Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cousins Trade Idea With The Bucks

Cousins Trade Idea With The Bucks

It's rumored the Bucks are in the Deandre hunt, what if we make Cousins available? Would you all make this trade?

We would have a hole at center though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ychw3ma7

Cousins for
    Brogdon (2 years left on his deal at 1.3m per)
    Middleton (a star who has a reasonable contract of 3 years at 14m per)
    SIGN A SF

Bucks wouldn't do it.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

We need a big

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Bucks wouldn't do it.
    Don't be ridiculous.

Bucks would win the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Don't be ridiculous.

Bucks would win the East.
    If Boogie was the difference between the Bucks winning the East and not winning the East, we wouldn't be trading him.

Middleton and Brogdon are also extremely good assets given their contracts. Milwaukee knows this and isn't going to throw their assets away for a player with a reputation like Boogie's. They can do better.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-02-2017 at 08:55 PM.

I would actually do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If Boogie was the difference between the Bucks winning the East and not winning the East, we wouldn't be trading him.

Middleton and Brogdon are also extremely good assets given their contracts. Milwaukee knows this and isn't going to throw their assets away for a player with a reputation like Boogie's. They can do better.
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Do better? How? By giving us less? The reason that Cousins would help the Bucks win the East, is because they already have their guards and ball handlers who are on an elite to extremely high level in Antetokounmpo and Bledsoe. Give them an elite, yes, elite, and they have a strong chance to win the East.

you have a particularly vicious form of Boogie ignorance going on there

Why do people want to move Boogie? He is a star. Landing a star isn't easy, landing a second is even harder. Trading a star player for a player who isn't a star is stupid.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I would actually do it.

sometimes small city fans just think like small. As for instance when they think taking ok pieces coming to play alongside A.D. and Jrue would get better results than those 2 OK pieces were getting alongside Giannis and Bledsoe.

You can literally go your whole life as a fan without having 2 players on the same team at the same time in their primes as good as A.D. and Cousins. Just ask Milwaulkee. They haven't had a pairing as good as A.D./Boogie or Giannis/Boogie since about 1972 when they had Kareem and Oscar, and Oscar was old and in decline. The Pels have never had it. Even if you count the Hornets the only possible argument would be once, for about 2 years, in early Grandmama/Mourning 25 years ago, and frankly those two were young and not at the same level either.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why do people want to move Boogie? He is a star. Landing a star isn't easy, landing a second is even harder. Trading a star player for a player who isn't a star is stupid.
    I think some people just like being in perpetual rebuild mode. I'm not one of them.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I actually don't think the Bucks would do it either. Boogie doesn't fit with their defensive scheme at all and his offense seems to be what Kidd is trying to move them away from. Middleton is apparently incredibly underrated with the responses on here and his contract is a steal while Brogdon is a great role player for them who thinks the game at a level that's rare for someone of his experience. I'm not necessarily saying I would say yes from our perspective either, but Milwaukee has those two locked up for a while and they'd definitely be skeptical of getting Boogie to sign after this season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We won’t move Boogie. We shouldn’t move him. We took a risk so let’s keep taking the risk and try to make the playoffs and get 5th or 6th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I think some people just like being in perpetual rebuild mode. I'm not one of them.
    And this team is set up for perpetual mediocrity. I guess that's better!

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I actually don't think the Bucks would do it either. Boogie doesn't fit with their defensive scheme at all and his offense seems to be what Kidd is trying to move them away from. Middleton is apparently incredibly underrated with the responses on here and his contract is a steal while Brogdon is a great role player for them who thinks the game at a level that's rare for someone of his experience. I'm not necessarily saying I would say yes from our perspective either, but Milwaukee has those two locked up for a while and they'd definitely be skeptical of getting Boogie to sign after this season.
    Stop being objective. That's not the sort of conduct we condone around these parts.

And this team is set up for perpetual mediocrity. I guess that's better!
    This team is set up for nothing of the kind. They've got 2 in prime superstars. Their BASEMENT is now mediocrity. One good FA signing, one strong trade, one significant coaching upgrade, combined with continued familiarity, and it's significantly better than that.

This team is set up for nothing of the kind. They've got 2 in prime superstars. Their BASEMENT is now mediocrity. One good FA signing, one strong trade, one significant coaching upgrade, combined with continued familiarity, and it's significantly better than that.
    If this team sticks with Holiday- AD- Boogie as their core moving forward, they will never make it past the second round of the playoffs. Never. And it would take A LOT of moving pieces to even get to that point.

Right now? Our ceiling is a 1st round beatdown. And that's assuming AD isn't set to miss a significant number of games with his groin injury. Exciting times.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-03-2017 at 03:56 AM.

sometimes small city fans just think like small. As for instance when they think taking ok pieces coming to play alongside A.D. and Jrue would get better results than those 2 OK pieces were getting alongside Giannis and Bledsoe.

You can literally go your whole life as a fan without having 2 players on the same team at the same time in their primes as good as A.D. and Cousins. Just ask Milwaulkee. They haven't had a pairing as good as A.D./Boogie or Giannis/Boogie since about 1972 when they had Kareem and Oscar, and Oscar was old and in decline. The Pels have never had it. Even if you count the Hornets the only possible argument would be once, for about 2 years, in early Grandmama/Mourning 25 years ago, and frankly those two were young and not at the same level either.
    Funny how you just assume you know all about me through one sentence on a forum. I would do this trade if we were 4 games out of the 8th seed at the trade deadline. I like Boogie, but if we are not better than an 8th seed he is gone next year.

The thing is they're not even in their primes. AD is like 3 years away from playing his best basketball. Cousins is a playoff run away from playing his. Trading one of them is insane.

If this team sticks with Holiday- AD- Boogie as their core moving forward, they will never make it past the second round of the playoffs. Never. And it would take A LOT of moving pieces to even get to that point.

Right now? Our ceiling is a 1st round beatdown. And that's assuming AD isn't set to miss a significant number of games with his groin injury. Exciting times.
    Facts. I don’t see why people can’t see that this team is not well constructed. Unless you add a LBJ/Durant caliber player, this team as is is a 1st round exit. That’s the ceiling. This team has a ton of holes mainly no wing players. Also, if Holiday is being counted on to be one of your “big 3”, this team will never be a championship contender
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Funny how you just assume you know all about me through one sentence on a forum. I would do this trade if we were 4 games out of the 8th seed at the trade deadline. I like Boogie, but if we are not better than an 8th seed he is gone next year.

Sans a good playoff run, Boogie is gone imo. He has no incentive to re-sign here. Any team can pay him what we can. AD on the other hand probably is a Pel for life. The money is going to be too much to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Any team can pay him what we can.
    No they can't.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Sans a good playoff run, Boogie is gone imo. He has no incentive to re-sign here. Any team can pay him what we can. AD on the other hand probably is a Pel for life. The money is going to be too much to pass on.
    What ??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No they can't.
    ☝️☝☝☝☝. THAT !

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No they can't.
    He’s been here long enough for us to offer that extra year or whatever?

Thread Information