Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke Evans

Funny a thread base on pure speculations can run for 13 pages.

Tyreke Evans

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Funny a thread base on pure speculations can run for 13 pages.
    I was thinking the same thing. Dawson and Kush are going off their opinions, "sources", or things they hear in the organization which all 3 could be an opinion. Also, if gentry comes out and says we want to trade tyreke then that is bad business. He would never say that! Dell would have 0 leverage in any trade if gentry says that. I like Monroe better than Reke and Ajinca. You could play Asik when u need a defensive bigger center vs cousins, but on the flip side Monroe can start when ur playing a team with a weak center or need scoring aka Golden State who has Pachulia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When Monty asked him to come off the bench, he came off the bench. Still got all his minutes. Matter of fact the only thing that got him off the bench that first year was frontline injury.

Please find where Tyreke metioned he does not want to come off the bench? I know Gordon intimated as much, but never Tyreke.
    Maybe I worded it wrong... I didn't say/mean that Tyreke ever said that "he does not want to come off the bench". I said him coming off the bench was an issue. By that I meant Reke just wasn't the same dude coming off the bench as he was as a starter.

Asked if the communication with Williams has to improve, Evans said that it needed to improve. “It has to get better. We have to know our roles on the team.”

It seems like Evans is overloaded with responsibilities for the Pelicans coming off the bench, and it’s impacting his play on the court.

“I have more roles than the team I was on before so it’s tough trying to adjust to all those spots,” he said. “The system is different but it’s not anything I can’t get through.”

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/02...shBYRyYXcE8.99
    Maybe I worded it wrong... my bad.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Hint: The Pelicans organization isn't going to say anything on the record negative about a player they're attempting to trade. That doesn't mean they actually want him on the roster. Torpedoing a player, even a negative asset, in a press conference is bad strategy.

So, if you're reading into what Gentry has said in post season press conference remarks (which are coached by the front office to send specific messages or non-messages) you're doing it wrong.
    Thanks for the hint.

Not only post season press conferences but when asked recently specifically about Tyreke. Everything Gentry said, in addition to coming directly from Gentry, is true:

Tyreke missed all of training camp in a new system
    Tyreke is a good basketball player
    When Tyreke played and everyone was healthy, the team was better

I have no doubt that they've considered trading him, would consider trading him, etc. For some reason people keep coming at me wanting me to accept their speculation as fact, and I don't get that. It's possible that Gentry believes what Gentry has repeatedly said and if Tyreke is healthy they'll find a role for him or at least evaluate how he does with a training camp under his belt!

Even Dawson seems to think this is the case.

But thanks for the hint.

How did this thread get so long ...dude is hurt & because of that not a trade chip or factor .......we basically revamped or team and we got 14 pages about a hurt player with zero time line for a return .....it's like Barnes 2.0 lol

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It's the offseason, what do you expect?

Scott is viewed as one of the, if not the most, connected individuals that reports on the Pels.

If he willing to go on record saying this stuff. . . I'd take it very seriously.

Dawson and Kushner both mention that Tyreke Evans doesn't like coming off the bench, that "we both know how much trouble he (Evans) has caused when he's not starting initially. He does not like playing anything but point guard. There's a lot of things that upset him that make him a less fun player to be around." At 34 minutes.

Interesting compared to all the "Tyreke will play shooting guard or small forward" stuff that is actual speculation here.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ok now obviously I'm not going to add anything new to this conversation that everyone else already hasn't thought about, but if Tyreke needs to be moved, and the rumors of Monroe wanting to come here, how do you go about making that trade work? I don't trust the ESPN Trade Maker right now since trades are still going and money can change at any moment, but it's obvious that you have to add someone to the trade with Tyreke to get Monroe. Do you add Asik? If so, I assume Monroe is starting at Center with Ajinca as backup. Or... do you add Ajinca and swap out Asik and Monroe depending on matchup as needed? People seem to think Monroe is not that good on defense, (I don't watch him really, so I can't say), So maybe having him and Ajinca is a bad idea. Him and Asik could switch duties possibly fairly well.

Also, I found this thread on reddit which is about trading Monroe for Tyreke. Not sure if you all have seen this yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MkeBucks/co...post_draft_fa/

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Scott is viewed as one of the, if not the most, connected individuals that reports on the Pels.

If he willing to go on record saying this stuff. . . I'd take it very seriously.
    I guess the part where they both say they don't know anything and are just speculating should be ignored.

Dawson and Kushner both mention that Tyreke Evans doesn't like coming off the bench, that "we both know how much trouble he (Evans) has caused when he's not starting initially. He does not like playing anything but point guard. There's a lot of things that upset him that make him a less fun player to be around." At 34 minutes.

Interesting compared to all the "Tyreke will play shooting guard or small forward" stuff that is actual speculation here.
    They also both acknowledge they haven't spoken to Tyreke, therefor they're speculating. No NBA player WANTS to come off the bench. Positions don't matter anymore. Perhaps coming off of 3 knee injuries and being a year older Tyreke's views have changed.

We literally just had a national conversation about Durant being able to change his mind from positions he's had in the past.

You guys seem to get stuck on what was, continuing to be what is. Sports and Life are fluid and change is constant.

But y'all are probably right. All I've asked is that you be willing to acknowledge the fact that you may not be and that we're all speculating!

Be patient. You don't have to be right today!

They didn't say everything was speculation. That section right there isn't them speculating. You heard the word "this isn't from sources" once in the podcast and SPECULATE it applied to everything said on the podcast. It didn't.

Scott specifically says "we know" in that piece I quoted. Should I bold it for you? Make it a comically large font? It most certainly is not speculating.

Stretch this mofo

They didn't say everything was speculation. That section right there isn't them speculating. You heard the word "this isn't from sources" once in the podcast and SPECULATE it applied to everything said on the podcast. It didn't.

Scott specifically says "we know" in that piece I quoted. Should I bold it for you? Make it a comically large font? It most certainly is not speculating.
    Dude, literally my argument is that you don't know EVERYTHING re: Tyreke Evans. Some of what you think you know is pure speculation.

Your position seems to be, "NO...I DEFINITIVELY KNOW EVERYTHING".

That's cool and all, but you don't know how healthy Tyreke is or isn't. You don't know Tyreke's views on playing a ball handling wing position in Gentry's offense, similar to Iggy. You don't know if Tyreke's views about coming off the bench mean he won't do it, or prefers not to do it. You don't know if his views have changed any coming off of 3 knee surgeries and needing to make it into 2017 free agency without serious injury questions. You don't know who the Pelicans were involved in talks with regarding Tyreke and what they were asking in return. You don't know whether Gentry is being honest when he speaks about Tyreke in the media or if he's B.S'ing us. You don't if missing training camp last year really had a significant impact on Tyreke being able to fit into Gentry's system, or if he's just innately incapable.

You don't know a whole lot of stuff that's relevant and important to know. But your argument is literally, "I KNOW EVERYTHING".

Not a big Reke fan but Gentry described a player very similiar to him he envisions playing the wing. Also Ginobli who is considered a big team player said he would rather start but came off the bench for the team. I don't expect Reke to want to be a bench player but I expect him to do what he's asked like he did in the past. I think most would agree if Reke just moved the ball more in the system he could be a valuable player. I don't think it's such a stretch to think Gentry and the other coaches can somewhat break him of this habit when in the past no coach seemed to really take big efforts to change him.

No. I haven't said that. But, when your argument now lies on putting words in other folks mouths we know you dont have one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    No. I haven't said that. But, when your argument now lies on putting words in other folks mouths we know you dont have one.
    Yes you have. Over & over & over . Almost as if you are trying to prove it to yourself. Your implications speak volumes & and are obvious. You are officially a know-it-all . Yep .

I'm not putting words in your mouth. If you're acknowledging that there is important and relevant info that you don't know about Tyreke's current situation, then we really don't have an argument. We're in complete agreement.

My position is;

The Pelicans considered waiving and stretching Tyreke Evans, burdening their salary cap for the next two years just to have ~$6 million more in room this year and to be rid of him.
    They have attempted to trade him away for varying degrees of nothing without success.
    Tyreke Evans has yet to be traded.
    Tyreke Evans did not (note, this is past tense for those with difficulties in reading comprehension) desire to come off the bench or play off the ball and has been less than amicable on doing so in the past. (Note: Confirmed above by Scott Kushner.)

Additionally, my position is that your "Tyreke Evans can come off the bench, play small forward, start beside Jrue Holiday, etc etc" is pure speculation. Even if that does occur (it is possible) it is not the position Evans preferred himself to play, as Scott Kushner said in the podcast posted today. Has his view possibly changed? It's possible (though not probable) but that would be actual speculation. So, what you've been doing.

So, to wrap up. I've said things that have occurred. You've speculated.

My position is;

The Pelicans considered waiving and stretching Tyreke Evans, burdening their salary cap for the next two years just to have ~$6 million more in room this year and to be rid of him.
    They have attempted to trade him away for varying degrees of nothing without success.
    Tyreke Evans has yet to be traded.
    Tyreke Evans did not (note, this is past tense for those with difficulties in reading comprehension) desire to come off the bench or play off the ball and has been less than amicable on doing so in the past. (Note: Confirmed above by Scott Kushner.)

Additionally, my position is that your "Tyreke Evans can come off the bench, play small forward, start beside Jrue Holiday, etc etc" is pure speculation. Even if that does occur (it is possible) it is not the position Evans preferred himself to play, as Scott Kushner said in the podcast posted today. Has his view possibly changed? It's possible (though not probable) but that would be actual speculation. So, what you've been doing.

So, to wrap up. I've said things that have occurred. You've speculated.
    The only thing you've said that has actually been confirmed is in the past Tyreke (like 99% of NBA players) preferred to start. Also you are correct, Tyreke has indeed not been traded.

Additionally Brett Dawson said he believes they discussed stretching Tyreke as an option if it became necessary to sign a player they wanted and couldn't add otherwise. What we KNOW they decided to do is trade Babbitt and waive Douglas rather than stretching Tyreke.

Anything else is speculation.

Dawson also said there were several teams they were engaged in trade discussions with, but he couldn't confirm the extent of any of them and the only team he was willing to mention specifically was Bucks.

Other than Monroe (I'd consider him more than a varying degree of nothing) we don't know specifics of any other trade discussions the Pelicans had.

I would say at this point, like Kushner and Dawson have been willing to say, we're all speculating! For some reason thats not enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I guess the part where they both say they don't know anything and are just speculating should be ignored.
    No. It should be taken in context. They did not disclaimer the entire conversation about Tyreke, only a certain part of it.

Besides my only point is that if Scott, who is quite possibly the most connected Pelicans reporter, starts speculating or talking about a situation like this, his opinion (based on inside information he has gotten throughout his time covering them) should weigh far more than basically anyone else's outside of the organization.

Since we cannot expect any team trying to trade a player to give completely honest information, until Tyreke is actually traded, this is about as conclusive of information as we will get on the subject of Tyreke.

When combined with Fisher confirming they seriously discussed stretching Tyreke to clear cap space and Brett's previous tweets I think the picture is clear at this point.

I've seen some dumb arguments on this board, but this one might take the cake. Bravo!

Hint: The Pelicans organization isn't going to say anything on the record negative about a player they're attempting to trade. That doesn't mean they actually want him on the roster. Torpedoing a player, even a negative asset, in a press conference is bad strategy.

So, if you're reading into what Gentry has said in post season press conference remarks (which are coached by the front office to send specific messages or non-messages) you're doing it wrong.
    Yeeeeeeees!

I'm still two pages back, reading through this thread, but why would anyone think they could gauge Gentry's like of a player off of an interview?

For real.

That's like gauging a couple's relationship based off of what they post on facebook.

Some people's children.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Finished.

Oh. People actually argued that......wow.......there's not much you can say to someone that would take the stance of "well he said this during an interview so it HAS to be more accurate than a contacted source".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PELICANS REPORT: where people come to discuss the real problems of the world.

Thread Information