Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Is that guy up there talking to his self ��

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Building his post count. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Building his post count. LOL
    Lol, seriously. Then you read his user and makes sense lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Blah Blah.....Dell sucks.....Blah Blah.....Cousins is going to leave us....Blah Blah. Man, bump all of that crap. Ok, we know the pressure is on for this team. But, how about we fan up and cheer these guys on in hopes that they can overcome all of the naysayers and doubters. We are NOLA!!!

aside of the discussion if we overpaid, or if Teaque is better than Holiday, I think these things are quite interesting and important, and its not building a Team like in Nba 2k.

Up until NBA free agency began July 1, Cousins was among a number of Pelicans players urging Holiday to stay in New Orleans, where he has played since 2013. “They were definitely hounding me — in a good way,” Holiday said, jokingly adding that there “might have even been threats. But whatever. It was pretty much, ‘We want you back.’ They were saying they couldn’t do this without me.”
    Jrue Holiday says his new five-year contract with the Pelicans thrusts him into the role of helping persuade All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins to make a similar long-term commitment to New Orleans. “I’ve already started” lobbying Cousins, Holiday said Thursday night after signing his new contract
    if somebody already mentioned, sorry I did not see it

I find it interesting that Durant was willing to take a smaller contract in order for GS to bring in/keep talent on their team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I find it interesting that Durant was willing to take a smaller contract in order for GS to bring in/keep talent on their team.
    Jrue was willing to let his brother sign somewhere else

Kevin Durant was making $36 million last season in endorsements only, and with a ring, i guess it will be more this year, not saying I like his move, or that Jrue is worth the money, but its something different... hard to comapre

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian_Pelican View Post
    Kevin Durant was making $36 million last season in endorsements only, and with a ring, i guess it will be more this year, not saying I like his move, or that Jrue is worth the money, but its something different... hard to comapre
    Except for that he left money in the table. Who am I to discourage someone from making as much money as possible, it's your right, and I'm as big a fan of capitalism, and recognizing limited resource to be more valuable (than non-scarce resources) as anyone, but don't tell me that your team first when your team is struggling to sign free agents, but you are demanding $20+m. Jrue isn't a bad guy (no player asking for money is a bad person), just don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining.

Except for that he left money in the table. Who am I to discourage someone from making as much money as possible, it's your right, and I'm as big a fan of capitalism, and recognizing limited resource to be more valuable (than non-scarce resources) as anyone, but don't tell me that your team first when your team is struggling to sign free agents, but you are demanding $20+m. Jrue isn't a bad guy (no player asking for money is a bad person), just don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining.
    He's not saying KD didn't leave money on the table. He's saying it was easier for KD to leave money on the table given the massive amount he makes in endorsements, not to mention the dynastic potential of the team. The two situations are clearly different. There's no disputing that.

If you want to equate being a "team player" with minimizing the amount a player chooses to earn, that's fine. But again, those decisions are not made in a vacuum. Context matters, and that's why KD's situation is not comparable.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

hehe first i was really confused i mean i flew wit alitalia, it was okay

i don't disagree with you, but their situations are hard to compare

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's not saying KD didn't leave money on the table. He's saying it was easier for KD to leave money on the table given the massive amount he makes in endorsements, not to mention the dynastic potential of the team. The two situations are clearly different. There's no disputing that.

If you want to equate being a "team player" with minimizing the amount a player chooses to earn, that's fine. But again, those decisions are not made in a vacuum. Context matters, and that's why KD's situation is not comparable.
    yes, thanks, thats what i meant, only said better

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post

Nobody is disputing that, what I am saying is that you don't need to say you are a team player when your team is struggling to find cap space, but you demand $20+m. Same with Boogie, AD, and every guy playing on a max deal. This is a business more than a game. Show us you are willing to do a Heatles deal, or a KD deal, or take less than your market, and I will believe you are about team more than self.

Banned
    Guys until the season starts the record is the same as the other 29 teams.
    The first 20 games will set the stage.
    This roster appears to be set unless a trade happens that is blockbuster.
    No sense beating a dead horse everyone has their opinion.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-08-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Nobody is disputing that, what I am saying is that you don't need to say you are a team player when your team is struggling to find cap space, but you demand $20+m. Same with Boogie, AD, and every guy playing on a max deal. This is a business more than a game. Show us you are willing to do a Heatles deal, or a KD deal, or take less than your market, and I will believe you are about team more than self.
    I'm pretty sure Jrue doesn't care what you believe or don't believe.

In his mind he could just as easily argue that he DID leave money on the table since he didn't sign a max.

Regardless of all that, it's a pretty stupid and petty thing to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jrue doesn't care what you believe or don't believe.

In his mind he could just as easily argue that he DID leave money on the table since he didn't sign a max.

Regardless of all that, it's a pretty stupid and petty thing to be upset about.
    Who's upset about anything?

Who's upset about anything?
    Ok.

Do you get angry about things that you find interesting?

"Wow! A fish with three heads. How interesting. I wish it were dead."

Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

What I find interesting is someone throwing shade on a player for saying the RIGHT things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What I find interesting is someone throwing shade on a player for saying the RIGHT things.
    It's not shade, you just got salt on your mind. You are reading too much into things.

It's not shade, you just got salt on your mind. You are reading too much into things.
    Ok. :thumbsup:

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    People say we need basketball IQ, whatever that is, then Rondo is who you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    People say we need basketball IQ, whatever that is, then Rondo is who you want.
    Agreed. People just need to get over their perceived misconceptions. Rondo in this system would work great.

Banned
    Let this sink in, the highest paid point guards in the NBA (right now):

1) Steph Currey
    2) Mike Conley
    3) Russ Westbrook
    4) Damian Lillard
    5) CP3
    6) Jrue Holliday
    7) Kyrie Irving
    8) John Wall
    This List is Proof we have a Bust on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    This List is Proof we have a Bust on our hands
    This list proves that we overpaid for him.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information