Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devin Booker future Pel?

Pelicans Devin Booker future Pel?

If this team is able to resign Cousins this offseason we will be in a great position to bring in that missing piece over the next couple years. This is going to be a process that imo will take 2-3 years before we are serious championship contenders. We will no doubt compete with what we have but it's obvious we need 1 more stud.

My guy is Devin Booker. The Suns are a disaster and I don't see them getting any better over the next 2 seasons which could sway him to leave. I could absolutely see him having us as one of his top destinations when it comes down to it with us being a perfect fit as well. The Kentucky factor will play a much bigger role then some might think when he will have the chance to play with the 2 best bigs in the NBA who he happens to be close to and looks up to. The chance to win big also has to be on his mind soon and we provide that.

Jrue/Booker/Davis/Cousins would be one hell of a core 4 that I would put up against anybody. It will all come down to does he want the little extra $ or still get paid a lot and chase rings. I really believe we have a serious shot at this kid if Cousins returns and he would be one of the best fits out there for this team. Continue to draft SFs with our picks and try to land that 3andD player we need on the cheap. There will be other players besides Booker but he is no doubt one of my top choices and would instantly put this team in that top tier being as good of a fit there is in the NBA.

Welcome back Guardian!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

In my dreams but IMO DeMarcus will leave I just have a bad feeling

I don't see him leaving the Suns, he is that franchise.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Why would the suns ever let him walk? They are going to throw a huge sack of money his way.

Why stop at Booker...let gets Giannis

We are talking about 2k here and not real life, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Gentry is a good coach. Watch. Talk to me after we get to 20 games played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure he's a good coach at all, but I do agree he's not as apocalyptically useless as some people make out. He's not the worst coach in the league, but he's only one rung above.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The Pelicans need to dump Alvin Gentry.
    Then players will be more interested in coming to New Orleans.
    But as long as Loser Alvin Gentry is here we will have to stay with what we have.
    DC looks more and more playing his way to new Big contract with a winning team next year.
    I think if Dell sees that DC is not going to resign we will trade him and get something for our lost 1st round pick
    Are you Alvins ex girlfriend or something?
    I think one thing about Alvin is he is liked by many of the players. A good coach? That's another story.

Alvin can be an entirely mediocre coach, which he is, and still make the playoffs with these two stars. Win a title? No. But he's proven in the past if you just hand him enough of a sure thing he'll go ahead and get expected results out of it. Nothing more. But he doesn't need to do more for this team to be good.

This season is almost more about luck than anything else. Luck would be Boogie and Brow both playing 75+ games. Do that, and the team will be in the thick of things all season long, Alvin or no Alvin.

Tyronne Lue is a nothing coach too. I remember the old Boston Celtics with K.C. Jones just as a placeholder figurehead. Put enough talent around a placeholder coach and they will win. Not because of their coaching, but they won't kill you. It's just in other situations where their limitations become so evident. Without the talent, in awkward situations, they won't think of innovative solutions. But the towers are self-motivated superstars looking to finally win. Rondo is an experienced championship PG who actually would much rather a coach be hands off and let him do his thing. This isn't a squad that needs a hard driving coach in order to make a run at respectability at least.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    God, would Devin Booker be perfect for us. Except for him not playing defense.

Man, why can't the Warriors fall apart already? Have Klay Thompson demand a trade. We send them Jrue or something. Get Klay. ??? Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    Why stop at Booker...let gets Giannis

We are talking about 2k here and not real life, correct?
    Maybe we can land Porzingas as well, and sign Shaun Livingston, and have the tallest starting 5 in the NBA.

Boogie - 7'
    AD- 7'
    Porzingas- 7'3
    Giannis- 7'
    Livingston- 6'7

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Maybe we can land Porzingas as well, and sign Shaun Livingston, and have the tallest starting 5 in the NBA.

Boogie - 7'
    AD- 7'
    Porzingas- 7'3
    Giannis- 7'
    Livingston- 6'7
    Hmm...is Booker happy to come off the bench in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Hmm...is Booker happy to come off the bench in this scenario?
    Of course he is, he will be coming off the bench with LBJ, Golbert, and Steph Currey.

Booker has won my heart over the last year. Hated him at first, but only cause he was giving the Pels hell. If we had him, I’d Be very happy.
    RIP FlyGirl

ESPN was just taking about how the Suns are going to have trouble keeping Butler from going somewhere else. He has the option of leaving if he wants to but it's going to come down to how much $ is enough for him. I think when the time comes for him to explore leaving we will have a very good shot. Having a player pass up $ isn't unheard of and Gordon Heyward did just that for a lot of $.

Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Boogie - 7'
    AD- 7'
    Porzingas- 7'3
    Giannis- 7'
    Livingston- 6'7
    At this point we might as well get Durant instead of Livingston. Why are you trying to go small ball? PG-Giannis, SG-Durant, SF-AD, PF- Porzingas, and C-Boogie! All 7 ft starting lineup!

Booker only had 9pts tonight. They may have given up on him. Strike while the iron is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Booker only had 9pts tonight. They may have given up on him. Strike while the iron is hot!
    I feel like Warren would fit more of a need than Booker

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel like Warren would fit more of a need than Booker
    Maybe. But Booker has so much more potential.

If we made that trade, I wouldn't believe it. Just would not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Time to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Maybe. But Booker has so much more potential.

If we made that trade, I wouldn't believe it. Just would not believe it.
    In what way? Warren just scored 35 points on 70% shooting

He is my number 1 target in the league

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    In what way? Warren just scored 35 points on 70% shooting

He is my number 1 target in the league
    You're welcome to that. Warren doesn't interest me at all though. Not because I think he's bad, I just have no almost no opinion on him. Doesn't seem remarkable in anyway to me.

I find Booker more desirable because his game would fit what we lack more. Guys to stretch the defense. Play iso ball and run off screens. Booker is smart for a younger guy and should only be able to improve.

How about kuzminskas guys ? I have read that he might be cut soon, he can play the 3 and the 4 a bit and he can shoot

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    How about kuzminskas guys ? I have read that he might be cut soon, he can play the 3 and the 4 a bit and he can shoot
    Can he guard the 3?

Thread Information