ROUND 2: Jazz vs Nets

Utah Jazz

C - Nene, Zaza Pachulia
    PF - Ersan Ilyasova, Amir Johnson, Renaldo Balkman
    SF - Marvin Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Luke Babbitt
    SG - Kobe Bryant, Kyle Korver,
    PG - George Hill, Beno Udrih

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post

My goal is to average 20 3-pointers per game. I have a dynamic post scorer in Nene, a wing scorer with Kobe, and they are surrounded by athletic wing shooters who can defend as well. I have a high efficiency team which can shoot, defend, and rebound with a strong bench with shooters and size in the front court.
    VS

Brooklyn Nets

C : Javale McGee - Brandan Wright
    PF : Al Horford - Larry Sanders - Reggie Evans
    SF : Rudy Gay - Tracy McGrady - Jonas Jerebko
    SG : Paul George - Evan Turner
    PG : Chauncey Billups - Brandon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post

Defense will be synonymous to the Brooklyn Nets. The length and athleticism of this team will be our major weapon.

Point Guard
    Chauncey Billups will lead the team but due to his old age his minutes will be significantly lower than what he used to get. he will definitely be an option during crunch time.
    Brandon Jennings, a spit-fire guard will mainly back him up and anchor our running game, providing major scoring from the bench.
    Evan Turner will see some action here when we match up against taller PGs, his defense and length will be key in containing the other team's play makers

Shooting Guard
    Paul George will be the main guy to man the SG spot, he has 3pt shooting, athleticism, length and defense. and did i mention he's 6'10"?
    Evan Turner will be the guy to backup George, he can also handle the ball and help with the play making
    Tracy McGrady can provide some offense and veteran leadership

Small Forward
    Rudy Gay is the Net's main perimeter scorer and finisher on the break, which we plan to have a lot of because of our defense, a good defender and a clutch scorer too
    Paul George due to his size can also play some SF
    Tracy McGrady will see some time here too

Power Forward
    Al Horford's natural position, he will be the main post scorer, he has the size to bang down low and the quickness to guard the smaller PFs.
    Larry Sanders is very athletic and will provide hustle with the back up unit
    Rudy Gay can get limited minutes here, when we play our quick lineup

Center
    Javale McGee will be our man in the middle, providing help defense and tough interior defense. he will also provide comic relief every once in a while with his boneheaded plays
    Brandan Wright is almost like McGee, the length and athleticism will make him a good with on-ball and help defense.
    Al Horford can also see some action here with our small and quick lineup

Honestly, my Jazz are a more efficient. They have an efficient post scorer in Nene, a perimeter scorer in Kobe and efficient shooters across the board.

Ilyasova would draw out Horford out of the paint, Nene would overpower McGee in the post, Kobe would do his scoring and Williams and Hill can shoot and attack the basket.

Rudy Gay is overrated. He's not an efficient scorer. He will take alot of shots, won't make his teammates, and doesn't defend much. They really don't have any other guy outside of Jennings who can create their own shots. Jennings and Gay will take alot of shots. They don't have much of a bench. I have more shooters off the bench and Zaza and Amir Johnson has a big advantage against their bigmen off the bench and my bench will provide more offense.

Ilyasova is a double-double player who can shoot from the perimeter. My guys will spread the floor for Nene, one of the best post scorers in the league and Kobe, one of the best perimeter scorers in the league. My guys can defend as well as shoot. I think the Nets have good indiviual pieces, but my team is more efficient and fit very well together.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I don't think Kobe will pass the ball.

My team also had a win share of 45 compared to the Nets 37. That's a big difference.

I don't think Kobe will pass the ball.
    The bench is way better on my team. Its not even close. Zaza, Amir, Dunleavy, and Korver could start for alot of teams.

I like your starting 5. Pretty good overall.

My team also had a win share of 45 compared to the Nets 37. That's a big difference.
    Cmon man, really? win shares? Billups and Horford were out almost the entire season, McGee was a Wizard

Cmon man, really? win shares? Billups and Horford were out almost the entire season, McGee was a Wizard
    That's true. I'll calculate win shares per 48 minutes for your team.

Win Shares per 48 minutes.

Jazz - 0.138

Nets - 0.115
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 06-25-2012 at 01:15 PM.

i know nothing about those stats. and how to get them. All i know is IF Kobe doesnt pass to Bynum and Gasol he will most probably not pass to Nene and Ilyasova

The nets seem a bit deeper to me. I think their starting lineups are a wash. George will slow down/annoy Kobe, and Utah will struggle for other ways to score.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbunch View Post
    The nets seem a bit deeper to me. I think their starting lineups are a wash. George will slow down/annoy Kobe, and Utah will struggle for other ways to score.
    How are they deeper? My bench is much better. And Nene is a premier post scorer.

Kobe, one of the best perimeter scorers in the league. My guys can defend as well as shoot. I think the Nets have good indiviual pieces, but my team is more efficient and fit very well together.
    Kobe is less of an efficient scorer and more of a volume scorer. Also he doesn't shoot a good 3 point percentage (probably due to taking bad shots) his game is really at his best in the midrange and when he's in that area he never looks to pass. I'm not really sure efficiency and Kobe belong in the same sentence, his value comes from being able to make tough shots and always finding his shot. I get that Marvin Williams shot near 40% this season but the Hawks hate him for a good reason and that's really the only problem I have with your team.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Kobe is less of an efficient scorer and more of a volume scorer. Also he doesn't shoot a good 3 point percentage (probably due to taking bad shots) his game is really at his best in the midrange and when he's in that area he never looks to pass. I'm not really sure efficiency and Kobe belong in the same sentence, his value comes from being able to make tough shots and always finding his shot. I get that Marvin Williams shot near 40% this season but the Hawks hate him for a good reason and that's really the only problem I have with your team.
    I agree about Kobe not being an efficient scorer. I didn't even draft him. I took over the Jazz after he was drafted. He was the only player I didn't draft. But since I had him, I had to build a team around him so I drafted a strong post scorer in Nene and athletic shooters around both. Those shooters would spread the floor for Nene and Kobe. Plus, my bench is pretty good since I didn't trade up at all.

Marvin may be hated since he was a bust at number 2, but he's become an athletic wing who can shoot the 3's now. A good fit at SF with Kobe.

I really like my team and think I have an advantage over the Nets.

I agree about Kobe not being an efficient scorer. I didn't even draft him. I took over the Jazz after he was drafted. He was the only player I didn't draft. But since I had him, I had to build a team around him so I drafted a strong post scorer in Nene and athletic shooters around both. Those shooters would spread the floor for Nene and Kobe. Plus, my bench is pretty good since I didn't trade up at all.

Marvin may be hated since he was a bust at number 2, but he's become an athletic wing who can shoot the 3's now. A good fit at SF with Kobe.

I really like my team and think I have an advantage over the Nets.
    Good points, also clear your inbox if you haven't done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Good points, also clear your inbox if you haven't done so already.
    I cleared it.

Thread Information