Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Worry not. Might not matter even if he does come back super hot.
    Probably not for playoffs Eman but as far as Lottery pick yea it really will. But I'm not like most fans I'd take a W over a L any day.
    Screw a draft pick.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't really mean that. Riding the post loss doldrums.

I hate western coast trips. Especially when we lose big. Cuz it ends and I think I'm dying, but it's just being sleepy because it's almost ****ing midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    but i want ping pong balls
    I don't. That said the Ls will still rack up even when he comes back. Especially early. He'll have his 7-25 games to help with your quest.

You also have to know we haven't seen the last of "Puddin". He'll be back at some point before the season is out.

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday

Even with Gordon, they'll go .500 at best for the rest of the season. This team is just too young and inexperienced to win consistently. And the roster has too many limitations this year due to the undeveloped youth and unbalanced roster.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Does anyone have a link to that sitdown interview FSNO did with EG before the game? Really wanted to watch it but I dvr'ed the wrong fricking thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Does anyone have a link to that sitdown interview FSNO did with EG before the game? Really wanted to watch it but I dvr'ed the wrong fricking thing
    This! Would like to see the interview as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Even with Gordon, they'll go .500 at best for the rest of the season. This team is just too young and inexperienced to win consistently. And the roster has too many limitations this year due to the undeveloped youth and unbalanced roster.
    I'd be happy with that after this streak we are on

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

His heart is still in transit from Phoenix.
    Not going to lie, this is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Making 13 mil and not playing basketball is getting old.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Making 13 mil and not playing basketball is getting old.
    And what does that have to do with his heart in Phoenix stuff? Nothing? OK thanks.

I know some are tired of people bringing that up....but hey...that statement is going to stick with him for the rest of his career. Thats pretty much dude's catch phrase now....LOL. He said it now he, and everyone else has to live with people contantly bringing it up.....thats the life of a athlete/celebrity. Thats exactly why when you're in this business you have to watch what you say.....cuz whether negative or positive its going to stick with you for a long time. It is what it is...

I still maintain that he won't get onto the court until the very end of the month at the earliest, the drastic change of roles will throw the team off for the first 2-3 weeks, and January is a tough slate, so I could see them at something like 11-34 by the time stuff starts to click. Even if they go 21-16 over those last 37 games, they would have won 32 games. The same number Portland had the year they landed the first pick. Seattle had 31 wins and got the 2nd pick.

And that 21-16 is a stretch IMO, plus it presupposes that Gordon doesn't miss games after he returns, which would be a minor miracle in itself.

Long story short, don't worry too much about winning too much and costing ourselves a high pick
    @mcnamara247

Throw him in. We got nothing to lose except more games. Not like we're rolling with a whole lot of chemistry anyway thanks to all the different lineups thanks to injuries and tinkering with the rotations that's been done already.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    The whining about Vasquez, the stupid, "not-gonna-happen" trade ideas, and complaining about monty being horrible is also getting old (not saying you're the one doing it... but it's all that happens on this site lately)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I still maintain that he won't get onto the court until the very end of the month at the earliest
    Pretty safe bet as he will be back with the team on teh 22nd and needs some practice time.

Re: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday

^^I left the GDT last night because of it. Not even remotely fun to follow.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Pretty safe bet as he will be back with the team on teh 22nd and needs some practice time.
    after the Pacers game on Saturday... Hornets don't play again until Wednesday the 26th... so there's a bit a of practice time there... then another day off before the back-to-back on the 28th & 29th (vs. Toronto, @ Charlotte)
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    The whining about Vasquez, the stupid, "not-gonna-happen" trade ideas, and complaining about monty being horrible is also getting old
    YES. Before the season started everyone knew this is a rebuilding team and not to expect much out of them, but since we hung with the spurs in the opener and beat the Clippers in LA everyone seems to think this is an underperforming playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    YES. Before the season started everyone knew this is a rebuilding team and not to expect much out of them, but since we hung with the spurs in the opener and beat the Clippers in LA everyone seems to think this is an underperforming playoff team.
    Exactly. Without Davis for like 15 games or soemthing... no Gordon. Aminu didn't pan out like we were hoping. Literally the only person we thought would be sufficient is Anderson, and he's exceeded expectations. But then people complain when he has nights like last night. Shooters have to SHOOT out of their slumps. Eventually it'll fall.

Vasquez isn't a starter. Right. You guys rather us start Roberts? Oh wait, lets trade Aminu and Henry for Rondo or D-Will (i heard he's not a good fit in their offense, right?). Surely they'll take the flexibile cap space Aminu and Henry's expirings will bring them.

Once he comes back we're going to win out and be a top-three seed in the playoffs.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Once he comes back we're going to win out and be a top-three seed in the playoffs.
    They'll cancel the playoffs and hand us the trophy outright.

I'm just ready to see Gordon back and I'm hoping he proves a lot of you wrong. He made a silly comment but oh'well people mess up. He's a Pelicarou so we all should rock with him. Hopefully he can bring some type of excitement to this team because right now ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I'm just ready to see Gordon back and I'm hoping he proves a lot of you wrong. He made a silly comment but oh'well people mess up. He's a Pelicarou so we all should rock with him. Hopefully he can bring some type of excitement to this team because right now ugh
    The only way he proves anyone wrong is if he plays 90% of his games in 2013 Calendar year.

We all agree he has the skills to be a great SG in the league. I doubt he even comes close to playing 90% of his games, but I would be content with 70-80%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post

I've tried (and will continue to try) to be optimistic about Gordon and his spot on the roster. For the resord IMO, he comes back and helps this team to a 20-30 win season and plays out his contract being a key piece of this team.
    However, that interview last night seemed to be a little soft. Jen ends the interview with a final question that all Hornets fans have been asking since the trade to bring him here. "Do you want to be here in this team?" and he answers it with he never expected to be traded from LA, though that would be his home, but once he got here, he was like OK I'm with it, I can get behind this. Yes I want to be here, and its frustrating for the fans, team and himself at his being unable to contribute more to this point. and then it ends.....

Perfect chance for Gordon to address and put to rest the "My hearts in Pheonix" comment. He doesn't even mention the off-season contract and Jen Hale doen't even ask, or push. I didn't expect him to say he wasn't happy to be here, but he has to know the magnatude of the comments he made in Pheonix. I just think he missed a chance to put it to rest or atleast address it and say hey, I over-reacted. I thought I was a Sun, Of course I wanted them to feel like I was excited about being there..I didn't mean it in a disrespectful way to Hornets fans ... I don't know, anything seems like it would be better than acting like nothing happened. I can't even remember when I was that age, and I certainly can't imagine dealing with a PR situation like that on such a grand scale so I try not to hold too much against him.

Just when she hit him with that question (And I never expected her to go there), I thought, Yes, finally lets get past this and finally get to feeling like a team. Didn't happen IMO.. And I'm not one of these that would never be satisified with any answer. I want this guy on the team, it just sucks with all this tension. People were actually yelling trade Gordon at the first game of the season...smh..

Thread Information