Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If he came here, I think Gordon would essentially be the PG on offense. Bledsoe would run secondary offense, but his primary contribution would be on the defensive end and on the boards. Those would both translate to our system, or any system for that matter. It would limit us in some ways, as our small forward would have to be an above average three point shooter in order to give the floor space needed, but that is manageable. Guys like Budinger or Corey Brewer could fit that role.

He's a good fit, the question is simply whether the Hornets can put together a package that would be good enough to pry him loose
    I was always a fan of him, and would love it if he joins the hornets, but its easier to be good in a smaller role on a very strong team, than a bigger role on a weak them. Not saying you are not right

yes i doubt the Clippers want to make anything on their Roster now, after everything works so well

NBA Gameday Thread: Thunder@Clippers - Bledsoe extended minutes!

Chris Paul will be sitting out again and tonight should be a great opportunity for Bledsoe to show case his ability of running a team. He will also be guarding an elite PG in Westbrook while also playing a premier team in the Thunder. Fan of Bledsoe or not a fan, should be a great game to watch anyway and get a good look at him. I know one game doesn't make or break a player but can definitely help sway some opinions on how he can run a team. I think with him on the Clippers now running the show without a CP3 is a less dangerous team as opposed to the Hornets after this offseason to work with of revamping and developing players. This is not a trade for Bledsoe although thats what it takes to get him haha but just a reminder to watch and see what he can do. The Clippers are definitely elite with CP3 and I even think if Bledsoe was the future guy but I see us with a couple of right pieces giving them a 7 game series! I even see us knocking them out quicker with Bledsoe being our new CP3 with some differences but better in some! Davis will own Griff in 2 years, we will be equal if not better at C, we have better big rotation, Gordon as our Crawford but better, and Rivers really being our poor mans Crawford if thats what you think of him but I think he's going to be better! CP3 said he dreads the day he has to play this kid but cant wait to see him get the opportunity because he is an All-Star caliber with the right team and opportunity no doubt. I'm sure he will see heavy minutes tonight as he is only person on roster who can guard Westbrook right now. If anyone is watching let me know what you think!?
    GEAUX HORNETS!!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Game got a little less interesting with CP sitting out...

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Game got a little less interesting with CP sitting out...
    To me it got more interesting because this is one of few times to see Bledsoe get heavy minutes against an elite PG who we will have to deal with for the future. This is definitely a show casing for Bledsoe and could be a factor in our interest in acquiring him which I am a big fan of. Of course I wanna see CP3 but I will have plenty of time to watch that when it actually matters in the playoffs, but for now as a fan of Bledsoe being a Hornet it is a very exciting game!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    To me it got more interesting because this is one of few times to see Bledsoe get heavy minutes against an elite PG who we will have to deal with for the future. This is definitely a show casing for Bledsoe and could be a factor in our interest in acquiring him which I am a big fan of. Of course I wanna see CP3 but I will have plenty of time to watch that when it actually matters in the playoffs, but for now as a fan of Bledsoe being a Hornet it is a very exciting game!
    Im def more intrigued with bledsoe getting the lions share of the min at the pg spot....I already know what cp3 can do so it'll be interesting to see bledsoe play with westbrook....cp3 would eat westbrook alive....as i type this dummy webber just said westbrook is best pg in league smh

Bledsoe is an absolute beast on defense he is giving Westbrook no room and is blocking and so active around the rim constantly!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    He's also playing horribly offensively.

Im sorry but bledsoe is a poor mans westbrook... And i dont even like westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    He's also playing horribly offensively.
    I think he has been creating pretty well and looks like he is in good control of the offense. He is giving himself some wide open looks against arguably the best defensive PG in the game and having to cover him every play. I'll take my chances on him knocking that jumper down with some more time.

Both teams have emptied the bench to start the second, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Im sorry but bledsoe is a poor mans westbrook... And i dont even like westbrook
    If you wouldn't want Westbrook on the Hornets then you are crazy! Bledsoe will be special and he already is. He's making mistakes as he has also been creating but lets just let the game play out see what he does.

I said he is a poor mans westbrook...he will never become the player Westbrook is imo. This is Bledsoes 3rd year in the league and he still way behind where Westbrook was at this point.

I said he is a poor mans westbrook...he will never become the player Westbrook is imo. This is Bledsoes 3rd year in the league and he still way behind where Westbrook was at this point.
    I think your wrong right there. He is a different player then Westbrook in terms of I think he has learned a lot from CP3 on how to create for other players. Westbrook will kill you or save you by chuckin it up all night no matter the pressure. Bledsoe is the missing piece and perfect player to get us to the next level once roster develops! Bledsoe has it all except a consistent jumper. Give him one more off season of hard work and watch out!

This is off topic, but I hate Chris Webber and Kenny Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    This is off topic, but I hate Chris Webber and Kenny Smith.
    This

Bledsoe is not all that...3-12 with 3 assist..1 to with a -5 per...not sure what all the hype is about...he's average at best

If people are quick to turn on Vasquez for his double double games, imagine the rioting that would go on if we traded for Bledsoe and he (Bledsoe) put up those types of numbers (the Vasquez numbers).
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-22-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If people are quick to turn on Vasquez for his double double games, imagine the rioting that would go on if we traded for Bledsoe and he put up those types of numbers.
    This confused me....maybe im misunderstanding u

Bledsoe as a starter will u give u excellent defense and great rebounding but he will also give u nothing in terms of playmaking, lots of turnovers and poor shooting. He can electrify a crowd and make spectacular plays but imo he is a liability in half court sets and half court basketball is what wins you nba championships. He would be a perfect compliment to vasquez but unless we keep vasquez and are able to pay the 2 resonanle salaries I would much rather take my chances on michael carter williams, trey burke or marcus smart in the draft as our change of pace pg to greives

Bledsoe as a starter will u give u excellent defense and great rebounding but he will also give u nothing in terms of playmaking, lots of turnovers and poor shooting. He can electrify a crowd and make spectacular plays but imo he is a liability in half court sets and half court basketball is what wins you nba championships. He would be a perfect compliment to vasquez but unless we keep vasquez and are able to pay the 2 resonanle salaries I would much rather take my chances on michael carter williams, trey burke or marcus smart in the draft as our change of pace pg to greives
    I think thats completely wrong. He has some bad rolls on the rim with some shots. If a few more shots fall down then he has a great night and confidence to keep scoring. Yes he didn't very well offensively but he can have an impact on a game like an Anthony Davis by not scoring much but just doing everything else very well. I think with a little more time on his own with a new team becomes way better just as Vasquez has with time. No way was Vasquez ready for this 2 years ago but now he is. He got some very good time to sit on the bench and develop in Memphis and develop by getting time each year in Nola and learning from a great. Just like Bledsoe has and could with the Hornets. Bledsoe is a light year more dangerous and better then Vasquez on the Hornets Roster without Vasquez I can promise you that. He is actually a perfect compliment to River and Gordon especially more then Vasquez. Bledsoe, Rivers, and Gordon would be a great guard rotation with each being able to cover and play both with Bledsoe as primary PG of course but Gordon could take a lot of creating duties off his hands like a Jamal Crawford does. Then with a developed Rivers for next year along with Bledsoe Davis and rest of crew. Yes we are a hell of a lot scarier with Bledsoe then Vasquez, Sorry.

Blake Griffin lost this game by trying to be Lebron James on 5 different occasions in the 4th. Bledsoe didn't help either, he could have knocked down some more jumpers, and teammates also could have made some more shots for assists. Griffin was more worried about his triple double all game then the damn win! WoW! I'm so glad Davis is everything Griffin is not and funny I use to think how awesome it would be to have someone like Blake Griffin. Now I have Anthony Davis!?

On another note, I loved what I saw from Brandon Jennings tonight. I only got to watch the 4th quarter, but he made so many plays that won't show up in the boxscore. Man.... If we could get him at a reasonable price, I'd be ecstatic!

I like Vasquez more than Bledsoe... If only Vasquez had Bledsoe's speed

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    On another note, I loved what I saw from Brandon Jennings tonight. I only got to watch the 4th quarter, but he made so many plays that won't show up in the boxscore. Man.... If we could get him at a reasonable price, I'd be ecstatic!
    Honestly, I'd be willing to overpay for Jennings. I think he could be our Tony Parker. He'd be the final big piece to this team. The rest would be filling out role players, which we already have quite a few guys that could fill in like Vasquez, Aminu, Lopez (I think Lopez is more likely to stick around than Smith), and then whoever we draft.

A core of Davis, Gordon, Jennings, and Anderson is one of the best in the NBA for now and the future. The average age would be 23, and even if we maxed out Jennings, we'd only be paying around $40 million every season for 3 seasons. Compare that to what other teams pay their cores. That's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think thats completely wrong. He has some bad rolls on the rim with some shots. If a few more shots fall down then he has a great night and confidence to keep scoring. Yes he didn't very well offensively but he can have an impact on a game like an Anthony Davis by not scoring much but just doing everything else very well. I think with a little more time on his own with a new team becomes way better just as Vasquez has with time. No way was Vasquez ready for this 2 years ago but now he is. He got some very good time to sit on the bench and develop in Memphis and develop by getting time each year in Nola and learning from a great. Just like Bledsoe has and could with the Hornets. Bledsoe is a light year more dangerous and better then Vasquez on the Hornets Roster without Vasquez I can promise you that. He is actually a perfect compliment to River and Gordon especially more then Vasquez. Bledsoe, Rivers, and Gordon would be a great guard rotation with each being able to cover and play both with Bledsoe as primary PG of course but Gordon could take a lot of creating duties off his hands like a Jamal Crawford does. Then with a developed Rivers for next year along with Bledsoe Davis and rest of crew. Yes we are a hell of a lot scarier with Bledsoe then Vasquez, Sorry.
    U keep dreaming bro..u overrate this kid BIG TIME smh

Thread Information