Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

I want to provide stats to debunk your theory of Jimmer being the best player on this team, but not even ESPN carrys preseason stats because they don't count.

Sorry. You are right. Jimmer is the best player on this team. Just like he was the best player on the Kings roster. And just like he was the best player on the Bulls roster. Why doesn't he have his jersey retired at the next All Star game just to seal the deal on his greatness.

I want Jimmer to do well for this franchise (we need some spark from our bench), but this is just crazy.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm crying over here from laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Sorry. You are right. Jimmer is the best player on this team. Just like he was the best player on the Kings roster. And just like he was the best player on the Bulls roster. Why doesn't he have his jersey retired at the next All Star game just to seal the deal on his greatness.
    Yeah, I wouldn't go that far. I don't think Jimmer was that good. But if you think so, cool.

You like straw-men don't you? Inventing things to claim I said to make my statement look absurd when I never said such things. I don't get why it makes you so uncomfortable to look at reality when it comes to Jimmer. I think I'm going to start calling it Jimmaphobia from now on.

Just call it what it is...trolling.

I think its time to take this off of a game thread, and create a Jimmer thread just discuss all things Jimmer. How he's playing, how he's feeling, how his bowel movements are going, etc. This kind of talk wasn't meant for these kind of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I understand judging off of the most recent history, but you can't seriously think 3 preseason games are enough to really say player X coming off of a all-star season and a gold medal summer is lesser than player Y who's been a career back up(which may or may not be his fault). The history which can't just be ignored says that player X is better. This coming from someone who really likes Jimmer and still think he could have a similar Nash like late burst in his career. On top of being one of the biggest Davis doubters as it pertains to superstardom.

The problem is the basis of your point lacks any logic. If all you have are 3 preseason games to make your point then there's really no point to make.
    More Jimmaphobia.

Let me make what I said more clear for those of a slightly handicapped mind: Jimmer is the best performing player on the Pelicans team over the last 3 preseason games.

I didn't say he was the savior of this team, I didn't say he was the face of the franchise, I didn't say he is a better career player than Anthony Davis, I didn't say that he was the best player on the Kings or the Bulls, and I didn't claim he was the ultimate god of the universe.

Get it?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    Talk talk talk. Still waiting on the stats, buddy.
    I'm so glad we gave Jimmer just a 1 year deal.

Just call it what it is...trolling.

I think its time to take this off of a game thread, and create a Jimmer thread just discuss all things Jimmer. How he's playing, how he's feeling, how his bowel movements are going, etc. This kind of talk wasn't meant for these kind of threads.
    Yeah, you're the troll, making up straw-men. Your avatar even looks like a troll.

Jimmer's Bishop is going to let Jimmer direct Sunday services.

Jimmer's Bishop is going to let Jimmer direct Sunday services.
    See, this is trolling. I'm talking about reality, and now you're taking personal shots.

No, Jimmer has already proven he's one of the better scorers in this league. He's consistently had a great PER over the last few years.
    Just to address this point:
    2014: 15.88 (111)
    2013: 14.66 (154 tied with DeJuan Blair)
    2011: 10.84 (274)

I would post the preseason stats, but Hollinger only has regular season and postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm so glad we gave Jimmer just a 1 year deal.
    Got those stats yet? Or just a trollin now?

More Jimmaphobia.

Let me make what I said more clear for those of a slightly handicapped mind: Jimmer is the best performing player on the Pelicans team over the last 3 preseason games.

I didn't say he was the savior of this team, I didn't say he was the face of the franchise, I didn't say he is a better career player than Anthony Davis, I didn't say that he was the best player on the Kings or the Bulls, and I didn't claim he was the ultimate god of the universe.

Get it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	troll.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	5765

Why couldn't we have just signed somebody from the U instead of that school down south? Andre Miller, or Andrew Bogut would be fine signing by me as they wouldn't have brought Jimmer fandemonium with them.

I know Jimmer's Bishop. His bishop plays better defense.

More Jimmaphobia.

Get it?
    Ok you are clearly the type of poster people accuse me of being. Just typing things to get a response. Now that I realize that this is what you are doing I can ignore you knowing you don't want to actually discuss anything in a meaningful manner. Enjoy your blind defending of Fredette plenty people here will engage/indulge you I won't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Just to address this point:
    I would post the preseason stats, but Hollinger only has regular season and postseason.
    For those too afraid of getting the stats over the last 3 games, here they are: Jimmer is shooting a team high 56 percent from the field and 54% behind the 3-pt line. He leads the team in 13.3 pts per game.

Why couldn't we have just signed somebody from the U instead of that school down south? Andre Miller, or Andrew Bogut would be fine signing by me as they wouldn't have brought Jimmer fandemonium with them.

I know Jimmer's Bishop. His bishop plays better defense.
    Now I understand, we have a U fan here. That explains the Jimmer hate. Your objectivity just went out the window...

Got those stats yet? Or just a trollin now?
    LOL I've been on this forum since 2008. You joined a few months ago, I'm assuming because Jimmer signed with us on July 18th, but I'M the troll. HA!

Why didn't Jackson Emory get a fair shake at the NBA? What will become of Brandon Davies? Is Austin Ainge just waiting to make his grand entrance into the NBA?

Basketball in the state of Utah could fall into Denali's fault and I wouldn't shed two tears (sorry MM).

Banned
    I'm crying over here from laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    LOL I've been on this forum since 2008. You joined a few months ago, I'm assuming because Jimmer signed with us on July 18th, but I'M the troll. HA!
    Haven't seen a rational statement from you, yet in this exchange. When you have one, I'll drop the troll label. Until then, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Ok you are clearly the type of poster people accuse me of being. Just typing things to get a response. Now that I realize that this is what you are doing I can ignore you knowing you don't want to actually discuss anything in a meaningful manner. Enjoy your blind defending of Fredette plenty people here will engage/indulge you I won't be one.
    So you disagree with the statement: "Jimmer is the best performing player on the Pelicans team over the last 3 preseason games."

If so, please back it up.

For those too afraid of getting the stats over the last 3 games, here they are: Jimmer is shooting a team high 56 percent from the field and 54% behind the 3-pt line. He leads the team in 13.3 pts per game.
    Please address the argument I made and not one I didn't. A PER of under 16 ain't great by any means. Not even in even the top 100.

Haven't seen a rational statement from you, yet in this exchange. When you have one, I'll drop the troll label. Until then, good luck.
    I thought "who cares? it's preseason" was pretty rational. But then you started crying about excuses.

Please address the argument I made and not one I didn't. A PER of under 16 ain't great by any means. Not even in even the top 100.
    Please address my argument first, then we'll address yours. You're just deflecting and trying to change the subject.

I havent seen a single Pelicans preseason game (thanks DirecTV), and I doubt you have either, but has Jimmer been putting up amazing numbers versus #1's or #2's?

Thread Information