Pelicans Report

Thread: When Rondo Returns

Pelicans When Rondo Returns

When Rando returns this is going to be a very solid team, you can see Jrue is way more comfortable at the 2 instead the point. With the way Nelson is playing along with Ian Clark and Moore this will help our bench a lot whenever Rando returns, which should be sometime at the end of Nov.

We still need a sf

Don't forget Josh "da gawd" Smith.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Rondo* And I agree. 48 minutes of veteran PG play will make us tough to defend

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I am guessing:

PG- Rondo/ Nelson
    SG- Holiday/ Clark
    SF- Cunningham/ Moore/ Allen
    PF- AD/ Smith
    C- Cousins

I like that it's full of veterans around Holiday, AD and Cousins. We are no longer throwing out the D league all star team.

What happened with Miller last night? If he can just play solid D, make a few layups and knock down a few 3s team is set. Cunningham is a stretch 4 for the bench.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Raaaaaannnnnnnndddddddooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What happened with Miller last night? If he can just play solid D, make a few layups and knock down a few 3s team is set. Cunningham is a stretch 4 for the bench.
    Problem being he can’t do any of that.

I'm so hype to have Rondo back, even despite the other injuries. Just like everyone has been saying, Jrue works better as the 2 and 48 minutes of veteran PG IQ can't be ignored. I'm predicting we make the playoffs, so by then all injuries should be over and we'd be heading in with:

PG- Rondo/Nelson
    SG- Jrue/Clark/Moore
    SF- Hill/Allen/Miller
    PF- AD/Cunningham
    C- Cousins/Ajinca.

That looks like a legit team to me. Not championship caliber in this superteam era, but solid playoff team which could make some close series and maybe even pull some upset games.
    Basketball.

If Nelson has chemistry with the 1st unit, you let him start and have Rondo come off the bench.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Rondo* And I agree. 48 minutes of veteran PG play will make us tough to defend
    Hell yes it will! The game looked way more easy for the Pels when they moved Holiday off the ball and played with Nelson. Just imagine when Rondo gets healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm so hype to have Rondo back, even despite the other injuries. Just like everyone has been saying, Jrue works better as the 2 and 48 minutes of veteran PG IQ can't be ignored. I'm predicting we make the playoffs, so by then all injuries should be over and we'd be heading in with:

PG- Rondo/Nelson
    SG- Jrue/Clark/Moore
    SF- Hill/Allen/Miller
    PF- AD/Cunningham
    C- Cousins/Ajinca.

That looks like a legit team to me. Not championship caliber in this superteam era, but solid playoff team which could make some close series and maybe even pull some upset games.
    It does but I would rather have Josh Smith (even the bad version) over Ajinca. lol

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If Nelson has chemistry with the 1st unit, you let him start and have Rondo come off the bench.

Totally agree, we need his threat of 3 so we can see if this offense works. SF is underperforming so lets see if Smith can help as well.

I'm more interested in seeing a line up of Rondo, Nelson, Holiday than care about who starts. We should be happy to know that Holiday won't need to worry about being a ball handler and focus on getting his and play good defense. Either way, Davis and Cousins will have a good PG on the court at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    It does but I would rather have Josh Smith (even the bad version) over Ajinca. lol
    I would disagree. Josh Smith's last season in the NBA saw him give you 17/8 per 100 possessions, with a 41%TS, -0.04 WS per 48 and a negative VORP.

Last season with us, Ajinca gave 17/15 per 100, 53%TS, +0.08WS per 48, and essentially the same VORP. Ajinca had a 12.9 PER, Smith had 7.7.

And that was well over a year ago, who knows how badly Smith is playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing a line up of Rondo, Nelson, Holiday than care about who starts. We should be happy to know that Holiday won't need to worry about being a ball handler and focus on getting his and play good defense. Either way, Davis and Cousins will have a good PG on the court at all times.
    Rondo, Nelson, Holiday, AD, and Boogie is going to be a nasty lineup at the end of a game.

What’s with no love for Diallo being listed on the roster. Lol. He only got 9 minutes last game but actually looked alright in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What’s with no love for Diallo being listed on the roster. Lol. He only got 9 minutes last game but actually looked alright in them.
    He looked okay but I'm really hoping we won't need to play him much, if at all, in the playoffs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think this team is going to be really good. We have very solid guards and several vets! We are doing it big with cousins and AD but if you look at our guards we are very solid there. Smart guards that play defense. Rondo, Nelson, Jrue, Clark, Moore. That's damn solid. When we get Hill back I think we will be a tough team in the playoffs. We have to make the playoffs! We have to win in the playoffs. I think we will shock the league. Nelson was such a good pickup. Thanks Dell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would prefer Terrance Jones. Couldnt we get him?

Thread Information