Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Holiday to be traded?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Holiday to be traded?

Multiple reports on the internet say Holiday could be traded to the 76ers. I wonder what we could get in return. I would want to find a way to get a pick.

We have to get a new pg. I think Jrue will leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Links would be nice
    Hoopshype.com

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Thanks... sorry I was in a rush and didn't post link.

This is based on one sentence from the recent Zack Lowe article, saying that Philly 76ers and a few other teams could be interested in signing him this coming off-season. So far from a sure thing, mostly speculation.

Yea we can disregard this as a rumor for now since it's based off of speculation about the upcoming offseason and the 6ers have no incentive at all to win games this year, much less give up assets to do so.

Good. Trade him for Noel and Covington and then we can draft a PG.

Banned
    In the Zach Lowe article AD said he would do 'everything in his power to convince Jrue to stay'.

Jrue to be traded , come on man no where does that say he's going to be traded it's about free agency this summer . Lol

He won't be but he should I think he walks this off season.

1-6

We should find out where his head is at. If we do not feel comfortable he would be willing to stay, we need to move him for something. We have to stop letting all the free agents leave for nothing and replacing them by overpaying other teams' fringe bench players.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We should find out where his head is at. If we do not feel comfortable he would be willing to stay, we need to move him for something. We have to stop letting all the free agents leave for nothing and replacing them by overpaying other teams' fringe bench players.
    Agreed.

Get what assets we can, and hold on to our draft picks at all costs.

Those young talented players on rookie deals are crucial. We'd be in the legit running to trade for someone like Jimmy Butler or Paul George if we had two offseasons worth of draft picks like Buddy Hield and Cheik Diallo.

The "rumor" quotes the ESPN article about Philly may be interested. The word "Trade" is nowhere in the rumor. Come on man.

Sixers interested in Jrue Holiday
    13 hours ago – via ESPN
    That would leave only Sacramento, Philadelphia, New York, and perhaps Orlando as big-money suitors in dire need of a point guard. The Sixers will take a hard look at Holiday, sources say; he fits what they need around Ben Simmons, and the hilariousness of Philly bringing Holiday back after flipping him to start The Process is irresistible. Orlando has expressed interest in Dragic, sources have said, but Elfrid Payton has surged over the last month.

Please give us Noel!

My gut feeling is that Holiday will leave as a FA to play with his brother in New York unless we give him the absolute max. Giving him the max would be the Eric Gordon contract 2.0 and would kill our team for the rest of AD's contract. Holiday is a 3rd best player on middling playoff team when healthy. With that being said, would you do this trade?

Knicks get:
    PG Jrue Holiday
    C Alexis Ajinca
    SF Quincy Pondexter

Pelicans get
    PG Derrick Rose
    C Willy Hernangomez
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 01-19-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Phila received 2 first rounders for him, and now might have him for free after the season. Laughable...

It is absolute priority to know BEFORE the deadline what are his plans for the future.
    You cannot afford losing him for nothing. Especially when Pels won't tank...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't even know how this is considered a rumor:

That would leave only Sacramento, Philadelphia, New York, and perhaps Orlando as big-money suitors in dire need of a point guard. The Sixers will take a hard look at Holiday, sources say; he fits what they need around Ben Simmons, and the hilariousness of Philly bringing Holiday back after flipping him to start The Process is irresistible. Orlando has expressed interest in Dragic, sources have said, but Elfrid Payton has surged over the last month.
    More like pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Good. Trade him for Noel and Covington and then we can draft a PG.
    That is actually one of those moves that could "win the press conference" as MM framed it on TD. Which apparently is the criteria.

Though I really like it. Only problem is I would want us to tank and hopefully luck into Fultz.

Fultz
    Hield
    Covington
    AD
    Noel

Is actually a really solid young core that makes sense around AD.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Phila received 2 first rounders for him, and now might have him for free after the season. Laughable...

It is absolute priority to know BEFORE the deadline what are his plans for the future.
    You cannot afford losing him for nothing. Especially when Pels won't tank...
    My thoughts exactly! However, when it comes to the Pelicans that's to much like right!

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...-for-everyone/

From the legend, MM.

Holiday+ 2017 1st + filler
    for
    CJ McCullom

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

From the legend, MM.

for
    CJ McCullom
    Never in a million years would Portland be that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

From the legend, MM.

for
    CJ McCullom
    God, please. I was in love with him going into the draft. Still a big fan. Fills a lot of our current needs.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-19-2017 at 01:55 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Its good to see everyone is finally seeing what I been saw, its been lonely up here.

Thread Information