Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Hornets Lineup...What will it be???

2013-2014 Hornets Lineup...What will it be???

This year the Hornets should be fun to watch but the true ability to compete
    will be next year when Lewis's contract comes off the books and we can decline
    options on Aminu, Warrick and Henry and Mason expires. I expect the Hornets to pick up the team option of 2.15M for Vasquez. Here is what would be left...

PG: FREE AGENT, A Rivers, G Vasquez
    SG: E Gordon, ROOKIE
    SF: FREE AGENT, Darius Miller
    PF: Davis, Anderson, Thomas
    C: Lopez, Smith, ROOKIE

This would leave us with about 40 million in salary for next year with cap at
    about 60M and luxuray tax not until 70M. That leaves close to 30 M for two
    big-time free agents and two rookies. Here are some potential free agent
    targets...

PG: UFA: C Paul (despite media attention highly unlikely), DJ Augustin
    Due Qualifying Offers - S Curry, T Evans, and B Jennings

SF: UFA: J Smith, D Wright
    Early termination option in contract - A Iguodala
    Potential trade - Ideally would trade for scoring SF at trade deadline this year - R Gay top
    target as Grizzlies need to fit Randolph, Gasol, and Conley under salary cap
    (Gay is due 17.8M in 2013 and 19.3 in 2014)

Realistically, Paul is not coming back to NO so I would hope one of the three
    PGs due a qualifying offer becomes available. Don't see Curry as an option as
    they kept him over Ellis and Bucks have enough cash to keep Jennings. I think
    we could add Evans for around 10M a season and Gay as our SF as well as 1-2
    rookies to our young core and things could get interesting. Thoughts???

No one has faith in Rivers on this board, it seems. Only a few do and those are: me, nolaslim, Russy, and Razorpens. If I left you you out, sorry. But those are the believers that stick out to ne.

add Lancebrou to that list ive been on the rivers band wagon way before we drafted him

Look at my avatar lol......

But adding Gay to the team would be a bad call. His salary is a cap killer, his production does not match nor exceed his play, and he is a very inefficient player on the offensive end.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Rivers will be the long-term PG. SF is a big question mark.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    No free-agent at PG. Rivers will eventually start this season and will be the love term answer at the point. What we need to worry about is SF and hope that Aminu made a jump this season.

Once Rivers gets the starting position, AD will probably be center. Then we'd be looking at a lineup of :
    Rivers
    Gordon
    Aminu
    Anderson
    Davis

The scoring in that lineup is tremendous, taking all that pressure off of Aminu to provide any offense at all. All he would have to provide is stout D and an energizing dunk or two a game. That would come cheap. Aminu is absolutely capable of providing that D considering his length, and umm, coach. If he couldn't provide that, let him walk and try to do the same with Dmill. If everything goes as planned, there's absolutely no reason to have a scoring SF like Gay or someone.

Anyone with me here?

If Austin Rivers is not a starter or James Harden type 6th man, then I view that pick as a failure. But realistically, that won't happen. Rivers will be a starter or James Harden type 6th man by the 2013-2014 season. Please quote me on that.

SF is a question mark now and in 2013. My hopes are that Darius Miller steps up as our starting SF, and Austin wins the point this year. I like Greivis though... I just think Rivers has the potential to be a Derrick Rose-type PG if/when he gets stronger and more comfortable at the point.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    X, Farouq and Miller. One of the three has to break out this year by the law of averages alone. So much athleticism and potential between the three of them, I hope they worked hard with Monty.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    And again, Davis won't be moved to Center unless we use him as the Spurs use Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    And again, Davis won't be moved to Center unless we use him as the Spurs use Duncan.
    2k13 put him at center. *facepalm emoji here* directed towards 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    He will be a center eventually. His length and athleticism will help him dominate the paint defensively. He will be a center in the mold of Chandler and Noah with more offensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    No one has faith in Rivers on this board, it seems. Only a few do and those are: me, nolaslim, Russy, Razorpens and Silverfoxx. If I left you you out, sorry. But those are the believers that stick out to ne.
    Fixed 4 ya
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Rivers will be the long-term PG. SF is a big question mark.
    HUGE question mark. I am hoping we can address that next offseason.

I reckon the team would be pretty good eventually as is. And i am also one that believes in Austin. Bright future! Except when bandwagon fans come....

#inb4bandwagon

No one has faith in Rivers on this board, it seems. Only a few do and those are: me, nolaslim, Russy, and Razorpens. If I left you you out, sorry. But those are the believers that stick out to ne.
    This year is a rebuilding process, to me it's a teaching year for Davis and Rivers. With the talent and the work ethic that Rivers have, it's still to soon to decide if we need a FA as our starting PG.
    I agree we need to find a starting caliber player at the 3. X, AFA and Miller have good potential to turn into solid players and maybe concsistent players but not with flashing stats. I can deal with them if they play hard defense and hit their open shots and FT if Rivers Gordon Ryno and Davis carry the team in the future. I mean Meta World Peace is doing a solid job for the Lakers.
    I still like Iggy or Wright as potential FA at 3.

Thx iNolaNightmare for counting me in !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Rivers will be the starting PG next year unless he just totally busts this season (which I highly doubt).
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

2013-2014 Hornets Lineup...What will it be???

All Rivers has to do is not turn the ball over, make his open shots, and defend decently. He won't be asked to do too much.

I have faith in rivers....he plays with fire and seems to be a hard worker. Though I think he will struggle a lot this year. But I think he will develop in to a real good player.

The Franchise
    2013/14 seems to be a good tank year if we want a SF with Wiggins and Parker both eligible
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I believe in Rivers, the kid got a great background and work ethics.

Oh shoot im just noticing this thread. Yeh ima a fan. Nice shout out
    Ballin

We have to decide THIS OCTOBER if we want to pick up the options on rookie players for the 2013-2014 season.

So, we will know alot more about potential cap room around opening night.

Then Dell's wheeling and dealing with mess about with the figures throughout the season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Once Rivers gets the starting position, AD will probably be center. Then we'd be looking at a lineup of :
    Rivers
    Gordon
    Aminu
    Anderson
    Davis

The scoring in that lineup is tremendous, taking all that pressure off of Aminu to provide any offense at all. All he would have to provide is stout D and an energizing dunk or two a game. That would come cheap. Aminu is absolutely capable of providing that D considering his length, and umm, coach. If he couldn't provide that, let him walk and try to do the same with Dmill. If everything goes as planned, there's absolutely no reason to have a scoring SF like Gay or someone.

Anyone with me here?
    I would love for this to be the starting lineup this year. Or maybe Miller at SF.

Thread Information