Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA files for trademarks for the Hornets and the names are...

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    I can't stop laughing over that Rougarou video. Hell, why not. I'm on board.

I want Rougarou!!! stuff pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Post it on Here. I will call
    Inquire about tickets and the Hornets name!

504)593-4976

So let me get this right..... Some of you would welcome the name change from the Hornets (a giant flying stinging insect) to a Rougarou (a urban legion like werewolf) and we expect to get a better reception to the Rou then to the Pelicans (local ties and state bird.......savage killing machine) nation wide????

Somebody help me understand....lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansBBall View Post
    So let me get this right..... Some of you would welcome the name change from the Hornets (a giant flying stinging insect) to a Rougarou (a urban legion like werewolf) and we expect to get a better reception to the Rou then to the Pelicans (local ties and state bird.......savage killing machine) nation wide????

The reception can't be much worse than what the Pelicans got.

Who said anything about Nationwide?! lol Honestly I like Rougarou just because the shorthand is "Rou." haha

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

NBA files for trademarks for the Hornets and the names are...

Anything besides pelicans or Mosquitos.please. God

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I actually kind of like Rougarou lol

I'll ask again, why do we need a re-brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Because the man who bought the Hornets hates the name...
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

why not gators then? new orleans gators? theres no professional sports team called the gators

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Because the man who bought the Hornets hates the name...
    smh

From what i read the NBA is gonna chose from these five names not benson... ****

Hahaha...ok ok. It is probably a ploy to make Pelicans seem more palatable. I don't hate Pelicans, VooDoo, Spirit, Soul or SwampDogs (Dawgs for short).

I honestly believe the HORNETS belong in Charlotte and like most of you, I believe the rebrand should have been immediate. But it's going to change and we (who are loyal) should support the team regardless to the name.

Squid billies......lol

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Moot point of discussion.
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I don't give a damn what people think nationwide, frankly. A lot of those people think we should be happy with just our little football team and that our team should go to some place with a bigger market. So whatever.

And still, even with Rougarou being the most awesome name ever, it'll become just noise in time. It kinda is noise already.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    From what i read the NBA is gonna chose from these five names not benson... ****
    Uhh, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Moot point of discussion.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Uhh, no.
    The article said Benson sent five names to the NBA and the end name is ultimately there descision. That doesnt sound good.

The Franchise
    I am not the typical international fan as I have links to New Orleans, but when I started supporting the Hornets it was during the Charlotte days so I will try and give some perspective.

This is a team that has come to New Orleans and we have experienced horrible ownership/threats to leave/no ownership. This team had no identity to the New Orleans region, and while changing the name isn't going to make a million new fans in the region - its something that everyone can call their own.

The team was never secure until we finally got new ownership and a long term lease but for some the stench of the previous regime remains, the Hornets name is the only thing that is linked to the past where we had Shinn as Owner/Threats to move to OKC/Bower as GM/Floyd as coach..... and hundreds of other poor moves not to mention that we still get called Charlotte by a lot of people. Changing the name removes the stench for some people and gives them a fresh start with an NBA team.

Now not everyone see's it that way, some people just think Hornets and Teal are dumb, others like the name - each is a valid opinion. The one that counts is Benson though, and he said the name had no identity to New Orleans and a lot of local and some international fans feel the same.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

smh
    Hey you're the one who asked. I like the Hornets name especially since they decided to try to make the brand more 'New Orleans' but if the man bought it and it was under the pretense that he was changing the name, not much can be done

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't give a damn what people think nationwide, frankly. A lot of those people think we should be happy with just our little football team and that our team should go to some place with a bigger market. So whatever.

And still, even with Rougarou being the most awesome name ever, it'll become just noise in time. It kinda is noise already.
    Agreed. But my point is, whatever name we pick will be ridiculed. Of course there are better names but what s a Laker.......or Net.....

I totally understand E.
    Respect

the nets almost became the swamp dragons in 1994 and because it got such a bad review (kind of like pelicans) the owners decided to keep it as nets. So maybe theres still a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The article said Benson sent five names to the NBA and the end name is ultimately there descision. That doesnt sound good.
    Which article said this?

"....Hornets don't mean anything". ___Tom Benson

Thread Information