallocation of resources from a strength to a weakness.

Our 2013 Free Agency

Can we please get a starting pg like now. Trade vasq. Trade aminu. Trade j smith. Doesn't matter. Just get a good pg

I said trade Lopez while his value is high. It isn't a knock on him. It's to replace him with a starting PG, and draft his replacement to be our 4th big man. That is the whole point. It is a reallocation of resources from a strength to a weakness.
    Yeah but me personally I would rather keep Lopez as the starter, sign a starting PG like Bledsoe (since the draft class is so weak), and use our more than likely lottery pick on a wing player that can score.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Yeah but me personally I would rather keep Lopez as the starter, sign a starting PG like Bledsoe (since the draft class is so weak), and use our more than likely lottery pick on a wing player that can score.
    You can't sign Bledsoe. You have to trade for him. All of the other good PGs signed extensions this off season (Curry, Lawson, and I think I'm forgetting someone). That is the dilemma. I'm cool with Jennings, who is about the only guy worth signing this off season, but a lot of teams want him, so it's a bit of a crap shoot.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Greivis is averaging 5.6 points, 6.7 assists, and 2.7 turnovers while shooting 23% over the last 3 games.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's grievous alright.

You can't sign Bledsoe. You have to trade for him. All of the other good PGs signed extensions this off season (Curry, Lawson, and I think I'm forgetting someone). That is the dilemma. I'm cool with Jennings, who is about the only guy worth signing this off season, but a lot of teams want him, so it's a bit of a crap shoot.
    Jrue Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Jrue Holiday.
    Dont think he is a free agent, i wish.

I know a lot of people have their hearts set on Brandon Jennings, and I understand why. But won't he be a restricted free agent? What makes people think the Bucks won't match?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    I know a lot of people have their hearts set on Brandon Jennings, and I understand why. But won't he be a restricted free agent? What makes people think the Bucks won't match?
    We'll see what the GM of the Bucks has to say if we drive by his house and...spit on his lawn. It'll smell really weird and spit will be everywhere! He'll be too grossed out to match the offer in 48 hours leaving Jennings one with the Krewe!

I can get on board with that. I call shotgun. Maybe you can rub a tonsil stone on his mailbox or something.

Jrue Holiday signed a 4 year contract extension.... I honestly think that out of all the point guards that we have listed, Jeff Teague, Brandon Jennings, and Kyle Lowry would be the best fit and most probable fit. (CP3, I love him, but hes not coming back). I would just keep Vazquez as a backup point guard, thats his fit in the league.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Dont think he is a free agent, i wish.
    Sadly, I know he's not.

I was just reminding slim of the name he couldnt recollect.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    Jrue Holiday signed a 4 year contract extension.... I honestly think that out of all the point guards that we have listed, Jeff Teague, Brandon Jennings, and Kyle Lowry would be the best fit and most probable fit. (CP3, I love him, but hes not coming back). I would just keep Vazquez as a backup point guard, thats his fit in the league.
    I don't know why OP thinks Lowry is a FA next year. He isn't.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-12-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Thread Information