Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    SO TIRED OF THE POINT GUARD NOT BEING ABLE TO GET BUY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is absolutely killing the offense. Davis has to get more than 7 FG attempts in a game. Depending on how Gordon comes back, I would maybe trade Rivers, I really thought after a quarter of the way through the season we would start to see a little improvement. There is know way this kid can be a point guard I just don't see it.
    absolutely not!!! we are not and will not trade rivers!! that has to be a joke right?

I just have not been impressed so far, I wasn't thrilled with the pick anyway, I thought they should tried to trade up to draft Lillard but thats the way it goes.

I realize he hasn't played pg. I guess I am still spoiled of having a good point guard with having Paul & Baron Davis the last 15 years.

I just hope Gordon comes back plays well and stays healthy, but I think there is slim chance of that happening. I hope I am wrong.

Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

Sounds stupid but can Vasquez play the 3? He can rebound pretty well for a 6'6 guy aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    Sounds stupid but can Vasquez play the 3? He can rebound pretty well for a 6'6 guy aswell.
    He has enough troubles guarding the pointguard position, couldn't imagine him at the 3, only reason why he scores at a high rate sometimes is because of his massive height advantage at the pointguard spot, so i can't imagine how awful he would be undersized.

He struggles guard pgs because he is a lot slower. He scores because of his strength and height. I wouldnt mind seeing him there

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty is losing me quickly .. I will give him another chance when Gordon gets back . But I'm not pleased with his coaching this year , he has been horrible this year
    This season I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, he has a young inexperienced roster who really have no clue what the NBA is about. He showed promise with last years squad of solid veterans without a "go to guy". I think next year will be the measuring stick for his capabilities of coaching with the players having more experience.

Re: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    This season I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, he has a young inexperienced roster who really have no clue what the NBA is about. He showed promise with last years squad of solid veterans without a "go to guy". I think next year will be the measuring stick for his capabilities of coaching with the players having more experience.
    No, two years from will be the measuring stick. We will have had our entire core roster for a year by then (since I expect us to pick up an impact rookie and FA next season). And that lines up nicely to when the club decides whether he should be extended again or not since you don't want a lame duck coach.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

can someone explain to me why you are saying Vasquez didn't defense well in recent games? From what I saw, both Lillard and Curry struggled in finding their shoots or assists.

I have seen you hard on Vasquez in a few threads. I know you blame the travel he made late in the game. But to me that's clearly a bad call. Another bad call is the last block call on Rivers. It is clear that they have home advantage, even golden state reporters said that. Why can't the hornets fans be supportive to their players?

Quote Originally Posted by jacklvyn View Post
    I have seen you hard on Vasquez in a few threads. I know you blame the travel he made late in the game. But to me that's clearly a bad call. Another bad call is the last block call on Rivers. It is clear that they have home advantage, even golden state reporters said that. Why can't the hornets fans be supportive to their players?
    Ohhh I saw that. That was a terrible call.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I like Vasquez. I think he could be one of the best PGs in the league, as a backup. I think its clear the major positions we need to address via trades or fa/draft is PG and SF.

Also some facts from front court.
    The hornets were beat in the paint again. They were out rebounded. Good to see Davis getting 16 rebounds though. But Ryan got ZERO rebound. He used 26 possessions to get 28 points. David Lee is indeed a hard match up for him.
    I love Davis's effort. But I expect him to develop more post moves like David Lee.

Once davis develops a little more of an offensive game, he'll be unstoppable. Right now he stands around alot on o, not much to complain about, but once he bulks up, develops some post moves and improves his jump shot, he will be a dominating force in this league. As far as vasquez, my opinion of him changes every possession. We have bigger concerns at the 2 and 3 right now in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I like Vasquez. I think he could be one of the best PGs in the league, as a backup. I think its clear the major positions we need to address via trades or fa/draft is PG and SF.
    This is what I don't get about everybody on here. Everyone thinks Vasquez is an elite backup, but shouldn't even be in the league when he starts. He is what he is and he's starting for the Hornets right now, its not his choice. He just goes out and plays hard, getting better and better. I'll admit I'm not a hornets fan at heart, but have adopted them while Greivis is playing for them, but I've never seen fans hate on there players so much. They're a young team and aren't perfect in the least. Let it play out.

Dont worry too much. I am a Vasquez fan like you. Vasquez is an unusual point guard. Obviously, not everyone appreciate this kind of play. But he is making impact to the games and this league.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    This is what I don't get about everybody on here. Everyone thinks Vasquez is an elite backup, but shouldn't even be in the league when he starts. He is what he is and he's starting for the Hornets right now, its not his choice. He just goes out and plays hard, getting better and better. I'll admit I'm not a hornets fan at heart, but have adopted them while Greivis is playing for them, but I've never seen fans hate on there players so much. They're a young team and aren't perfect in the least. Let it play out.

It's not like anyone here hates Vasquez. In fact, he's one of my favorites on the team because he plays so hard and I love his fire. But I think we all see his limitations. There is probably a personnel group that would work with Vasquez at the PG; hell, it's probably Eric Gordon at the 2. He'll take a lot of pressure off of Vasquez when he takes over the P&R. For now, though, without a faster guard, he is experiencing a lot of trouble on offense and defense. I think it's reasonable to complain about his game when it hurts the team in the midst of a pretty bad losing streak. I still like him; I just recognize the team can probably do better with someone else starting.

The only thing im really upset about is no miller time. He must have really been slacking in practice or something. Vazquez didnt play awful tonight but he missed slot of open men tonight. The only way he can keep starting in this league is if he sharpens his descision making up. Its supposed to be his strong suit but hes stumbled alot this season.

And mcguire is a likable player. He doesnt have much offense but ppl need to learn from him. He is a solid defender and a good ballhandler.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    Please tell me where I said he shouldnt be in the league or hated on him? The PG runs the offense and our offense blows. You are not going to be successful in the NBA running P&R 85% of the time like we do. He isn't on the level of a starting PG and if you can't realize that because you are biased because you like the guy so much then I'm sorry but a sports forum isn't for you.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    We've already done this for a stretch with Roberts and Rivers both on the court together in a small ball lineup. But as some long term thing? Won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklvyn View Post
    Dont worry too much. I am a Vasquez fan like you. Vasquez is an unusual point guard. Obviously, not everyone appreciate this kind of play. But he is making impact to the games and this league.
    He's averaging 19, 13 and 6 his last 3 games. Going into the Clippers game tonight, which LA was his best game before these past few, I'm excited lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    It's not like anyone here hates Vasquez. In fact, he's one of my favorites on the team because he plays so hard and I love his fire. But I think we all see his limitations. There is probably a personnel group that would work with Vasquez at the PG; hell, it's probably Eric Gordon at the 2. He'll take a lot of pressure off of Vasquez when he takes over the P&R. For now, though, without a faster guard, he is experiencing a lot of trouble on offense and defense. I think it's reasonable to complain about his game when it hurts the team in the midst of a pretty bad losing streak. I still like him; I just recognize the team can probably do better with someone else starting.
    the thing is who else is going to start over him right now. like I said, it is what it is. until a full healthy team is playing together, let it play out and support the team

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Please tell me where I said he shouldnt be in the league or hated on him? The PG runs the offense and our offense blows. You are not going to be successful in the NBA running P&R 85% of the time like we do. He isn't on the level of a starting PG and if you can't realize that because you are biased because you like the guy so much then I'm sorry but a sports forum isn't for you.
    Believe it or not we're actually ranked 17th in offensive efficiency and that's without Davis for half the season and with Austin Rivers shooting 34% in all of November.

And most NBA basketball is P&R. I'm not sure where you get this notion that it's not. It's not like we have any playmakers on the wing to do something besides pick n roll.

Thread Information