Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We signed Hollis Thompson

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Did we sign Jack and Williams after Thompson?
    @DanielVeuleman

Good decision. He is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Did we sign Jack and Williams after Thompson?
    Yeah Thompson was on the 22nd. Then I think both Jack and Williams were on the 24th

Niice, now it'll be interesting who we sign in Jack's place and if they sign Reggie to a second 10-day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Niice, now it'll be interesting who we sign in Jack's place and if they sign Reggie to a second 10-day.
    My guess is Chalmers in Jack's place. No clue about Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Good decision. He is solid.
    I haven't seen that yet. I am waiting to see the good shooter he was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I haven't seen that yet. I am waiting to see the good shooter he was supposed to be.
    Agreed. The effort is there but the production is not. This is by far the lowest 3 pt% of his career though. I guess we just hope for the numbers to correct themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

I have too. I want to see where things go with this guy. He is coming in on the fly and starting/playing big minuets for us. I hope he can still around longer.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Not only does he defend, Thompson also looks to cut and even has some straight line drives in him. When his shot/confidence returns, Hollis would be a good rotation piece. I would try to lock him for 3-4 years at the minimum.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Not only does he defend, Thompson also looks to cut and even has some straight line drives in him. When his shot/confidence returns, Hollis would be a good rotation piece. I would try to lock him for 3-4 years at the minimum.

i think his confidence is shot because he has to fall back and defer to the big 3......i think gentry need to tell him to be aggressive and shoot more because he has the 3pt range...maybe gentry has told him and he is just not doing it.....he is playing solid ball just not scoring....

Guys second 10 day expires tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. Do we bring him back for the season? Hasn't shown much but length and eforth but the rest of his career sas he's a solid 3 pt. shooter and this is the anomaly.

Guys second 10 day expires tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. Do we bring him back for the season? Hasn't shown much but length and eforth but the rest of his career sas he's a solid 3 pt. shooter and this is the anomaly.
    If he was hitting 3s at almost 40% like he did in Philly I think there'd be no doubt you bring him back. Which data set are you going to trust? 357/917 (38.9%) over 3.5 years or 6/24 (25%) over 20 days? They say they like his defense and you have to assume his shot will return to form. I think they sign him to a minimum for the rest of the season and then try and get him on a minimum for next year with the lure of what no other team offering the minimum can give, Early Bird Rights at the end of next season.

We need guard depth so I'd probably sign him for rest of season. He and Crawford both.

Not sure that he has shown much of anything while he has been here other than decent defense. Sure seems like he would be easily replaceable.

Wayne Seldon starting over him tonight. Probably not a good sign for Hollis but who knows.

Wayne Seldon starting over him tonight. Probably not a good sign for Hollis but who knows.
    Yeah probably not. Also probably interested to see what Seldon can do since he didn't get a lot of run yet.

probably EOT

up to the next one 10-day

it is not surprise at all

he had 2 DNP-CD recently

Can Casspi be resigned now?

only if now is July 1st at the earliest

Seldon got signed away by the Grizzlies. Now we have two roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    only if now is July 1st at the earliest
    I do not think that is a rule. He was not traded. I think he can be re-signed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Can Casspi be resigned now?
    I hope so!

Thread Information